Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.gsp.ro/international/str...ce-spune-despre-meciul-cu-ungaria-435724.html
Chiriches interview in the romanian media ,he admit that is not in form in the present (DigiSport)
“Is not a problem that i played few games until now. I’m not ready on fit 100%. I came after a worst injury,and I did not played well.I know that.I will work hard to get over this moment.

I know me very well ,and i know that i will return in form and with success soon.”
About being criticized by Spurs fans:
“I know what they think when I play bad,but when i will play a good match for me,all bad things will be forgotten”

Very bad match from Vlad, something is wrong there.
But if it is to take the "coming back from injury - not 100% fit yet" statement for granted, something doesn't add up IMO.
For me he had a constant decreasing level of play all the way from the Limassol game to his awful display in the game vs Besiktas. Normally his game would improve in time but this isn't happening so the question is why?
I don't have the answer but I can think of some:
- maybe he is forced to play so his injury is worsening
- maybe Pochettino is trying to make him play in a manner that doesn't suit him/takes time to learn
- both of the above

But if it is to take the "coming back from injury - not 100% fit yet" statement for granted, something doesn't add up IMO.
For me he had a constant decreasing level of play all the way from the Limassol game to his awful display in the game vs Besiktas. Normally his game would improve in time but this isn't happening so the question is why?
- maybe Pochettino is trying to make him play in a manner that doesn't suit him/takes time to learn
- both of the above

Ummmm, perhaps he's just really crap !!

I really believed this is a big season for Tottenham Hotspur football club. We can't allow a player who clearly is at rock bottom ( for whatever reason) to derail us moving forward. Vlad now IMO is a liability and we should not allow him anywhere near an 11.

... we should not allow him anywhere near an 11.

This sounds ambiguous.
If you say to rest him that would go in agreement with what I just said, he may perform from bad to worse because of being forced to play in spite of his injury:

- both of the above

But from another post of you I know you wanted him sold for charity so "not allow him anywhere near an 11" is an improvement :freund:

I really believed this is a big season for Tottenham Hotspur football club. We can't allow a player who clearly is at rock bottom ( for whatever reason) to derail us moving forward. Vlad now IMO is a liability and we should not allow him anywhere near an 11.
Yep, needs to turn out in the U21s for a bit to get his fitness, form and confidence back.

- both of the above
For sure, in this moment is not what we know about him,his level is that from the last season (first half of the season 2013-2014 especially when he made a good impression,and like his best match was that against Man Utd,away match 2-1 for Spurs,when official he was choosen man of the match),perhaps we must wait a little now,more patience,and him to fix his current low form,probable not in proper fit for Premier matches,so,is necessary 2-3 weeks pause for him to increase his level of playing,good that will be 2 weeks pause for national team matches in Europe,he is in the squad for the matches vs. Hungary (home) and Finland (away), but a little mistery around him even here if he will play in the first 11 (I believe he will play one match from this 2 matches as starter,depend on manager in which match he will play) …I want to play home vs Hungary in an very warm atmosphere,where over 50.000 romanian fans will be 100% with our team ,is like Tottenham –Woolwich, an ancestral rivalry between Romania-Hungary in all aspects –social ,sport ,everything ,a good match for him and a victory for our side,can be unlocked him mentally in the good way,because I believe this is his weakness in this moment – THE MORALE…

Last edited:
Whatever his issues are, I hope he gets through it.

I dont want him starting any games until he gets his shit together, but the worst thing we can do is hound him when he plays. Something seems way off there.

I fear a repeat of the monstrous way Dean Richards (RIP YIDDO) was treated, and how the reasons for his form came back to kick us all in the face.

This sounds ambiguous.
If you say to rest him that would go in agreement with what I just said, he may perform from bad to worse because of being forced to play in spite of his injury:

But from another post of you I know you wanted him sold for charity so "not allow him anywhere near an 11" is an improvement :freund:
I didn't want to repeat myself. By saying - Not allowing him near an 11 , i was being kind. What im really saying is get rid.

To make a joke ,you know all that I WILL COPY all the negative comments in the present toward Vlad, later ,if he will return in form ,I will stick in your heads back with all these comments…
let remind you all about Lamela last season ,what was here on forum about him ,he should blow up his brains if he read those comments in the past and now everybody seems to praise him...
I KNOW THAT the fans make weddings when are victories and funerals when the team lose, so quick...
today you play well everybody is:freundgoal: ,3 days later you must hide somewhere when you play bad the next match…:paulinhofacepalm:

To make a joke ,you know all that I WILL COPY all the negative comments in the present toward Vlad, later ,if he will return in form ,I will stick in your heads back with all these comments…
let remind you all about Lamela last season ,what was here on forum about him ,he should blow up his brains if he read those comments in the past and now everybody seems to praise him...
I KNOW THAT the fans make weddings when are victories and funerals when the team lose, so quick...
today you play well everybody is:freundgoal: ,3 days later you must hide somewhere when you play bad the next match…:paulinhofacepalm:

Dan D starting his own golden folder....good skills Dan

Also the romanian media (sport tabloids) criticized Vlad for his poor form,the only man who defend him in this moment is the manager of the national team ,Victor Piturca,saying yesterday that “…every player have such bad moments during a career,important is how to recover quick after that, you seen the last match of Tottenham? Even Kaboul mistaken badly 2-3 times ,but he was luck to not concede a goal ,like was Chiriches with Besiktas (unlucky)…”

My personal opinion is that Piturca wants to prepare Chiriches mentally more well for the incoming match with Hungary (Saturday,17.00 hour-London Time),despite everybody seen that Chiriches is not in form,but maybe a good match of him v. Hungary and with a good atmosphere made by our fans,a victory,could change a little I hope or more the behaviour of Chiriches (is a type of player of morale,that mean when he have a good match ,next matches are the same,and when he play bad a match,next matches could be the same…) so,a good atmosphere inside our national team with 2 victories expected vs Hungary (home) and Finland (away)…will see then the next period of Chiriches what will be with him at Tottenham…I believe he will play as starter one from these 2 matches,probable he will play with Hungary this saturday.

Booed by the own fans at every touch of the ball is not a solution,because the player suffering,it’s visible that in the last 2 matches he played insecure ,and he continue in making errors…

Victor Piturca (Romania manager) conference press:

“ He made some mistakes,it is normal to do sometime,no need to make a big drama on this,or to send the player to wall”. I don’t care what Chiriches did at Tottenham! For me is important that he play well at the national team.”

Back
Top Bottom