Up For Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think people get hung up on the investment group moniker and the fact they are American and think they will just be in it for profit. But if you look at what Fenway Sports Group (a sports investment company) has done at Liverpool
I guess the FSG comparison doesn't work perfectly for me for two reasons: 1. FSG is clearly mostly Henry and, to a lesser extent, Werner. I'm still not sure where the Cabin Boy money is coming from, and it's unclear what the relationship to the Guggenheims is.

2. (Relatedly) FSG has a track record with the Red Sox, who are a supremely well-oiled machine. They took over a club that was playing in a small, 90 year old ballpark with tiny, uncomfortable seats and managed to turn it into a gold mine. *No one* felt, during the 90s, that the Red Sox could make money by staying in Fenway. Yet Henry, Werner, and Lucchino managed to preside over a streak of 820 consecutive sold out games.

If we are to be bought, sold, merged, requesting vast investment I just want one thing to happen, and that is for the stadium to go ahead. I'm quite content with the players we have, the coaching staff too, and want nothing more than to have a resolution to what has become an enormous albatross around our necks.

It might well be time that the critics of Levy/Lewis/ENIC are rubbing their hands together, of course there is always a caveat, please don't be the new Randy Lerner or Gillette and Hicks!

They should only be allowed to take over if they buy us a world class player every transfer window. The thought of levy packing his bits and bobs from his office into a box does amuse me though!

Regarding the re development of anfield............just remember, you can't polish a turd!

If we get new owners I can't see levy surviving. Sooner or later he'll have no one left to blame and the owners will tire. Pochettino could be in danger as well not many managers survive post buy out.

I guess the FSG comparison doesn't work perfectly for me for two reasons: 1. FSG is clearly mostly Henry and, to a lesser extent, Werner. I'm still not sure where the Cabin Boy money is coming from, and it's unclear what the relationship to the Guggenheims is.

2. (Relatedly) FSG has a track record with the Red Sox, who are a supremely well-oiled machine. They took over a club that was playing in a small, 90 year old ballpark with tiny, uncomfortable seats and managed to turn it into a gold mine. *No one* felt, during the 90s, that the Red Sox could make money by staying in Fenway. Yet Henry, Werner, and Lucchino managed to preside over a streak of 820 consecutive sold out games.
Cabin Boy

:kaboullol:

If we get new owners I can't see levy surviving. Sooner or later he'll have no one left to blame and the owners will tire. Pochettino could be in danger as well not many managers survive post buy out.

There's no way that I can see that levy will be there after the sale.

I really think this'll happen & think Enic / Lewis are fed up with it all, stadium etc . They are investors & levy loves real estate. It'll get done , I'm sure of it although I have no idea if it'll be good or not

Levy is Joe Lewis' buddy - he'll be leaving with ENIC for sure

The main guy at Cain Hoy is Jonathan Goldstein, he was previously Senior Partner at Olswang - they have been the clubs lawyers ever since ENIC took over.

I think there is a real possibility Levy will be kept on, and may even be orchestrating a sale of Joe Lewis' shares to a friendly face.

There's no way that I can see that levy will be there after the sale.

I really think this'll happen & think Enic / Lewis are fed up with it all, stadium etc . They are investors & levy loves real estate. It'll get done , I'm sure of it although I have no idea if it'll be good or not

Yeah they are fed up and are in no way looking to sell for a massive profit which was the intention all along.

I got the official words in the post this morning. If this were a bar pickup, they've looked at us from a distance, but not offered to buy us a drink yet.

It definitely wasn't meant to be an exact comparison just noting that not all investment firms are tight with money and soulless.

You're a Red Sox fan if I remember right so you'll know better than I do that FSG has done a great job with the Sox and I think they've been excellent at Liverpool barring the Suarez racism stuff. I couldn't believe that quote from Werner about turning down stadium sponsorship because the supporters weren't in favor of it. I could never imagine our board doing the same. Liverpool were fortunate to get them, luckily in Liverpool FSG don't own a local newspaper to plant rumors that their departing manager had a prescription pill issue

You're basing that assumption on the new owners being fans first and foremost, I'd wager Levy's reputation as a chairman is exceptionally good and any owners looking for an experienced man to run the club would not have many reservations over keeping him on.

Whoever these guys are, they plainly have a bit of cash.

The company interested in buying Spurs is set to fund a £400m development in Woolwich territory

Cain Hoy’s first push into the London market is a joint-venture to develop Islington Square, with work on the project, expected to finish in 2017, already underway according to City AM.

Last week, Cain Hoy announced their interest in buying Spurs, reportedly valued at £1bn by current owner Joe Lewis, but their interest was swiftly denied by the club, which claims talks with the group have solely been focussed on financing the new stadium.

Apparently, Spurs are suspicious of Cain Hoy’s interest, believing it to be a publicity stunt, particularly because no investors in their right mind would want to buy the club when serious issues continue to surround the Northumberland Park Project.

We’ll find out just out serious the group are in the next few weeks because under market rules Cain Hoy must submit a firm bid before 10 October.

Perhaps the Islington Square project has nothing to do with Cain Hoy’s apparent interest in Spurs (big investment groups have their fingers in many, many pies) but if they wanted to drum up interest in a major new project in North London, then declaring an interest in buying a football club in North London would certainly make sense…

Back
Top Bottom