U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised that Ricardo Moniz is currently Notts County Manager.
He won the double as manager of Red Bull Salzberg in Austria in his first season. Has had an up and down career since. I wonder if he'll ever return to Spurs as a wildcard first team manager. Could be interesting seeing as he was there at the start of the careers of some of the young players now in the first team.

Do our coaches still employ the Coerver method? Also, I wonder if the Coerver method with its prioritising technique over tactics, is what makes it harder for some of the players to follow the tactical instructions of Poch and previously AVB.

Thoughts WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

Coerver method

Because I had to look it up:

"The Coerver Method is a football coaching technique which Coerver created. By analysing videotapes of various great players including Pelé, he devised a new concept in football which advocates that skill could not only be inherent with the young players but could also be passed on in a comprehensive academic way. Under this technique, players progress in a structured manner, pyramidal, from basics of ball mastery to a tactically driven group attack. They would be exposed to the other essentials like Receiving and Passing, Moves (1v1), Speed and Lethal Finishing"

I just realised that Ricardo Moniz is currently Notts County Manager.
He won the double as manager of Red Bull Salzberg in Austria in his first season. Has had an up and down career since. I wonder if he'll ever return to Spurs as a wildcard first team manager. Could be interesting seeing as he was there at the start of the careers of some of the young players now in the first team.

Do our coaches still employ the Coerver method? Also, I wonder if the Coerver method with its prioritising technique over tactics, is what makes it harder for some of the players to follow the tactical instructions of Poch and previously AVB.

Thoughts WindyCOYS WindyCOYS
I gather that's the case - he indoctrinated the whole academy coaching staff. There's been some changeover since he left but I'm sure the ideas that they want to keep are still present.

I gather that's the case - he indoctrinated the whole academy coaching staff. There's been some changeover since he left but I'm sure the ideas that they want to keep are still present.

Could you foresee him ever coming back to manage us some day? Presuming he has some success in England under his belt.

Dominic Ball played the full 90 minutes, in a pishing wet match away to Ayr United last night. He looked a solid, unfussy centre half and was rarely troubled during the match. He was strong in the tackle and dominant in the air. I liked the way he was shouting/encouraging/organising his more senior team mates, even though he's just new to the team.

He best moment was in the second half: one of the Ayr attackers was bursting through the middle and had about a yard of a start on him. Ball used a bit of pace to catch up with him and jumped into a perfectly timed sliding tackle to stop the striker having a clear shot on goal.

Looks a decent addition so far, so will be interesting to see if he'll play v Hibs on Sunday instead of the usual centre half Rob Kiernan.

It was also interesting to note that he was given the number 6 squad number, which indicates that'll he'll be high up the pecking order when it comes to team selection.

Nice goal by Samuel Shashoua, good balance and finish. All in all, good performance it seems like against the club with the greatest academy in the history of the universe.

Nice equaliser from us, not seen Shashoua before.

I think only a few have. They say he's got really big feet and lives in the woods.

This is the only footage they've got of him, ever.
sasquatch_walking_away.jpg

Looks a mountain for his age! Glad he's with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom