U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Americans on here should be watching this game on either the NBCSN app, website, or t.v. to show that we'd be interested in watching our U21s play if they show again.

Has anyone noticed that the Academy section of the official website has disappeared. I was trying to check it three or four days ago and it just kept redirecting to the Development squad, as of 23:09 on 12 Jan 2015 its still redirecting. Wonder what's up. It can't just be something like the adding of Shilow Tracey's profile has they've added and subtracted profiles before without taking down the page. I wonder if they're going for a big redesign.

And the most overrated youngster we've had in our ranks in years has apparently rejected a new deal and could be on his way to giants Palermo or Sporting Gijon.

I only saw the second half but this was one of the worst halves I've seen from any of our development teams in recent seasons. Liverpool, with a pretty good mixture of experience and youth it has to be said (Enrique and Caulker as CB's) were utterly dominant until the last 10 minutes when Stewart the former Spurs kid got sent off. I know this group is a bit of a mash up and lacks the sparkle compared to the previous two generations (or one and a half - no Veljkovic, Carroll's, Bentaleb's, Onomah's, Winks, Kane of previous and Harrison still out) but more disappointing was how we were outworked and out pressed and were generally tactically so inferior to them.

I've been pretty unimpressed with most games I've seen of Ehiogu's U21's. I don't see much evidence of that good ethos that has flowed through most of our development teams of the last few seasons. That high tempo, good pressing, pass-move-pass-move stuff. You'd hope with Pochettino now overseeing everything the one thing he'd have all the development groups doing is playing the way he wants the first team to play and generally McDermott has overseen this ethos, way before Pochettino arrived.

I don't know if it's the players or the coaching - and I haven't seen much of the lower levels in the last 6 months - so don't know if this is going down through the academy - I hope not - but the U21's have looked pretty unimpressive of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom