Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy birthday to Vlad Chiriches,25 years old, accomplished today.
celebrating at work,Romania-N.Ireland ,as starter (centre back-right) ,confirmed his presence in the pitch some minutes ago in the press from here.

Half Time:
Romania-Northern Ireland 0-0

Vlad Chiriches was close to score from the penalty area in the first 10 minutes with a “bycicle kick” ,really ,don’t kidding!
He played well first half to very well overall ( i give him 8 points from 10) ,8/10 until now.

Romania won possession, failed many chances to score ,while N.Ireland is dangerous on counter-attack ,with Lafferty ,their striker,close to score in the min 45.

the second half:
1-0! for Romania,Papp (right back) open the score min 73 ,and again his another goal ,min 79 ,2-0 !!!

Chiriches was a beauty beast tonight ,very perfect match ,really! ,he won all the problems ,on his birthday. i hope Poch will see this match to change his mind and give him a chance to play in the incoming match for Spurs...he shine ,at his best match until now.

final score Romania-Northern Ireland 2 - 0 ,2 goals of Papp ,right back ,man of the match ,Chiriches the second like valor in this match ,equal with Sanmartean ,the playmaker of Romania.

Romania is the new leader of this Group stage,N.Ireland the second in ranking ,Hungary the third ,Greece lost shameful home 0-1 with Faroe Islands !!! :)

Last edited:
Chiriches roar of the tiger ,very good tonight ,almost perfect,looks really in form and determination ,way better than 1 month ago:
641503-romania_zpsd5c9d6fe.jpg

pics of him:
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/...-grupei-f-438542-galerie-foto-pic-641486.html

on his birthday he shine all 90 minutes, could be his birthday in every match of Spurs? please God??? i give him 9,5 points from 10 ... 9,5/10 tonight,this was evolution of a true champion,at his finest, Lafferty was blocked totally in the second half by Chiriches.

Last edited:
Vlad was one from the best players of Romania in the pitch in the victory 2-0 v. N.Ireland ,and made an interview after the match ,regarding at Tottenham he said:

despre situaţia de la Tottenham

"Gîndul meu e să rămîn tot la Tottenham, trebuie să arăt că sînt un jucător valoros. Sper să primesc şansa să demonstrez ce valoare am".

“My thought is to remain at Tottenham,I must show that I’m a good (valuable) player. I hope to receive the chance to prove what skillful I am!”

Yes, he played well. The Irish strikers tried to 'rough' him up, I think this is what he's been struggling with in England since he got his face smashed in. He recovered ok got that mask and a couple of weeks after taking it off someone (we were playing at WHL) whacked him again I remember and he had to go off because his nose was bleeding again. Ever since then it's like a switch has been flicked and he's been a scared rabbit. I'm sure it's a mental thing because technically he has shown he's a good player.

Vlad sent "arrows" and a message to Pochettino after the match with N.Ireland,looking determined:

After the match ,in that interview for tv in a studio was asked by reporter:

“You recover morale and play very well every time when you play for the national team,why you have a difficult time at Spurs being currently reserve,you think to change the team to play for another?”

“I’m glad that for the national team i playing well,I thinking to play for Spurs also,I feel I’m ready to do so ,and I want to receive the chance to play in the first eleven,to prove (show) everyone what player I am”

Given how shit our defence is, he may well get a chance soon. We desperately need to find a solid partnership at the back. Playing NI is one thing; playing decent sides is completely another.

Given how shit our defence is, he may well get a chance soon. We desperately need to find a solid partnership at the back. Playing NI is one thing; playing decent sides is completely another.
always i said he will shine with Vertonghen as partners in defence (CB) ,surprise is that they never played together until now,i don't know why ,both are latins ,continental style of playing ,,yes Verts is superior in aerial duels,both are good with the ball at their feet,technically speaking...Chiriches was punished enough after that match with Besiktas,1 month out from the pitch is too much...time to get in again in the pitch,because the player looks like recover form and it's a pity for Poch to keep him always on the bench

He needs regular football, at PL level

My worry with loaning him out is he'll miss getting to grips with the system and might struggle to fit back into it

The thing is, Poch will see him in training every day, will see him playing with Verts, Fatsio and Kaboul... and will see his attitude and behaviour in and around the club. There will probably be fair reasons why he's not playing.

Funny stuff (off-topic)

In Bucharest was for almost 3 days around 800-1000 fans from N.Ireland ,they fallen in love about what they said “cheap” prices for beers in our pubs (a quality beer here cost around 1 euro –the bottle ,or 1,5 euro to 2 euro (draft) and that in the downtown of Bucharest,because far away from the downtown ,in normal stores ,you will find (hypermarket or supermarket) same beers at low costs (0,5 euro – a bottle) and 1 euro (draft beer)

So ,they “occupy” some pubs from the Old City,area of our capital,and they stay 2 days in a row ,drinking and singing and eating,an owner of a pub said that he must ordered another dozens barrels of beers ,because he said “the irishmen are like locusts” they erase everything…what has taste of beer…for the satisfaction of the owners of those pubs.

Question: what price is in UK about a beer (a bottle or draft) normal beer in a pub?
i'm just curious about that :)

Sanmaertean looked like a genius last night. Best player on the pitch by a long way,shame he is already 34.
Sanmartean the playmaker of Romania and Steaua Bucharest,"San Martian",our "The Old Messi" ,at 34 years old ,pity ...too late...if it was 10 years younger ,it was a "definite purchase for Barcelona or Real Madrid, he possess the finest dribbling in his feet,it's written in his blood,talented from nature. (he played in Europe for Panathinaikos and FC Utrecht)

Funny stuff (off-topic)

In Bucharest was for almost 3 days around 800-1000 fans from N.Ireland ,they fallen in love about what they said “cheap” prices for beers in our pubs (a quality beer here cost around 1 euro –the bottle ,or 1,5 euro to 2 euro (draft) and that in the downtown of Bucharest,because far away from the downtown ,in normal stores ,you will find (hypermarket or supermarket) same beers at low costs (0,5 euro – a bottle) and 1 euro (draft beer)

So ,they “occupy” some pubs from the Old City,area of our capital,and they stay 2 days in a row ,drinking and singing and eating,an owner of a pub said that he must ordered another dozens barrels of beers ,because he said “the irishmen are like locusts” they erase everything…what has taste of beer…for the satisfaction of the owners of those pubs.

Question: what price is in UK about a beer (a bottle or draft) normal beer in a pub?
i'm just curious about that :)

It depends on where you go but you can get bottled or draught beer for about £3- 3.50 here.

It depends on where you go but you can get bottled or draught beer for about £3- 3.50 here.
1£ = 5,6 Ron (romanian currency) that mean 3£ = 16,8 Ron
1 bottle of beer here is 5 Ron ...that mean here in the same amount of money you will drink 3 beers ,almost 4, instead one in a UK pub.
now i understand them!that's why they was happy... they drink how much they could ,Romania looks "El Dorado" thinking at beers for the british citizens.:adegrin2:

Last edited:

For London add a quid to that if it's anywhere near a trendy area or a start up / pop up bar selling locally brewed organic beers infused with thyme and rosemary (yep, I saw that on the menu in Bethnal Green!) £4.90 a bottle for something brewed round the corner. Fucking joke!

Back
Top Bottom