U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pritchard with some absolutely brillant passes in the last few minutes. Wow! Should have had at least one assist this game.

Then he goes on to totally mug two players by the sideline and weigh a perfect pass in a split second.

Some player he looks.

Edit: There he gets his assist! Well deserved.

Recently saw that Ruben Lameiras is/was on trial at a swedish club to join them on loan. Appears to be deadwood for us if I take a look at his age and statistics am I right? I stated lately that I thought he played very good last season, why has his development been so bad?

Recently saw that Ruben Lameiras is/was on trial at a swedish club to join them on loan. Appears to be deadwood for us if I take a look at his age and statistics am I right? I stated lately that I thought he played very good last season, why has his development been so bad?

Scored an absolute cracking goal for Åtvidaberg in their pre-season game few days ago. Looks like he will sign for them on loan. It's pretty much up to Spurs and Lameiras himself as Åtvidaberg has made clear that they have been very impressed and want him on loan.

Great stream for tonight! Will drop some of my own thoughts in here after the game if anyone is interested.

Southampton the better team so far but not really any clear cut chances either way. Southampton have a pretty experienced side out there with Bertrand playing and Gallagher, Reed, and McCarthy all having first team experience.

We're really struggle to hold the ball in our attacking third. Coulthirst offers nothing in terms of hold up play and I know Windy has bemoaned a lack of striker for u21s. I think we play false 9 most games. Winks and KWP the two best so far. Winks is similar to how Mason plays for the first team. Onomah has been great when on the ball but needs to get on it more I think.

Southampton the better team so far but not really any clear cut chances either way. Southampton have a pretty experienced side out there with Bertrand playing and Gallagher, Reed, and McCarthy all having first team experience.

We're really struggle to hold the ball in our attacking third. Coulthirst offers nothing in terms of hold up play and I know Windy has bemoaned a lack of striker for u21s. I think we play false 9 most games. Winks and KWP the two best so far. Winks is similar to how Mason plays for the first team. Onomah has been great when on the ball but needs to get on it more I think.
Certainly got abit better towards the end of the half and had a couple of half-chances

We were substantially better in the second half but still a bit stale in the final third. Our best chances came from two really nice shots from Walker-Peters and Winks but they were saved nicely. Windy reckons that in addition to our long-term striker issue that the squad also missed Oduwa who can create something from nothing.

McGee- 7. Flapped at a few crosses early but was fine after that. Very good distribution from him. Almost never knocks the ball long unless he absolutely has to. Extremely confident making tough passes out of the back.

Walker-Peters- 8.5. MOTM for me. He is quite the player. Carries the ball so smoothly and confident and is a great defensively as well. Hit an absolute rocket headed for the top corner that was unfortunately saved. He is my favorite player in the youth system besides Onomah but he is so skinny it makes me worry. Legs like twigs and not tall either. A lot of time in the weight room or a growth spurt and he's a guaranteed first teamer in a couple years. Definitely could be even without that.

Khumalo- LOL.

Carter-Vickers- 7.5. Solid and comfortable at the back. Rare to see a player of his size (5'11?) be so dominant in the air.

Ogilvie- 7. Windy really rates him and I've seen him play 4 or 5 times now and keep trying to figure out why he's so highly rated. But it dawned on me today I've never seen him make a mistake. Very stable player. More of a Davies than a Rose as a fullback.

Ward- 6.5. Did the dirty work shielding the back 4 very well. Gave away the ball in dangerous places a couple of times though.

Winks- 8. Second best after KWP. Does pretty much the exact stuff Mason does for the first team. Impressive player.

Lamieras- 6.5. Absolutely delightful to watch on the ball. So tricky and has so many moves. Never seems to find a dangerous pass or provide much end product though which is why I suspect he isn't considered to have too much of a future with the club.

Onomah- 7.5. Always great when on the ball. Big, powerful, skilled, graceful etc. Only complaint is that he is so good I wish he sought the ball more. Feels like there was portions of the game where he didn't touch the ball for like 5 minutes which is not ideal considering how influential he is.

Miller- 6.5. Funny player. Real small, not particular fast, doesn't look massively skilled but the ball always seems to find him and he makes something happen. You overlook him because it isn't always pretty but then you realize he keeps popping up in dangerous spots. Don't know what to make of his future.

Coulthirst- 5.5. Is a Jermain Defoe type striker. Looks dangerous when carrying the ball towards goal or running off the shoulders of the defense but is utterly worthless with his back to goal. Coulthirst is fast, quick and skilled but Defoe only succeeded despite being so limited because he was supremely talented. Unfortunately Coulthirst isn't blessed with that same ability. Ultimately it isn't his fault too much that he struggled tonight. With the amount of skill behind the striker they could really use a player that can hold up play and a Coulthirst is not that.

Ogilvie was brilliant for the U18s but seems to have regressed since his injury - has perhaps lost a bit of confidence in his body. I thought he had a poor game yesterday.

I thought Lameiras and Coulthirst were poor overall too and Miller not much better.

On the plus side, Walker-Peters was outstanding and Winks had a great game too.

Can't remember the last time Woolwich beat us at youth level. Tables really have turned in the last decade and there's people at the club that deserve a HUGE amount of credit for that. Really exciting times.

Can't remember the last time Woolwich beat us at youth level. Tables really have turned in the last decade and there's people at the club that deserve a HUGE amount of credit for that. Really exciting times.
Nice to also note that their legend Liam Brady appears to have been the architect of their demise at youth level. Shame they noticed he was shit and was sacked last year but fingers crossed his damage will take a few years to turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom