umm left backs that would be nice

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol

I'm not sure which I'd rather not be at spurs:
  • Our last manager
  • The Chairman
  • A left back
Either way, they're treated like witches across this forum!

I saw nothing at left back today which was a concern, other than Vertonghen at LB doing his best impression of a kid asked to do the dishes (if I do it shit, they won't ask again....hmmm)

Need a left winger before left back, but I also do not disagree with this notion.

The OP was about us losing 4-0 because we need a left back though, which isn't the case.

We lost 4-0 because we don't have a team, we have 11 individuals on the field who happen to all wear white on occasion.

The OP was about us losing 4-0 because we need a left back though, which isn't the case.

We lost 4-0 because we don't have a team, we have 11 individuals on the field who happen to all wear white on occasion.

I agree that we have no team, but our left back situation was another direct cause of our loss today.

I agree that we have no team, but our left back situation was another direct cause of our loss today.

I don't agree, we didn't see their midfield destroying us down the left at any stage.
In fact, they offered little threat.

To suggest that Vertonghen's mistake is due to our left back situation (should you be suggesting that) is completely illogical.

Our problem isn't based on any single position, it is literally down to players being utter bell ends.

I'm not a professional or anywhere near, but even I know with my beer belly that it's a case of "if in doubt punt it out". Granted, our players should have reacted to help, but why the fuck did Vertonghen play it into the most dangerous area of the pitch against the most experienced striker in the Premier League?

The penalty & sending off was the turning point and the ref is just a cock for that, but the rest is down to character quite rightly, and not for the first time this season our players lubed up good and proper.

I don't agree, we didn't see their midfield destroying us down the left at any stage.
In fact, they offered little threat.

To suggest that Vertonghen's mistake is due to our left back situation (should you be suggesting that) is completely illogical.

Our problem isn't based on any single position, it is literally down to players being utter bell ends.

I'm not a professional or anywhere near, but even I know with my beer belly that it's a case of "if in doubt punt it out". Granted, our players should have reacted to help, but why the fuck did Vertonghen play it into the most dangerous area of the pitch against the most experienced striker in the Premier League?

The penalty & sending off was the turning point and the ref is just a cock for that, but the rest is down to character quite rightly, and not for the first time this season our players lubed up good and proper.

In your case of cause/effect, you don't go a) far enough back nor b) broad enough in consideration of causes. It's true our midfield was a direct root, as I've said several times on here already, but Vertonghen shouldn't be in that position. Of course I'm not saying the slip is his fault, but him not playing at CB was a cause for some of our initial problems.

Back
Top Bottom