U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Poch gives Ali a chance, keep him around the squad. Woolwich signed a very promising League One midfielder in Oxlade-Chamberlain and put him in and around the squad and he's a good player. Ali has shown much more potential and has similar physical attributes.
I'd actually rather see him go on loan and play every week than follow the path of Oxlade-Chamberlain because he hardly plays. I think Wenger is snuffing his career, he is a promising kid and has been for years but you couldn't say he has developed from the first time he kicked a ball for the first team to now. Both Walcott and glass ankle they don't looked to have developed at all too. I'd say they are all at the same level as when they first got picked.

I'd actually rather see him go on loan and play every week than follow the path of Oxlade-Chamberlain because he hardly plays. I think Wenger is snuffing his career, he is a promising kid and has been for years but you couldn't say he has developed from the first time he kicked a ball for the first team to now. Both Walcott and glass ankle they don't looked to have developed at all too. I'd say they are all at the same level as when they first got picked.

I think he'd get games under Poch though. I want Poch to have the players competitive to fight for places. Wenger is stubborn. If Ali deserves a start, he gets it. I think next year in all competitions he will make about 30+ appearences I imagine.

I'd much rather have Alli in the squad than Paulinho.

I see that Carter-Vickers, Pritchard and Alli were in the Telegraphs top 35 English prospects to look out for. Good to see.

When Josh gets noticed, it's going to be too late for the papers at this rate. He's got the potential to explode.

He seems to get great write ups from the likes of windy and he looked good in the few games I saw him in, is this guy supposed to be the best of all our young players?

Just for future reference, a list of some of the youth football tournaments we've previously attended, as well as when they are held:

January: Viareggio - Tuscany, Italy.
January: Nutifood Cup‏ - Vietnam.
February: Riga Cup (U16) - Latvia.
April: Spartak Cup (U17) - Moscow, Russia..
April: Torneo Internazionale - Bellizona, Switzerland.
April: Champions Trophy - Düsseldorf, Germany.
May: Tournoi de Football de Talence - Talence, France.
May: Le Tournoi International de Football de Monthey - Monthey, Switzerland.
May: Terborg Toernooi - Gelderland, Netherlands.
May: Volksbank Cup - Stemwede, Germany.
August: PSV Otten Cup - Eindhoven, Netherlands.
August: Santiago tournament, Spain.
August: Eurofoot - Oostduinkerke, Belgium.

There are a couple of U19 tournaments coming up:
14-17 May, 36th International Terborg Toernooi, Netherlands
21-25 May, Volksbank Cup - Stemwede, Germany.

10360466_10206703267040022_5116356281362391907_n.jpg

Oh wow, a lot of the boys back. Really glad to see Veljkovic back in particular. Don't know how he'll recover from somewhat of a lost season but with the exception of Pritchard I think he could be the most likely to play a legitimate role with the first team next season. Think some of the other big names will just be too young for next season.

With the exception of Carter-Vickers, Amos, and some of the really young guys like Edwards this team is probably the most complete reflection of our top prospects in one team since probably the beginning of the season. Lesniak and Miller are likely the only ones that don't project to get a shot in the first team.

Agree with you JDK JDK It's a very promising line-up indeed. As you say, especially with Milos back in the team from injury. A lot of promising players there, although still a very young team at this level.
That means that the result may not reflect the future hope we have in these players.

Agree with you JDK JDK It's a very promising line-up indeed. As you say, especially with Milos back in the team from injury. A lot of promising players there, although still a very young team at this level.
That means that the result may not reflect the future hope we have in these players.

Haven't played together for awhile either with Veljkovic injured, Oduwa on loan, Maghoma getting his 2nd (?) u21 start, and Harrison isn't an u21 regular either. Still very exciting to see so many of the best talents on the same team sheet.

Just to show the age of the team. Lesniak is the old one, 21 in May..

1994:
Filip Lesniak - born May 94

1995:
Luke McGee - born September 95
Milos Veljkovic* - born September 95

1996:
Connor Ogilvie - born February 96
Harry Winks - born February 96
Nathan Oduwa - born March 96
Willian Miller - born June 96

1997:
Christian Maghoma - born November 97
Kyle Walker Peters - born April 97
Joshua Onomah - born April 97
Shayon Harrison - born July 97

Just to show the age of the team. Lesniak is the old one, 21 in May..

1994:
Filip Lesniak - born May 94

1995:
Luke McGee - born September 95
Milos Veljkovic* - born September 95

1996:
Connor Ogilvie - born February 96
Harry Winks - born February 96
Nathan Oduwa - born March 96
Willian Miller - born June 96

1997:
Christian Maghoma - born November 97
Kyle Walker Peters - born April 97
Joshua Onomah - born April 97
Shayon Harrison - born July 97

Born in 94 and 21 in May? That's just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom