Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, smiley hunt initiated...

352634_1.jpg

wanyama.jpg

1946979698.jpg

All class...

Victor Wanyama has posted a heartfelt goodbye message toSouthampton fans following his move to Tottenham.

Speaking on his website, he said: “I write to you with a heavy heart to announce that I will be leaving Southampton Football Club. As you can imagine it is very emotional for me to say goodbye to the club that gave me the chance to be the first Kenyan to play in Premier League.

“Firstly, I would like to thank the most important part of every club, the fans. I want to reassure you that any “quotes” you have read about in the media before my move was announced are false. I would never disrespect you by talking to the media before I have talked to you guys.

“It took a while for me to win you all over but I can truly say that with your support and affection I have grown as a player and a person….We are nothing without you. I will never forget my time in Southampton Football Club, I will keep club forever in my heart.”

So Benteleb is pretty much gone?
I presume Nabil will move into the number 8 spot considering his youth career he played further forward and he still has plenty of space to grow, he was one of the shining lights the season before last and if he gets working hard again, I reckon he will have a bigger part to play this season, I can see it being the end for Carrol and/or Mason however

I presume Nabil will move into the number 8 spot considering his youth career he played further forward and he still has plenty of space to grow, he was one of the shining lights the season before last and if he gets working hard again, I reckon he will have a bigger part to play this season, I can see it being the end for Carrol and/or Mason however
It may well be that Bentaleb can now flourish if he's freed from the shackles of filling in at CDM, as you're saying.

Rotating him with Dembele could give him a second wind with us.
(Though I do hope the ITK about his attitude wasn't accurate)

It may well be that Bentaleb can now flourish if he's freed from the shackles of filling in at CDM, as you're saying.

Rotating him with Dembele could give him a second wind with us.
(Though I do hope the ITK about his attitude wasn't accurate)

It could indeed.

Anyone seen any news on Bentaleb (and Eriksen) potentially going to the Olympics? If you're correct in the above, having Bentaleb away for the first few matches would be a real blow.

Also means - if he's going to the Olympics - that we'll hear something sooner rather than later if we're looking to sell, as he'll surely not want to be in Rio while trying to find a new club.

I hadn't really seen much of him until Saints played us at the end of last season and we were desperate for a win. I thought he was immense in that game.

Back
Top Bottom