Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First half,Romania-Hungary 1-0

Chiriches received applauses in the first half ,determined,he play as right back,without mistakes ,some clearances made right ,advancing few times in the opponent area ,why the hell is not the same at Spurs ,it’s an enigma…ok ,hungarians made just defensive role ,parking the bus ,they expect to make a draw ,or a lucky counter-attack…romanian players constantly attacking , in the first half ,well,we see what’s happening in the second half.
GOAL ROMANIA !!!! MIN.45 : 1-0 ,Rusescu scoring after Rat cross from the left

to mention that Hungary opened the score first ,in the 42 minute after a freekick (their only chance to score until now) but was OFFSIDE! the scottish referee,Collum,cancel their goal right,2 minutes later ,1-0 for Romania,that's football...

The Second half:
Hungarian players renounced at their defensive intentions ,and start to attack more ,min.65 still 1-0 for Romania
*** min.70 goal canceled right for Romania ,still 1-0
hungarian players have the ball possession in the second half,Romania stayed more in defense ,they equalize 1-1 in the min 82 after a freekick ,Dszudszak ,last 15 minutes very bad playing for Romania,Hungary close to make 2-1
***very bad the second half of us,Hungary deserved their point won here ,the match end 1-1.
Chiriches just the first half well,the second half so and so, all the team made a step back trying to defend this 1-0 and was punished in the end...

Last edited:
Romania - Hungary 1-1 (1-0)
Chiriches played as right back ,good in the first half ,the second half ,entire team fallen down in fit ,last 20 minutes was awful,close even to lose the match
Chiriches i give a rank of 7 from 10 in the first half and 5,5 from 10 in the second half ,so overall= 6,25 /10
637301-rom-ung_zpsf4dcb04e.jpg

Last edited:
today,in Helsinki,(19.45 Hour London Time),Finland-Romania,the press here said that Chiriches could play as right centre back (RCB),after he played all 90 minutes ,3 days ago with Hungary as right back (RB),more infos later...

Finland-Romania:
yes, official ,Chiriches start as centre back (right) and he will play with Grigore (Toulouse player) as partners in the system 4-2-3-1 of Romania ,and Luchin as right back,replacing Chiriches (where he played 3 days ago in 1-1 home v.Hungary)

****Half Time ,Finland - Romania 0-0
Chiriches, 8 points from 10,secure,he made a perfect tackle in the box in min 35,looking more well in fit in the first half,waiting for the second half...

*** The second half:
min 53 ,Romania opened the score 1-0 !.the striker ,Bogdan Stancu ,with the head after a corner kick
"" min 56,Finland in 10 men! Ring -red card

2-0 for Romania min 82! Stancu made the double! our victory is certain! Chiriches without problems in defense until now!

Final score ,Finland-Romania 0-2 (0-0).
Chiriches the same 8 points from 10 in the second half,overall 8/10,played very well ,as right centre back in this evening,many tackles and clearances during the game,superior in fit than 3 days ago, he played both matches of Romania ,all 90 minutes each, looking good in shape.

Chiriches happy in Finland:
2165905_w2_zpsd3de3f2d.jpg

Last edited:
The press from here is sure that Chiriches will be sell in this winter pause,or at least loaned to another club if the offer is not enough good for Spurs board, Spurs wants at least 10 millions euro ,almost the same investment made in his transfer in the summer 2013, AS Roma offer 6 millions this summer 2014 ,Spurs rejected the offer considered not good enough,this is the only reason why Chiriches stayed here also this season,the player know from this summer that he is not a first option player for Pochettino (who transfer Fazio and Dier),just maybe as reserve ,and that explain why he’s not involved (determined) anymore like 1 year ago,thinking to the next transfer where have more chances to play in the first team…being a shy person ,he don’t make many friends in the squad ,just Dawson,Sandro,and Holtby was his close friends (this season not one of them are Spurs players) being absent many times and unhappy…looking unsettled in the present for the Premier League level (footbalistic speaking) not in privat life,where he said many times that he and his wife are happy in London...

Dan D, please don't leave if Vlad is sold (like many burger-munchers did when Dempsey was booted) - you're a good poster

Dan D, please don't leave if Vlad is sold (like many burger-munchers did when Dempsey was booted) - you're a good poster
I don't leave anywhere!
MAN,I SAID MANY TIMES that Spurs are my favorite team from Premier League,I’m 37 years old man,watching Spurs matches (many,not all of course ,depend on my free time ) since 1994 !!! (yes “the connection” was made by Ilie Dumitrescu and Gheorghe Popescu,big names in romanian football at the time) …just remembered in 1994 wasn’t internet here or PC ,stream net wasn’t invented in 1994 ,when the english first league results I find them in the next day,buying the sport tabloid from here to stay at a table and a coffee time,reading anxious(Gazeta Sporturilor) to find what the Ilie and Popescu does a day before in the english league with Spurs,that was “my connection” with Spurs ,from the distance ,many matches wasn’t on TV at the time here from England ,just read on sport tabloids, the highlights of the Spurs match (Klinsmann,Teddy Sheringham,Dumitrescu,Popescu stars at that time ,manager Osvaldo Ardilles),unfortunately they stayed on WHL just 1 year,same think like many players ,english football is hard and many leave the league even after 1 year ,unsettled…time passing since then, and in “internet” era everything is more easy now…

It is known that romanian players are grown in another style to play ,continental football ,keeping the ball many time at the feet ,dribbling, THE BALL DOWN AT THE FEET,one-twos,aerial duels are absent many time of the game here,sometime in slow tempo ,possession,and english style ,”kick and run” and all the match in speed ,is hard to adapt if you are not power in fitness and stamina…

I thought,1 year ago, Vlad Chiriches will have a chance to do more than previous romanian players,but I feel that he is now on the dead road,and that because Spurs changed 3 managers in just 1 year, AVB transferred him and he play many matches under AVB command with Dawson as CB (15 matches in a row in Premier League,most of the matches he played well and very well) but after Tim Sherwood “mini reign” everything is changed,now looks like he’s not a favorite player of Pochettino,he have another strategy,and Vlad is considered a second option ,a reserve, he lost the morale and was unhappy at that match with Besiktas,made a bad match,I think for his own good to leave the team and find another team to play more…at his age 24 ,plenty of time to grow like player…even for me was a surprise when he move in Premier League,a competition where romanian players don’t adapt well ,many play more well in Italy and Spain –happy destinations in the past with more success, achievements.

Dan Petrescu,the exception from this rule= (Chelsea ,1995-2000, was the only romanian player who was a success playing in England ,he stayed 5 years in a row ,being even now a great name to be remembered by Chelsea fans)

Cristian Chivu – Inter Milano (2007-2012) champion of Europe in 2010 ,and in Italy 5 years in a row as starter in the first 11 of Inter.
Gheorghe Hagi (Real Madrid) and Popescu (Barcelona)
Raducioiu – AC Milan all in the 90’s etc
Adrian Mutu was a failure in England (Chelsea 2003),he moved then after a scandal (cocaine) in Italy (for Fiorentina and here was a true name in italian league,becoming a star for Fiorentina,playing there 5 seasons in a row with success and many many goals ,like striker in Serie A.

for me a happy destination for a romanian player,one who is talented ,not anyone, is Italy
Looks like AS Roma is interested in Chiriches in the present ,i hope he will find his "karma" there and to be like Chivu,at least...

Last edited:
funny face of Chiriches in this photo and surprising stats of him,despite he's not a favorite player of Pochettino for this season.

and other news,Chiriches received a call from the new manager of the national team,Anghel Iordanescu,to be present for the incoming match in the preliminaries Euro 2016 v. Northern Ireland ,in Bucharest (14th November)

Dan D Dan D

sorry dan, have no more patience for this bloke..takes it too easy when on ball, makes really stupid mistakes which leads to goals, positioning sucks and lets be honest his attitude is shit..
of course I will support him to an extent as long as he wears the shirt but wouldn't mind him fucking off to Italy sometime soon..

over 2 days ,Romania - Northern Ireland in the preliminaries Euro 2014,the press here said that will be the first 11 of Romania

Tătăruşanu - Papp, Chiricheş, Dr. Grigore, Sepsi - Pintilii, Hoban - Torje, Chipciu, Sînmărtean - Keşeru.

so,Chiricheş will play as centre back (right) from the first minute.

You know what. I'd almost be willing to give him a run out at RB instead of Dier with Naughton out. Dier's performance against Newcastle and in general has been on the decline (he is young and played out of position after all). Vlad loves to run with the ball, is relatively quick, and can't be any more out of position than Rose/Dier often are.

You know what. I'd almost be willing to give him a run out at RB instead of Dier with Naughton out. Dier's performance against Newcastle and in general has been on the decline (he is young and played out of position after all). Vlad loves to run with the ball, is relatively quick, and can't be any more out of position than Rose/Dier often are.
Poch will decide this ,not us ,it's clear that from all our current CB,just Chiriches and Dier could play as RB,Kaboul -no, Fazio -no ,Vertonghen -could play as LB ,but not as RB,considering that natural RB,Walker and Naughton missing

Back
Top Bottom