Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He did well for the first 30 minutes and then I remember him miss-passing the ball once.

From that point onwards he lost all composure and was incredibly safe; he passed the ball out for a thrown in or corner all the time when under no pressure.

Fragile mind, to say the least. Technically, he's fine. Mentally he's one of the weakest players I've ever seen.
in the present ,yes ,he lost confidence in himself,2 years ago wasn't the same,remember first half of the previous season,was full of confidence and played well until AVB was fired,the manager who transfered him from Steaua,from that point he looks unsettled starting with Tim Sherwood,interesting is that in the present when he play for the national team is not the same player from Spurs,he knows where is his place (first team),mentally perfect,obviously he speak the same language with the rest of the players,everything does here play natural,calm in the pitch, rest of the players and manager,Anghel Iordanescu, respecting him and give credit to him much more because know how to talk with him, while when he play for Spurs looks too under pressure to not make mistakes and the fans lost patience quick,if he wrong a pass ,negative reactions coming from the fans etc...and he is not happy with that, he want more positive and encouragement reactions coming from the fans,he wasn't just him (many foreign players from the squad accuse the negative pressure coming from the fans when they play on WHL)

today interview for "DigiSport" here:
http://www.gsp.ro/international/str...noua-sa-pozitie-de-fundas-dreapta-445107.html
Vlad: " I'm still with my mind here,i just wish to play much more and i hope to do so. I don't think for a departure."
The 25 years old player ,about that he played RB in the last period of time:
" It's unusual for me to play here (RB),i play,normally,since at the age 14-15 years old just CB...i have still some troubles to get this new role and i will try to play well as RB" said Vlad Chiriches.

my opinion (and many romanian fans thinking the same) is that Vlad must find another team because get stuck here,because Poch don't want him anymore and he must think about his future ,because in this summer Spurs re-thinking the strategy and some players (including Vlad) are not on the list for the next season,if the interest of AS Roma is real he should sign with them in this summer.
...probably i must wait another 15 years until the next romanian player will come to play on WHL (i hope the new,modern arena will be done until then :)
i will stay to cheer for Lloris,Verts,Eriksen and Kane ,the last i like him very much ,will be the next striker of England (national team) soon... Mason is ok (Spurs"products") ,Bentaleb grow,i like Chadli ,Soldado must leave the team also ,i feel sorry for him ,many money wasted, spent on him goes on Tamisa river (30 millions euro:adeohshit:) at least 15 millions to come back in this summer (half of investment at least)

in this summer we need to keep -Lloris,Verts,Rose,Walker,Mason,Bentaleb,Townsend,Chadli,Eriksen,Dembele and Eriksen,not sure about Lamela ,but Poch is his countryman ,so ,big percentages for Lamela to continue.
Vlad,Paulinho,Adebayor,Soldado,Kaboul should find another teams.
:kaboul::paulinhofacepalm:

I can understand your and fellow Romanians frustration with Chiriches not playing at the Lane, and when he does, he doesn't to the level you expect him to. Probably this is much down to not playing enough, but he has come to Spurs at a time when there were too many incomings that didn't suit the club well, and we can simply not carry them all. At the time Iversen came to Spurs he was hugely rated and I was happy we signed him. After a while though, although he was alright at times, I didn't see him as a player that should be at Spurs and was very much in favour of him being sold on.
At the moment there aren't any Norwegians I would like at Spurs, beside the potential and unrealistic target of Ødegaard.

Agree with you on the list of departures. In addition to Vlad, Little Paul, Ade, Soldado and Kaboul I also expect Capoue to leave.

I can understand your and fellow Romanians frustration with Chiriches not playing at the Lane, and when he does, he doesn't to the level you expect him to. Probably this is much down to not playing enough, but he has come to Spurs at a time when there were too many incomings that didn't suit the club well, and we can simply not carry them all. At the time Iversen came to Spurs he was hugely rated and I was happy we signed him. After a while though, although he was alright at times, I didn't see him as a player that should be at Spurs and was very much in favour of him being sold on.
At the moment there aren't any Norwegians I would like at Spurs, beside the potential and unrealistic target of Ødegaard.

Agree with you on the list of departures. In addition to Vlad, Little Paul, Ade, Soldado and Kaboul I also expect Capoue to leave.
he said in that interview that he and Poch don't think the same they are not on the same page ,Poch use him as RB ,and he don't like that ,he wants what he know to do ,to play just as CB role...anyway being argentinian manager ,he play with Fazio,is normal to play with your countrymen (Fazio and Lamela catch the first 11) ,think about Lamela last season how much he played ? just few games under AVB and Tim Sherwood command,with Poch he is a starter in many games.
you must understand that Vlad is a starter in the national team ,and the manager Anghel Iordanescu make pressure on him to play otherwise...will lose the place in the first 11 of Romania,it's not so simple for Vlad ,is more under pressure than in the last season.

he said in that interview that he and Poch don't think the same they are not on the same page ,Poch use him as RB ,and he don't like that ,he wants what he know to do ,to play just as CB role...anyway being argentinian manager ,he play with Fazio,is normal to play with your countrymen (Fazio and Lamela catch the first 11) ,think about Lamela last season how much he played ? just few games under AVB and Tim Sherwood command,with Poch he is a starter in many games.
you must understand that Vlad is a starter in the national team ,and the manager Anghel Iordanescu make pressure on him to play otherwise...will lose the place in the first 11 of Romania,it's not so simple for Vlad ,is more under pressure than in the last season.
There is no way that he is better then Eric Dier. I don't even think that he's better then Fazio. Chiriches is ridiculously error prone.

There is no way that he is better then Eric Dier. I don't even think that he's better then Fazio. Chiriches is ridiculously error prone.
you're wrong ,vlad is at 40-50% of his normal potential ,i'm sorry that don't find some links with his matches from the national team or Steaua period where he was awesome in every match,another status there (starter in first 11) and other strategy of playing than in England,he don't settle on RB place where Poch put him to play,and for me Vlad don't settle well in english league like i thought 1 year ago (first half of season 2013-2014 was good for Spurs when make pair with Dawson as CB) then start troubles.
i catch highlights
Vlad his best moment in Steaua-Ajax 2-0 where he played all the matches in that season as CB -left side :
skip to 05:15 of this video

Last edited:

Just try to imagine if Vlad would have been in Dier's or Walker place when Chel$$ea scored in the FA Cup final. Tell me what kind of a meltdown some of the posters here would display...
Double standards anyone? :avbfu:

Just try to imagine if Vlad would have been in Dier's or Walker place when Chel$$ea scored in the FA Cup final. Tell me what kind of a meltdown some of the posters here would display...
Well the reason for that is that those players have earned themselves the benefit of the doubt. Every time vlad plays in the cb position he makes at least one horrific mistake. If kanas misses a sitter he will get very little stick if sold ado does everyone will be onto him. Thats not double standards.

you're wrong ,vlad is at 40-50% of his normal potential ,i'm sorry that don't find some links with his matches from the national team or Steaua period where he was awesome in every match,another status there (starter in first 11) and other strategy of playing than in England,he don't settle on RB place where Poch put him to play,and for me Vlad don't settle well in english league like i thought 1 year ago (first half of season 2013-2014 was good for Spurs when make pair with Dawson as CB) then start troubles.
i catch highlights
Vlad his best moment in Steaua-Ajax 2-0 where he played all the matches in that season as CB -left side :
skip to 05:15 of this video

Look I'm not saying he can't score a screamer but can you seriously say that he's a better defender the dier or vertonghen

Well the reason for that is that those players have earned themselves the benefit of the doubt. Every time vlad plays in the cb position he makes at least one horrific mistake. If kanas misses a sitter he will get very little stick if sold ado does everyone will be onto him. Thats not double standards.

But exactly double standards it is. The same mistake should get the same punishment. "By the law"
Here we like a player or other and when "our" player makes a mistake we forgive him; when the same thing happens to someone else ... ooups, double standards.
And what "horrific mistake" has Vlad done in the Fiorentina game? What's the definition of a horrific mistake? You like Dier more than Vlad? That's ok, no problem with that, so does Poch... for now.
We can't know for sure that X player is better than Y. But we can have the courtesy of saying "imho".

But exactly double standards it is. The same mistake should get the same punishment. "By the law"
Here we like a player or other and when "our" player makes a mistake we forgive him; when the same thing happens to someone else ... ooups, double standards.
And what "horrific mistake" has Vlad done in the Fiorentina game? What's the definition of a horrific mistake? You like Dier more than Vlad? That's ok, no problem with that, so does Poch... for now.
We can't know for sure that X player is better than Y. But we can have the courtesy of saying "imho".
He was playing as Rb thats why I specified cb

Just try to imagine if Vlad would have been in Dier's or Walker place when Chel$$ea scored in the FA Cup final or in the Manchester Utd match. Tell me what kind of a meltdown some of the posters here would display...

Edited for conformity and remembering for some...

finally ,i was unable to enter in this forum and to post something for ...2 weeks ,problems with this site,looks today the situation is changed now,have another else the same problem? the net works well ,but i found difficulties to enter in this site...
about the player,Vlad said that is not happy with his current situation at the club because he don't play,the player was called to play for the next international match ,vs Faroer Islands ,in this sunday...but he looks unhappy when was interviewed here by the press...the same press said that in this summer he could move to Fenerbahce ,just IF the turkish club will sign Mircea Lucescu(Shakhtar Donetsk) ,their target as manager in this summer ,because the situation of war in Ukraine,could make a change for the celebre romanian manager.

today,in Bucharest, 2 days before Romania-Faroer Islands (Qualifications Euro 2016)
Gardos (Southampton) and Chiriches (Spurs) will be our CB's in this match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom