U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result! Also good to see El Lee back fit again and playing for West Ham. He's a mate from school and he has a big future in the game. He scored against our U21s last year and it was certainly bitter-sweet!

Worth noting, we are currently top of the U21 league. West Ham are bottom. And Woolwich are in Division 2 :adelol:

Isn't he Rob Lee's boy?

whatchatalkinabout.jpg

Hadn't seen this mentioned. Ball had been training with the first team and made a few benches, hopefully he'll make the best of his loan.

The USA has qualified for the U20 WC this summer, and in large part to Cameron Carter-Vickers. He really was fantastic throughout the entire tournament, despite being two to three years younger than most of the other players. In short, he's a lock to start for the US in the U20 WC.

Yes. Best footballer I've ever played with.

He's meant to be fairly highly rated at West Ham from what I've heard.

Either of you read the "Nowhere Men" by Michael Calvin? They talk about him in that whilst scouting a Chelsea v West Ham Academy match. I've just started it, and it's from April 2013 so not completely upto date. But that's what makes it even more impressive.

They've just started discussing, "Harry Kane. Who was excelling on loan at Millwall. The one doubt, about his pace at the highest level, was neutralised by memories of Teddy Sheringham, a player whose game intelligence compensated for a slight lack of speed."

This is the kind of reading material that WindyCOYS WindyCOYS salivates over.

Either of you read the "Nowhere Men" by Michael Calvin? They talk about him in that whilst scouting a Chelsea v West Ham Academy match. I've just started it, and it's from April 2013 so not completely upto date. But that's what makes it even more impressive.

They've just started discussing, "Harry Kane. Who was excelling on loan at Millwall. The one doubt, about his pace at the highest level, was neutralised by memories of Teddy Sheringham, a player whose game intelligence compensated for a slight lack of speed."

This is the kind of reading material that WindyCOYS WindyCOYS salivates over.
Several people have recommended this to me...

Several people have recommended this to me...

It's a great book. Focuses a lot on Brentford and other London clubs, good mix of insight and humour. A load of scouts were hypothesising how Levy needed to get himself down to the Academy and demand a return on his 10m investment as the coaches hadn't produced anyone since Livermore. :levywhoa:

Another scout was writing up a report on striker x who, "had the peripheral vision of a mole" :pochwtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom