Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is Kane is not really a 9 but an old fashioned 10, a real number 10 like Sheringham or Rooney.

Hopefully if Janssen is playing it frees Kane to play off him and link with him which I feel will benefit Kane. Obviously that means dropping either Eriksen or Alli but that's up to those players to show their worth.

Thing is Kane is not really a 9 but an old fashioned 10, a real number 10 like Sheringham or Rooney.

Hopefully if Janssen is playing it frees Kane to play off him and link with him which I feel will benefit Kane. Obviously that means dropping either Eriksen or Alli but that's up to those players to show their worth.
I really think Dele should be moved down to cm

Made a big difference with his energy, as the team seemed rather lethargic up until that point. As much as I don't like to see Dier being taken off, it was the right move against an Everton team just sitting back and playing the counter.

Made a big difference with his energy, as the team seemed rather lethargic up until that point. As much as I don't like to see Dier being taken off, it was the right move against an Everton team just sitting back and playing the counter.

Should have happened far sooner. I remember Totti and myself saying it needed to happen in the 30th min, waiting until 60-65 was poor management. Could have won the game if brought on earlier, but content with the draw.

on yesterdays showing either could have been dropped no problem

Should have happened far sooner. I remember Totti and myself saying it needed to happen in the 30th min, waiting until 60-65 was poor management. Could have won the game if brought on earlier, but content with the draw.
Think it's a bit hyper critical to say it was poor management. 60th min is a pretty early sub and shows he was intent on going for the win.

Plus u have to factor in having to use a sub on Lloris around the 30 min mark.

His pass to Dele when he skied it was great, he looked up and picked him out on the edge of the area, fantastic quick vision. I really think we've got a shit hit prospect here. He's more physical than Kane which allows him to bring others into the game whole he holds the ball up and he has great vision and seems unselfish. Brilliant.

Thought he had a good game today.

I know we all have a laugh and say how he's going to be the new Soldado after his miss today and after Stekelebergs world class save against him at Everton etc but I feel he offers us so much more.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him start behind Kane. The guy is ridiculously strong and I think dropping him after today's performance sends the wrong message. Eriksen should be the one dropped for Alli next week.

Keep it up Janssen!

Thought he had a good game today.

I know we all have a laugh and say how he's going to be the new Soldado after his miss today and after Stekelebergs world class save against him at Everton etc but I feel he offers us so much more.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him start behind Kane. The guy is ridiculously strong and I think dropping him after today's performance sends the wrong message. Eriksen should be the one dropped for Alli next week.

Keep it up Janssen!
Ha... bloke behind me in The Paxton KEPT on comparing him to Soldado... which was a cheap shot if I'm honest...
I think he offers more than that.
Just not today... but it will come.
His miss was pretty Soldadion though!

I'm not a big fan of playing him and Kane together at home, but I like the way he holds the ball up. He's constantly harassing and chasing down defenders, his passing is good, but his finishing let him down today. Once he gets his first, I'm sure he'll finish like he's done for AZ and Holland.

Vincent Janssen is 'proper English', says Tottenham team-mate Christian Eriksen

Vincent Janssen is 'proper English', says Tottenham team-mate Christian Eriksen

Christian Eriksen says Tottenham's new signing Vincent Janssen is "proper English" and perfectly suited to life in the Premier League.

Janssen joined Spurs in an £18.5m deal from AZ Alkmaar earlier this summer after scoring 31 goals in 49 appearances in Dutch football last season.

promo292601934

Watch all 27 of Janssen's Eredivisie goals from last season in 100 seconds.
The 22-year-old is yet to open his account for Spurs but looked dangerous playing alongside Harry Kane in Saturday's 1-0 win over Crystal Palace at White Hart Lane.

Eriksen fully expects the Dutchman to thrive in English football and believes it is only a matter of time before Janssen starts scoring.

victor-wanyama-harry-kane-tottenham_3768745.jpg

Janssen played alongside Harry Kane during Tottenham's 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace
"With Vincent, he's something different - even though he's from Holland, he's proper English," said Eriksen.

"He loves to tackle, he loves to battle and he loves to play football. Of course it's the beginning for him, he wants to show everyone that he can play football and he's done that.

Janssen can rise to PL test
Janssen's former coach tells Sky Sports why the striker will rise to the challenge at Spurs

"For him it's about getting his confidence and with a bit of luck he'll be scoring."

Janssen is widely expected to provide back-up this season for regular first-choice striker Kane, who has scored over 20 goals in each of the last two Premier League seasons.

christian-eriksen-tottenham_3764535.jpg

Eriksen believes Janssen is perfectly suited to English football
However, Eriksen believes Saturday's victory shows the two centre-forwards can also work well together, despite being a similar style of player.

"Harry didn't play like a proper striker - this time, at least. It was like one holding and one big striker. I think there was a good connection between them," Eriksen said.

mauricio-pochettino-vincent-janssen-tottenham_3742798.jpg

The 22-year-old Dutchman joined Spurs from AZ Alkmaar earlier this summer
"Vincent took some big hits for the team with all the hustle and bustle up front which I think made it a bit easier for Harry because normally it's him that's doing all the battling."

Back
Top Bottom