Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unbelievable. He's been the best CM in the Premier League this season yet has gotten half the acclaim Kante's received.

Indeed. He's not fashionable, that's the problem. You could pick the 50 most used pundits on the telly and not one would have him in their season eleven. Doesn't change the fact that he's been as good as Kanté in my opinion. He's an absolute monster.

In some ways, I think he goes unnoticed/under-appreciated by pundits because he does his job so well.

As someone on the pod (I think?) said; you see him going into a challenge against an opponent in midfield and are completely relaxed in the knowledge that he'll come away with the ball.

Wanyama isn't doing last ditch tackles or fancy shite, he's doing what he's tasked with doing and getting the ball to our more creative players.

In some ways, I think he goes unnoticed/under-appreciated by pundits because he does his job so well.

As someone on the pod (I think?) said; you see him going into a challenge against an opponent in midfield and are completely relaxed in the knowledge that he'll come away with the ball.

Wanyama isn't doing last ditch tackles or fancy shite, he's doing what he's tasked with doing and getting the ball to our more creative players.

I remember when I used to play rugby (I know ) against a team with Fijians in it, and as soon as they see someone who had the "egg" they would be running towards them and getting it no matter what , reminded me of a bull running towards a matador! Any way they always got the "egg" no matter what, kinda reminds me of Wanyama this season, except it's football of course, but just the fact he is such a beast and when he sees the ball it's his, and no matter who hasn't it he is getting it! :wanyama:

I have no idea if you guys can see Football Today, but the episode today has the big interview with Wanyama and it's really good. I would link it if I could, but I don't know where to find it.

Indeed. He's not fashionable, that's the problem. You could pick the 50 most used pundits on the telly and not one would have him in their season eleven. Doesn't change the fact that he's been as good as Kanté in my opinion. He's an absolute monster.

I am a big fan of Kante, but did he get a sniff when Chelsea came to the lane?

Love him. So consistent & reliable. Probably a 8 out of 10 nearly every game.
He must be in our top 3 in terms of minutes on the pitch for us this season.
Still not been sent off for us yet, which a lot of us feared!

Yes, he had a habit of getting booked in the first 5-10 minutes which made me feel nervous. He seems to have charmed the refs in the last few games. Clever old Victor.

He's missed 38 minutes of league football for us. Most minutes on the pitch for us ahead of Eriksen.

Everyone seems to forget him when they talk about our transfers last summer. It's probably because he fits so well into the team.
I was watching an interview with Alli where his choice for 'moment to travel back to in time' was "Eric Dier's first goal for Spurs - because he doesn't score much".
:allitongue:

Made me realise that of course he wasn't there to see it because he's only really been with us since the start of last season. That feels mental.

All this worshipping of Kante is well over the top for me. He is a great player but what does he do that Wanyama doesn't already do? Our Vic is better with the ball at his feet.
If we were ten points clear at the top of the league then wanyama would be getting all the praise
Just how it works sadly

We meet again.

626227824.jpg

I know Sonny scored a hat trick on Sunday, but Vic was my MOTM, he was everywhere - think there were three blades of grass that he didn't cover! Wonderful player, fantastic acquisition, brilliant fit for our team.

Back
Top Bottom