U.S. to White Hart Lane on a budget

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you want no frills. Book your flight, stay in the travellodge in Enfield, drink tennets super and eat whoops! sandwiches.

This post has put my deliberating over a little jaunt down to London from Scotland into perspective and I went ahead and booked my tickets!

I always stay at people's homes for £20 a night when I travel over for a match. Find someone on AirBnB with a good rating and you'll have a great place to sleep.

Because of the chance of the March 19th match being moved to Sunday or Monday, I'm now looking at the home match vs Swansea on November 21st because I don't have classes the following week. Thanks for all the feedback!

Get the KAYAK app to help you find cheap flights, and the hostel world app to find the cheapest hostel. Grab an Oyster card when you get here and just get beer and food from tescos.
You can get hostels for less than £15 a night. Which id imagine you won't be spending much time in anyway. Or you could just sleep at heathrow. You could easily do it for less than £100 + ticket + flights.

So right now I have the total cost of the trip to around $1200 before taking in account buying a ticket for the match. Found a decent flight out of Chicago for $950, $50 for Oyster card, $200 allocated for food and beer for 3 days. I think I'm going to use the couch surfing site that someone earlier recommended.. That just leaves the ticket for the match.. What's the best way to get a ticket and how much should I expect to pay for a decent seat?

If you get a ticket try and get in the park lane (south stand lower) or the Shelf (east stand lower nearest to south stand).
Best atmospheres.

Also couch surfing is great, or get a room from airbnb. if you are factoring in travel about London don't stay too near to White hart lane as its not the nicest area. Shoredtich, Soho, Notting hill, camden are all fun places to stay for the tourists. I personally avoid them all except soho as I work right by it and I'm old and boring.

This is what I love about this site. Once you get past the swearing, macho posing and bitching, we really help each other out with sound advice and support.
Well done chaps, proud of you x

It would be difficult but maybe this one would be big enough to get you across the Atlantic

Ooooh they love lettuce & maybe buy him a mirror

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more info

Back
Top Bottom