U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, looking at WindyCOYS WindyCOYS , SpursLegend SpursLegend and the guys on here who know our youth team to answers a few questions

1. Who in your opinion will make it into the first team long term. I see Winks and Onomah playing in Turkey and Pritchard doing well on Loan, who are the new Harry Kane's of our team? - 1. Onomah 2. Carter-Vickers 3. Winks in my opinion. We also have the likes of Azzaoui, Edwards, Harrison, Oduwa, Walker-Peters and (left field choice this one) Anton Walkes who are all doing extremely well in the youth teams (Oduwa been injured this season, but was superb for 18s last year)

2. Will the youth team affect transfer policy. For example we lack striker of a high quality IMO (Not sure Ade or Bobby are the long term solutions), is there anyone great coming through or will we need to buy, and should we sell some excess first team players in certain areas to accomadate some of these young players (if they are off a very high talent)? - The majority of our biggest talents (i.e. that list above) are still very young. So for the next couple of years, I'm not convinced it will make a huge difference. But fast forward 5 years and we could be finding top talents ready to be first team regulars. It's not unreasonable whatsoever to suggest 8/9 people in our 25 man squad could be academy graduates by 2018/19 season.

3. How come we suddenly seem to have loads of talented young players, never used to be like this, is this luck or is our academy at Southampton level? - I'm only young myself, so only really got into the youth teams in the last couple of years, but those who have watched longer say it all changed about 5 years ago. A complete restructure. There was always going to be a timelag before we started seeing the benefits, but we are now at that stage, and it's great to see. I think it's a circular thing as well. If you have a great year or 2 of academy graduates (as we have had) you are more likely to attract the top talent from the very youngest age groups up (I'm talking as young as 10/11 here). 10 years ago, it was the standard for the brightest young talents to join Woolwich. However they are now without doubt the 3rd/4th most favoured team in London alone now (Chelsea, us, maybe West Ham). Part of the reason for Southampton's success is that they are the only big youth academy in the whole region. Anyone from the south coast will be attracted to Southampton with very little competition from around.

Cheers for that, interesting times really gald we have some talent in the youth team hope it works out well over the next few seasons.

What do you think of Pritchard, heard a lot of good thing about him and a few prem teams are looking to steal him off us?

With the first team underperforming it is very pleasing that the under 21's and under seem to be producing encouraging outcomes.
With Mason, Bentaleb and Kane shining this year we can be very grateful for the investment undertaken by THFC.
It has been great to read about windy's and other discuss more players coming thru, i would appreciate the thought of others on who from the coaching staff who could rise to first team action?
Watching the club roundup of games, i have been impressed with ugo - seems very clear in what he is expecting and i like the he speaks praise when praise due, not happy when not as expected. His mindset particularly on defense seems to benefit, could he do the same in years to come for our seniors?

(4-2-3-1)
McGee
Yedlin Dier Carter-Vickers Davies
Mason Bentaleb
Azzaoui Eriksen Pritchard
Kane
Subs: Carroll, Onomah, M.Edwards, Akindayini, Oduwa, Ogilvie, Veljkovic.

Hopefully all these players progress and turn into top players because the idea of having this squad 5 years down the line is the only thing keeping me sane at this current moment in time..

Went and saw Brentford play yesterday, Pritchard looked decent in flashes. Pretty hard to be harsh on him as Blackburn were intent on getting right on him every time he saw the ball but he was smart enough to get into some good spaces and be very dangerous. Got an assist from a shot/cross from inside the box for the 1st. Could see him being better suited to playing with higher quality. To be honest I'd have greater faith in him doing something for us off the bench than Paulinho or Dembele! Not predicting greatness or anything just think he should be recalled and used in rotation or off the bench

Absolutely kicked off at the end our game with USA. Like, properly kicked off. People going down all over the place, punches being thrown, benches running on the pitch! Ref blew for full time early.

The best I could get...

B5VoDdNIEAAgJj0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom