U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm sticking this in here, the wrong thread, why? Wishful thinking. As Poch's fingerprints are extended across all football parts of the club now, and reading his recent comments about emulating Barca youth academy and his recent comments on "respect" for players. This clip encapsulates what he means.

OK, I'm sticking this in here, the wrong thread, why? Wishful thinking. As Poch's fingerprints are extended across all football parts of the club now, and reading his recent comments about emulating Barca youth academy and his recent comments on "respect" for players. This clip encapsulates what he means.

That's really a brilliant watch, can't really describe it but I imagine everyone out there will carry this with them for along time, would love to see more of it in the real game

Why does one of the Barca lads keep patting players on the face? Has Danny Dyer taken up youth coaching?... I'm half expecting him to pull out a roll of notes and say "there there treacle, go buy yourself something nice"

Onomah & Walker-Peters in:
Cqx9xKxWAAAnD_2.jpg

I was at the Peterbourgh - Swindon game on Saturday and while McGee was on the bench, Oduwa came on for the last 10 or so minutes. He looked ok, but didn't strike me as knowing exactly where he should have been playing in the short time he was on. He seemed to be out wide on the right but there were a few times he and another player were making the same runs. I suppose it's to be expected though with only a couple of days training with them.

He also runs funny, oddly hunched over for some reason.

Uefa Youth League v Monaco at Hotspur Way 2pm.

Spurs U19s: Whiteman, Walker-Peters, Hinds, Marsh, Eyoma, Walkes, Edwards, Oakley-Boothe, Griffiths, Harrison, Shashoua.
Spurs U19s subs: Dinzeyi, Tracey, Roles, Stylianides, McDermott (GK), Oteh, Bennetts.

Goal to Monaco as Cardona's deflected shot sails past Whiteman. 0-1, 7mins.
GOAL! Shashoua works a shooting opportunity for himself inside a crowded Monaco area and fires in. 1-1, 25mins
Monaco regain the lead as Cardona sweeps in after being set up by Sylla. 1-2, 44mins.

Good finish for him - I liked Coulibaly, came with a sense of mystery about this "New Drogba" simply because he was from the Ivory Coast and had no characteristics of the former. Was pretty damn good from what I remember in the Youth European Cup thingy bob that Pritchard also ripped up.

Never moaned, always happy to just be playing football for a living and that's admirable.

If you want to see highlights of the U19 Monaco game you can here Identification | AS Monaco FC but you will have to register to view. Bare in mind it's Monaco highlights so lots of their bits but they did deserve their win and they had far more chances than us. Very, very quick on counter & cut us open numerous times especially down either flank, unfortunately KWP was torn a new one in this game, easily his worst performance in a Spurs shirt. Not all the Edwards dribbles are in here because it's a Monaco film but in 2nd half there are a couple to salivate over as they lead to opportunities. He was lively in the first 10mins of first half then on the ball a lot and highly influential in last 30mins of 2nd half. Their No. 9 (Cardona) was hugely impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom