Up For Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're beginning to get a better idea of who the figures in Cain Hoy are, as well as some of the characters in their possible purchase of Tottenham Hotspur. This doesn't mean Cain Hoy will even submit a bid for the team, let alone be successful, and we still don't have enough information to know whether it would be good for the club if the American group did buy Spurs, but we're getting a bit closer.

According to the Telegraph, the man leading the Cain Hoy approach is Jonathan Goldstein, who was born in London and has been a lifelong Tottenham fan. In addition, Todd Boehly is one of the three founders of Cain Hoy, and Boehly is the president of the Guggenheim Capital group that bought the Los Angeles Dodgers for a record $2 billion, so there is someone in the group with experience putting together sporting purchases.

Odds are that Goldstein and Boehly will lead the way in Cain Hoy's pursuit of Spurs, whether it ends in a purchase or Cain Hoy deciding not to buy. Henry Silverman is chief executive of the firm, but it is likely that he will be the one who oversees it all and either gives a thumbs up or thumbs down, more than leading negotiations with current Spurs owners ENIC or sorting out the details.

Cain Hoy has confirmed that they are interested in buying Spurs, and it would not be a surprise if ENIC (the company owned by Joe Lewis, who is essentially the owner) looks to sell the team. Lewis has always looked at Tottenham has a business investment and if Cain Hoy are willing to pay enough to make a suitable return on his investment, he will likely sell.

While Cain Hoy sort out whether they want to bid, and whether it makes sense to meet Lewis £1 billion price tag -- assuming that number is correct -- the next date to keep in mind is October 10. That is the deadline for Cain Hoy to either make a firm bid for the club or pull out.

There are still a lot of questions about Cain Hoy and Spurs' possible sale, but the information is starting to come together. Cain Hoy may or may not be a good potential owner, that's still unclear. But the presence of Goldstein and Boehly does appear to be a positive, and make the possibility of Cain Hoy buying a little more likely.

Whoever these guys are, they plainly have a bit of cash.
Apparently, Spurs are suspicious of Cain Hoy’s interest, believing it to be a publicity stunt, particularly because no investors in their right mind would want to buy the club when serious issues continue to surround the Northumberland Park Project.
So, are we still to believe the serious issues surrounding the Norhtumberland Park Project center around this little metal works shop set up in `95 with a staff of 20. Or is it now safe to say that Levy, Lewis and the rest of their cohorts never really had any intention of overseeing our much needed new stadium after all. Is it just possible that their intention when taking over was simply lubing the club and the area up so they could sell for maximum profit when the time was right. Whoever they sell to, and they will sell, one things for sure, the best interests Tottenham Hotspur FC, will not be particularly high on their agenda. ENIC = self serving cunts

I could live with Cain Hoy. They seem to be reasonable business men with a solid long term plan and not people rushing the club to the top with money we don't have...

One thing we don't need is for this to drag on for ever and a day. Whatever the outcome, would like to see the situation sorted out as quickly as the process allows.

I was told ( maybe my mate got it from another forum,no idea) that Lewis is pissed off with levy. He wants out

#probablyutterdrivel

So pissed off that he's decided to cut his losses and just accept £1bn for a quick deal....

No idea buddy , it's only hearsay but it's true but levy does ruffle feathers,small man syndrome , :D

For a man of Lewis's wealth, the whole Archway must be embarrassing. A real David v Goliath but levy the "master negotiator" is failing . The council bobbins is also frustrating . I'd wager that Lewis though " oh fuck it! I'm done with this shite!" & then tickled his cat & pressed the button to make the bridge collapse over the shark pool.

MHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No idea buddy , it's only hearsay but it's true but levy does ruffle feathers,small man syndrome , :D

For a man of Lewis's wealth, the whole Archway must be embarrassing. A real David v Goliath but levy the "master negotiator" is failing . The council bobbins is also frustrating . I'd wager that Lewis though " oh fuck it! I'm done with this shite!" & then tickled his cat & pressed the button to make the bridge collapse over the shark pool.

MHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You should have super imposed levys head over the cats.

I could live with Cain Hoy. They seem to be reasonable business men with a solid long term plan and not people rushing the club to the top with money we don't have...
Cain Hoy, a company I imagine 99% of people had never heard of before, have independently expressed an interest, with it entirely feasible they are doing so in order to 'promote' another nearby project - and yet we are able to already decide that they will be 'good' owners and won't come with the negatives that ENIC do.

Cain Hoy - an INVESTMENT company, will definitely be better than ENIC - an INVESTMENT company.

I can see the logic.

Back
Top Bottom