U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the latest U16 team squad there were a quite few Spurs boys as well:

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Taye Ashby-Hammond (Fulham), Matthew Yates (Derby)**

Defenders: Dujon Sterling (Chelsea), Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea), Ed Francis (Manchester City), Lewis Thompson (Manchester United), Jaden Brown (Tottenham Hotspur), Japhet Tanganga (Tottenham Hotspur), Vashon Neufville (West Ham United).

Midfielders: Mason Mount (Chelsea), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Sadou Diallo (Manchester City), Callum Slattery (Southampton), Anthony Scully (West Ham United).

Forwards: Martell Taylor-Crossdale (Chelsea), Tyrese Cambell (Man City), Okera Simmonds (Liverpool), Mackenzie Heaney (Newcastle United), Keanen Bennetts (Tottenham Hotspur), Jonathan Leko (West Bromwich Albion)

Interestingly Bennetts hasn't decided whether he will represent Germany or England yet. He has played for both youth teams and is very highly rated.

Sterling & Edwards in England U17 squad to play Holland today.
B9u3dwNIAAAiL85.jpg:large

They lost 7-0.

:eriksenlip:

Onto something totally different. Wasn't Musa Yahaya supposed to join us this month after signing a pre-contract?

The Tottenham Hotspur higher-ups are confident that Musa Yahaya will be issued a work permit when he signs professional terms in January 2016, which shows he is highly regarded by the Londoners.

''Musa will be 18 next year and Tottenham Hotspur are doing everything possible for him to play for the Under 21 team.

''They want to register him for that squad when he gets a work permit, and plan to feature him in the UEFA Youth League if they qualify for the competition. 'He is a gifted player, so we are not scared of him getting a work permit. I'm sure he'll do well at the African Youth Championship,'' he added.

The Flying Eagles star will earn approximately £150,000 per annum in the four-and-a-half - year deal he's expected to sign in the next fourteen months.

Article from November about him. Seems like WindyCOYS WindyCOYS was right about permit issues etc. Just need to wait for his Birthday.

I don't think anyone is doubting Man Utd had, at one point, the best academy in the country and one of the best in the world.

The way I understood the question was to mean at this exact moment in time. Taking everything in to account - facilities, coaching staff, current crop of youngsters ready to step up, academy graduates currently playing in our first team, the ability to effectively scout the really young talent (i.e. about 13 and under), our ability to tempt these players to join us (which is a result of the previous categories) - I'd say we, at this exact moment in time, have a better academy than Man Utd, and one of the top 2/3 in the country.

But United have loads of players from the Academy regularly getting first football. They just don't have any forwards but their youth players have done a better job defending and getting clean sheets than ours have.

Nice to see he is getting games, and playing well, but I am really struggling to see where he will fit into our current formation or line-up once this loan is up.

I can't see both Carroll and Pritchard being given a place in squad next season - especially with Dele Alli coming in. Would like to see one of them come back. Carroll is a very good tidy player, but if I had to chose between him and AP I think at the moment Pritchard effects games more (at a lower level granted).

Some tough decisions ahead.

I can't see both Carroll and Pritchard being given a place in squad next season - especially with Dele Alli coming in. Would like to see one of them come back. Carroll is a very good tidy player, but if I had to chose between him and AP I think at the moment Pritchard effects games more (at a lower level granted).

It's going to be an interesting pre season, actually looking forward the games.

Pritchard afaik is competing for a spot on the wings while Carroll is competing fkr a CDM spot. I dont get how one affects the other.

U18s beat Fulham 4-1 with Armani Daly getting a goal...I'm sure it was a stylish effort...I guess headline writers are really hoping this kid makes it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom