VdV ITK Momentum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But he kissed the badge!

I can't see this myself. He seems to genuinely enjoy playing for us. If we don't get Champions League again though, I guess he will have his "head turned" as well.

Quiet news day clearly. If we were to sell him we'd make a considerable profit, I'd imagine he thinks this is his last hurrah as he'll be 29 next season.

I agree with Case that he seems to love playing for us and he'll fight for his place.

A Man U fan I know met him in an airport over the summer and got speaking to him. He asked him if there was any chance he would go to United and he said 'no, no chance of that'
Not becasue he didnt want to but becuase he knew it would not happen. He said he would join Man U "in a heartbeat, any player would."
So basically, dont ever think any player would stay with us out of pure loyalty. Dem days are gone.

he needs to cut the sulking out as its a team game.

for me no player is bigger than the club, i think to be honest he does think he is.

still like him though and when he is up for it he is a cut above pretty much everyone in the prem.

he's not said anything to suggest he's sulking or thinking that he's bigger than the club, unless there's some comments I missed?

Dru said:
A Man U fan I know met him in an airport over the summer and got speaking to him. He asked him if there was any chance he would go to United and he said 'no, no chance of that'
Not becasue he didnt want to but becuase he knew it would not happen. He said he would join Man U "in a heartbeat, any player would."
So basically, dont ever think any player would stay with us out of pure loyalty. Dem days are gone.

It was he himself who said that when leaving Madrid any other club other than United would be a 'step down.' Just so happened that we were the only club that came in for him at the time and we had Champions League to offer. I do think Rafa loves us though, he's always 100% committed in each game and you can see the way he celebrates with the fans that he's happy here. That's not to say he won't leave but I don't think he's in the same boat as Modric, not for the moment anyway.

Could happen. He enjoys playing for us that's for sure but he aint going to settle for sitting on the bench (which is what he will have to do at the moment i think).

Thelonious Filth said:
he's not said anything to suggest he's sulking or thinking that he's bigger than the club, unless there's some comments I missed?

nah i dont mean quotes, i mean in general, like the europa debacle - not his decision and when he says things like foreskin head should of consulted him, well to be fair no he doesn't have to consult you. do what we pay you to do and just play when we ask.

yes it's good he wants to play but it's not down to him at the end of the day. and sometimes i dont really like his body language, you can tell when he's got the hump.

but i'm not going to knock him too much, i'd rather have him than not, and as i said before on his day he can be amazing.

"only people who are loyal are the fans"

how many times do fans want a player who give 100% but "are not good enough to take us to the next level" - Defoe is shit we need X player.

Fans are the same as players regarding loyalty absolutly none. we are always looking to improve our squad - Players are always looking to improve the team they play for.

Players would have seen their team mates / friends moved on because they are not good enough, so why would they be loyal to a club they can see have no loyalty to players.

you get the point.

that is a really good point, however the difference i believe between us and the players is one thing - money.

we PAY a lot of money to show our support to the cause, they get paid an obcene amount of money to if we're honest with ourselves live the life. the least they could do is care regardless of what goes on around them.

but i do take your point.

I don't get your point.

Are you saying that to be loyal to Tottenham you have to be loyal to every player that ever plays? Not sure I understand that sentiment. If I'm not loyal to Modric, I'm not loyal to Tottenham?

No player bigger than the club lad.

dashmore said:
I don't get your point.

Are you saying that to be loyal to Tottenham you have to be loyal to every player that ever plays? Not sure I understand that sentiment. If I'm not loyal to Modric, I'm not loyal to Tottenham?

No player bigger than the club lad.
saved me having to post the same, based on that logic we should be having a protest outside White Hart Lane for selling Hutton and loaning out Jenas.

Dru said:

I think the problem here is that almost everyone is from a different country and their loyalty is definitely not with their current team. Be it Modric or Fabergas. At the end of they day they want money and trophies and they will go where they can get it.

It is a different story when you have an English player playing for the team he grew up supporting, he is more likely to want to play for the shirt than the money.. (my take on it.)

Statesidespur said:
Dru said:

I think the problem here is that almost everyone is from a different country and their loyalty is definitely not with their current team. Be it Modric or Fabergas. At the end of they day they want money and trophies and they will go where they can get it.

It is a different story when you have an English player playing for the team he grew up supporting, he is more likely to want to play for the shirt than the money.. (my take on it.)
Judas completely invalidates that point I'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom