Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm a fan of Vlad and never posted on the forum (although I have lurked around since he signed) but I want to say thanks to all that had a good word for Vlad. Competing in PL is not an easy thing and he had little time to show what is capable of.
Hope he stays because Tottenham is a great team to be with.
Vlad are you actually Vlad

If this is true, there must be something else going on that we just aren't aware of. We've seen sales where we wished the person wasn't leaving or would be given more time, but this is just odd.

This isn't a big money deal to tempt Levy, we didn't see any personality issues, he put in really strong performances especially considering some of the other new arrivals, and he looks to only have potential.

I won't say that it's impossible that we're just being stupid, but I have to believe that there is more to this story that we just aren't aware of. If anything, we've been slow to sell players that needed to go, not this.
if i had to put a bet on the reason why they decided to sell him, it would be because of medical issues. after all, the club was always a bit secretive and evasive regarding the nature of his injuries this past season

I did like Chiriches, shame to see him leave.

He could stay much longer,in my opinion he played well last season (just in the end he had problems with the form,because his back injury when he stayed 2 months out from the pitch (everyone said that must wait another 2 months to recover the form =in football how long you stay injured ,the same time is necessary for a full recovery or form)

I don’t know why the new manager don’t give him credit for this season to be more involved in the Spurs squad,for sure ,he could give help for a long long season ,you know all that in a moment will start again troubles,injuries,not welcomed,but it’s happened these, i always seen him playing alongside with Vertonghen in defence as central defenders,but seems my dream not being a reality,because when you hire a new manager ,he always try to insert his strategy ,his henchmen,players ,staff etc ,and Vlad Chiriches was a player in the plans of Andre Villas Boas ,1 year ago,after the 6 months he was axed,then Tim Sherwood manager for another 6 months ,now Pocchetino, the third manager for Spurs in just 1 year...

When in the last year you make 7 new transfers ,always a team in football needs TIME to make the team to play great…now after 1 year ,Spurs changed the old plan ,with another new one, new players (Davies,Dier) ,others to go, Siggy left already for Swansea,Chiriches for AS Roma (part in a plan with a transfer of Benatia ,central defender of AS Roma to Bayern Munchen = I heard germans offer 30 millions euro ,but AS Roma wants 35 millions …still in talks between the clubs ,while Chiriches wait this transfer to be perfected to go in the italian capitale,I asking myself what will be the situation if Roma and Bayern don’t make this deal ? Chiriches will stay at the Spurs ? I hope so myself ,but are little chances …

Last edited:
Is he a hard trainer Dan? We know he can put beer away like a champion, but perhaps he isn't someone who trains the way the manager demands. This could well be an issue if they disagree on training methods.

Is he a hard trainer Dan? We know he can put beer away like a champion, but perhaps he isn't someone who trains the way the manager demands. This could well be an issue if they disagree on training methods.
Let me try to answer that :freund::
In my view Vlad is in a difficult position, as a newcomer challenging Dawson's starting position in the squad, something that all Dawson fans, whether they admit it or not, feel. And more than sure Dawson himself feels it :dawsonmean:. He's the captain, English, long time proven services, etc. Now it is down to the manager to make things work but unfortunately Tottenham had 3 managers in less than an year and Poch for a reason or other has not used Vlad yet. In pure footballing terms (but what is that?) Vlad has what it takes to be part of a (25 players) team aiming for the top 4 in PL but that is valid for a considerable number of other CB that Tottenham can afford. I remember a match (can't remember exactly which one) when Vlad was advancing in the opposition field with the ball at his feet, looking for a team mate to pass the ball forward and they were like "what the hell is this dude trying to do, showing off? :lennon:" and he had to pass the ball back...
Is Vlad going to be part of the future Tottenham? I certainly hope so.

Anyone think it could all be to do with him getting shit faced mid season?

Sherwood handled it pretty well in public..
“I did see that, yes,” said a bemused but unfazed Sherwood. “I’ve fallen over in the snow before and all.
“He’s had a weekend off and he’s got to play well on Wednesday.
“No (he will not face a fine), he wasn’t breaking any rules.
“For his own sake you wish he didn’t (do it).
“He was unsteady on his legs by the looks of it; it must have been windy over there.”

...but maybe Poch doesnt like that sort of thing..?

if i had to put a bet on the reason why they decided to sell him, it would be because of medical issues. after all, the club was always a bit secretive and evasive regarding the nature of his injuries this past season
Yeah, I thought about that,but that would signal to me that there are more serious health issues making it incredible difficult to sell. I don't think that it is impossible that this is the reason, just seems unlikely.

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach
Follow

Pochettino asked about Chiriches to Roma & Napoli's reported interest in Sandro last night. "We have no information on anything," he said.
12:30 AM - 23 Aug 2014
21 Retweets
9 favorites

Glad to see him back in training, maybe he can play some part on Thursday, we need all the decent players we can find ATM. We're in the middle of a hard set of fixtures, to get 4 wins out of 4, is going to stretch the squad and Poch's skills.

Wait, is happy Chiriches a sign that he isn't on his way out? I hope so!
AS Roma buy a greek defender last update,that mean closed doors for Chiriches…In this moment are big chances to stay here on WHL,but unfortunately for him not as first team player ,reserve of Vertonghen,most probable.

Back
Top Bottom