Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vlad Chiriches has earned a reputation for having a go at his team-mates - despite the fact that it's usually him at fault - but never quite like this.

The Romanian defender, who has made an error-strewn start to life at current club Tottenham, showed his sensitive side after a horrifying mishap in training.

Chiriches was in training with Romania ahead of the friendly against Hungary later this week when he blasted a long-range shot at full power - estimated at 100mph - that accidentally caught Dorin Goian right in the head at near point-blank range.

Goian had no chance to react: the ball smashed him straight in the face, and left him holding his ear in pain.

So bad was the agony that he was taken to hospital for check-ups. Thankfully the damage was nothing serious.

http://www.sport.ro/video/get-video...embed/1/article_category_url_identifier/EMBED

Vlad Chiriches has earned a reputation for having a go at his team-mates - despite the fact that it's usually him at fault - but never quite like this.

The Romanian defender, who has made an error-strewn start to life at current club Tottenham, showed his sensitive side after a horrifying mishap in training.

Chiriches was in training with Romania ahead of the friendly against Hungary later this week when he blasted a long-range shot at full power - estimated at 100mph - that accidentally caught Dorin Goian right in the head at near point-blank range.

Goian had no chance to react: the ball smashed him straight in the face, and left him holding his ear in pain.

So bad was the agony that he was taken to hospital for check-ups. Thankfully the damage was nothing serious.

http://www.sport.ro/video/get-video...embed/1/article_category_url_identifier/EMBED
Dorin Goian is the centre back of Asteras Tripoli ,the next Spurs fixture in Europa League,to make a joke, Chiriches kicking hard in the ear with that ball to remind him that he don’t have a chance with Spurs! Ha ha ha:bae: … ,ok, it was an unfortunate situation,Chiriches look nervous,definitely not a good situation right now ,probable some crisis for him,depend on him how will be back in form or to play like in the last season ,at least,otherwise,if he continue to make bad matches ,a departure is near…of course ,Spurs board and the manager have the final decision,the player said in many interviews that he feel well in London,but in football,nobody could predict the future what will be…

The press here say that Chiriches could play as right back (RB) this match,because on this place is a problem ,Tamas ,played on this place with Greece previous match but now is injured missing for 6 months,last time when Chiriches played here,right back, in an official match was vs. France (0-0) home in 2011 (preliminaries Euro 2012),also chnces to play RB have also Luchin (Steaua player) probability now 50-50%,will see Saturday who will play as right back ,Chiriches or Luchin.

Today interview with Chiriches for ProSport here:

(i made highlights just for part with Spurs ,was other questions about Romania,his childhood,where he met first time his present wife etc ,not so important for me):

Q: Last time when you played as right back was this summer ,in a friendly game with Algeria,but without success on this place in that match (1-2 the result)
A: In deed ,I don’t feel very well on that place (RB),but if the manager considering that I must play there ,I will do my best there…(tomorrow vs Hungary)

Q: You settled (adapted) well in England?
A: It’s hard to live in a foreign country,I’ll try to do so,I’m glad that I was accepted by the group (team mates),I will try to do my best for my team…

Q: Are you affected by the last critics in the recent period at Tottenham?
A: I’m the first one who make critics on me,I know when I made something wrong,don’t playing well,I will try to work much more to regain my strenghts to be on a high level soon.

Q: You felt for a second being discriminated in England because are you foreigner (romanian)?
A: No,I don’t felt something wrong about me, isolated or such,anyway in our squad are many foreigners,so,it’s nothing about that (non sense)... i'm an introverted person (shy,reserved),that's me,maybe others don't liked me,i feel well on my skin,i don't try to change to be other person...maybe to improve more to open dialogues,talks,for example i stay (activ) on Instagram,but i don't stay all the day on phone...

Last edited:
Can't say I feel great about Vlad at the moment but I will say in his favor that after the Liverpool game I thought Kaboul was done. Kaboul had easily as bad a game as Vlad did except we were losing by enough that he never made a decisive mistake. Since then, Kaboul has massively bounced back. Chiriches showed he had ability last season, he could recover from this.

I'll still be bricking it next time he is in the lineup though.

Can't say I feel great about Vlad at the moment but I will say in his favor that after the Liverpool game I thought Kaboul was done. Kaboul had easily as bad a game as Vlad did except we were losing by enough that he never made a decisive mistake. Since then, Kaboul has massively bounced back. Chiriches showed he had ability last season, he could recover from this.

I'll still be bricking it next time he is in the lineup though.
He grew up without father In his childhood ,was just his mother to take care of him,so ,could be an explanation for his “shy attitude” sometime looking like unsettled, i live in Pitesti ,a quiet city almost all of the time,a city near Bucharest (110 km away),I was in the capitale for 4 years with business (studies) living there for a period of time,Jesus, was huge that for me in the beginning ,the capitale is big ,a lot of noise,and the people always on rush running from there to there,in the end of the day I felt tired many times,like I worked in the undeground ,searching for coal 24 hours without pause … that was here in my country ,imagine to live far away for your country ,with strangers with other traditions and new rules in everything,all the social aspects and stuff,new language …for some people that’s hard,need time to settle…or not.

Last edited:
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/...436224-galerie-foto-pic-637168.html#poza_mare
Tips for who like to bet football,about Romania-Hungary:
http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/qualif.../match=2013861/prematch/background/index.html

Warm match today in Bucharest (17.00 hour – London Time) between Romania and Hungary ,3.000 hungarian ultras (extremists more likely not normal fans) arrived in Romania ,some pics ,nazy flag wear by them ,imagine what will this evening here ,50.000 romanian fans and 3.000 hungarians (all tickets sold out) ,possible confrontations before the match in the streets,our “visitors” wants to make an “impression”-how mighty are they”

It’s a harsh rivalry between our countries ,since WW1,Hungary wants territorial claims (half of Transylvannia) ,in the present they act for an autonomy in the middle of Romania (3 districts are 90% huns majority ,total 40 districts in Romania)

For those who don’t know,Romania inside the borders have a population of 20.000.000 while 87% are native romanians (around 17.000.000), and like minorities ;6,5% are hungarians around (1.500.000) and gypsies (2,5%-3% ,around 600.000 to 700.000) the rest of 4% are germans,serbs,ukrainians,italians, and other minorities in very small percentages…

So, in social life and in football always a match between us have more meanings than a normal match of football,and is the same incendiary atmosphere inside the stadium (doesn’t matter where in Bucharest or Budapest) like Tottenham with Woolwich but in football ,or a match Germany-England,just that here is more worse…possible suspended stadium of Romania tonight are chances 50% that the next match to be with closed doors (Romania-Northern Ireland in this november) I hope to not be suspended ,but hungarian fans (more likely extremists disguised) made problems in the previous match ,a 1 year ago in Bucharest downtown attacking local citizens for nothing,then fights between ultras,many injuries,and inside the stadium before the match start…the result was 3-0 for us in 2013.

About the team ,Chiriches could play as right back ,say the press ,some problems on this place ,Tamas played right back with Greece (1-0 for us there) but gets injury ,6 months out of the pitch,so the manager Piturca will use him here,but also Luchin could play here,in this situation ,Chiriches will play right centre back. Chances 50-50% ,but is certain that Chiriches will play ,not sure in what place yet, RB or RCB.

Our first striker ,Marica, is injured he will not play all the rest of matches this year ,he’s out (so ,who like to bet for this match don’t take Marica as scorer ,because now is in Germany for a surgery operation…attention here! Some bet houses cheating on you put him on the list to score,impossible!) he will be replaced as striker by Bogdan Stancu (play in Turkey)
Probable Romania team:
-----------Tatarusanu-----------
-Chiriches—Goian—Grigore—Rat
------------Pintilii—Hoban-----------
-Chipciu---Sanmartean----Maxim
-----------Rusescu--------------

The odds for Romania-Hungary: “1” = 70%
“X” = 20%
“2” = 10%

First matchday of this group stage: Greece-Romania 0-1.
Hungary-Northern Ireland 1-2.
Faroe Islands – Finland 1-3.

Matchday 2 tonight: Romania-Hungary,Finland-Greece,Northern Ireland-Faroe.

Last edited:
Go Vlad give it to them and recover some confidence in yourself!
The problem is that he don’t like to play here (RB) it’s not his natural place, now it’s a case of emergency ,all our right backs are injured or suspended (Tamas and Matel) ,so Chiriches played some matches here in the past ,but don’t have skills here,with Hungary I hope to not have problems,but In Premier League will be eaten alive there (RB) by the fast opponent wings.

Thanks Dan.

What kind of DM's do you have? Its a shame nobody has played him there since he's been at Spurs.
sorry,but Chiriches is not a solution as DM at the national team,because the places are occupied for the moment,he is considered as CB (RIGHT CENTRE BACK HERE) ,despite this match he play as RB (emergency situation)

Back
Top Bottom