1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by WindyCOYS, 20 Oct 2011.

1. Guido

• Like x 1
  2. Pochecinno

I don't know if this is the right place to post it and if it's been discussed before but I feel a lot of the youth players that we bring up are lacking in physicality and that is what they tend to struggle with when making the jump to the first team. Seeing young Harry Winks come out in the last few games it reminds me of Carroll, Pritchard, Onomah as well as others. They clearly have the talent and have impressed enough to earn the step up but size and strength doesn't appear to be on their side. I know they're still young but when you look at other young players currently in the first team squad - Dier, Alli and Kane - they have been able to cope because of their physical strength.

• Agree x 2
  3. Guido

Have to disagree. The most notable difference to Winks this year was just how up to speed he is physically. He hasn't looked out of place at all. As for Josh I think right now he is too aggressive, he is trying too hard and focussing on his strength rather than his football ability. Josh is know for his upper body strength. Never got to see Pritchard play any length of time in Prem so hard to make the comparison. Carroll is lightweight.

• Agree x 3
  4. Guido

5. Totti

Drink it in

I thought he went Chelsea?

6. Guido

He played 2 games that I know of for them. Strangely he must still of been under papers with us???

7. Ahab

He went to Chelsea, then Woolwich, now Palace apparently.
    Looks like Woolwich and Chelsea weren't overly impressed with the lad.
    I think he's another Tom Carrol myself. Nothing special.

• Like x 1
  8. Guido

Never saw him kick a ball. Only heard of him as there was a "fuss/hype" when he came to us.
    Heyho

9. eanN17

Supporter

Twitter:
    @eanN17
    He's basically the William Gallas of youth football!

• Funny x 1
  10. NorseYid

He is a good player, but under pressure he caves. You can clearly see, how his response to pressure in youth football has been his strenght and pace - which is nothing special at PL level.

IMHO kids like Onomah will find it much harder to adapt than kids like Winksy.

11. TottenhamAberdeen

Been drawn at home against either Stevenage or Charlton in the Fa Youth Cup 3rd Round.

• Like x 2
  12. Guido

• Like x 2
  13. brighty

One of the benefits of having the national team train at our world class facilities:

• Like x 1
  14. TottenhamAberdeen

The match will take place on Wednesday, November 30, at Stevenage’s Lamex Stadium. We remain the home team but we are using the Lamex Stadium to host the fixture, as we have done in the past for certain home matches in this competition.

Kick-off will be at 7pm.

Tickets cost £5 for adults and £2 for concessions and will be on sale in due course via Stevenage’s ticketing website. They will also be available on the turnstiles on the night.

15. Totti

Drink it in

Our u19s on the verge of losing to 10 man Monaco after going 0-1 up and knocked out of the UEFA Youth League.

16. DeeGee

U18's beat Southampton 6-2 Roles hat trick

17. WindyCOYS

The Fighting Cock

Twitter:
    @WindyCOYS
    And Shashoua with two goals and two assists.

Goals were all on Southampton's Twitter feed, which my TL for the RTs.

• Like x 1
  18. eanN17

Supporter

Twitter:
    @eanN17
    Roles and Shashoua look very exciting!

19. Colonel_K

Seems to be some shenanigans going on....

• Like x 1
  20. Guido

#3520 Guido, 30 Nov 2016
    Last edited: 30 Nov 2016
    Can't read the article as I am not a subscriber.

I appauld our tight lipped approach to all things from Stadium to players (targets to existing) even though there are frustrations that we experience as we are all thirsty for Tottenham stuff. Our silence though always means that the press have the opportunity to make-up or twist a story knowing that The Club will not come out and confirm or deny.

A knock on consequence of the above silence is a very recent story running about Tottenham being the only club not happy with Steve Holland working in the England set-up whilst working for Chelsea. During this story Tottenham have been painted as being "anti-Chelsea", unreasonable and all round bad guys. When you join the dots its not hard to see why we are unhappy with Holland, given that not only is he Southgate's assistant (and will be for for the "big" job), he is still Eng U21 assistant manager!! Who the bad guys now?

• Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Sin Bin' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be placed in the sin bin. More info