U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for future reference, a list of some of the youth football tournaments we've previously attended, as well as when they are held:

January: Viareggio - Tuscany, Italy.
January: Nutifood Cup‏ - Vietnam.
February: Riga Cup (U16) - Latvia.
April: Spartak Cup (U17) - Moscow, Russia..
April: Torneo Internazionale - Bellizona, Switzerland.
April: Champions Trophy - Düsseldorf, Germany.
May: Tournoi de Football de Talence - Talence, France.
May: Le Tournoi International de Football de Monthey - Monthey, Switzerland.
May: Terborg Toernooi - Gelderland, Netherlands.
May: Volksbank Cup - Stemwede, Germany.
August: PSV Otten Cup - Eindhoven, Netherlands.
August: Santiago tournament, Spain.
August: Eurofoot - Oostduinkerke, Belgium.

We're playing another youth tournament in Florida this month (17th to 21st).
http://www.imgacademy.com/events/2014-img-cup-boys-invitational/2014-participating-teams

USA Men's National Team U17
Tottenham Hotspur U18
Toluca F.C. U18
Stevenage F.C. U18
Brentford F.C. U18
Baltimore Celtic U18
IMG Academy U18 USSDA
Blackrock FC U18

Last edited:
Saw his first few games for us out in Germany in April and he was clearly extremely talented with the ball at his feet, but needed to work on his end product and linking up with team mates (understandable given he'd just signed for us!). He seems to have done that now and is flourishing. Scoring for fun in the U18s!

What a player he is! Stood out by a mile as best player on the park! He was aggressive, had a handbag moment didn't take a backwards step and stood his ground, plenty of pace with the ball at his feet he tore their defence apart at will, very strong with his back to goal, linking up well and three beautiful goals.

Carter-Vickers again was excellent as was Walker-Peters and Onomah.

We had a better side last season in my opinion. Oduwa,Winks,Ogville these players should be pushing for first team places in the very near future. However in Carter Vickers we have possibly the best young centre half in the country and in Onomah was have the best young central midfield player.

Azzaoui was great a little bit of the Cellebos about him,but those two are the best players in the side by a long way. They seemed almost contemptuous for the level they were playing at without being complacent.

In other news where the fuck was everyone ?

Beat Barnet U18s 6-2 today in a training match.

Loft 2, Edwards 2, Sterling and Elney the scorers.

Elney is the American striker training with us (apparently not a trial). Pablo Pelaez also played.

Elney is the American striker training with us (apparently not a trial). Pablo Pelaez also played.

I heard something about this WindyCOYS WindyCOYS . If he's not come for a trial, presumably that rules out any intention of signing him. So why come all the way from America to train with us (if it was a local kid I could understand)?

However in Carter Vickers we have possibly the best young centre half in the country?
So glad others are seeing the talent in him now! He has been nothing short of sensational for a year now at U18 level. Obviously a loooooong way to go, but he's incredibly talented.

I think last season's team would beat this season's in a hypothetical match, but I think there are more talents in this team, which for me is more exciting. But all the major talents are younger, which is why they'd lose to last year's team (whose main talents were almost all 18).

CCV, Onomah, Edwards, Azzaoui, KWP, Harrison - none of them are 18 (or even close - oldest is KWP, 18 in April)

We had a better side last season in my opinion. Oduwa,Winks,Ogville these players should be pushing for first team places in the very near future. However in Carter Vickers we have possibly the best young centre half in the country and in Onomah was have the best young central midfield player.

Azzaoui was great a little bit of the Cellebos about him,but those two are the best players in the side by a long way. They seemed almost contemptuous for the level they were playing at without being complacent.

In other news where the fuck was everyone ?

I totally agree that last years side was better than the current crop.

Always been hugely impressed by CCV but I'm having a few doubts if perfectly honest. I would say Onomah is an utter certainty to make it.

So glad others are seeing the talent in him now! He has been nothing short of sensational for a year now at U18 level. Obviously a loooooong way to go, but he's incredibly talented.

I think last season's team would beat this season's in a hypothetical match, but I think there are more talents in this team, which for me is more exciting. But all the major talents are younger, which is why they'd lose to last year's team (whose main talents were almost all 18).

CCV, Onomah, Edwards, Azzaoui, KWP, Harrison - none of them are 18 (or even close - oldest is KWP, 18 in April)
Nice to think of them as a pair of waves, with one able to settle into the first team and push on before the second group are ready to be introduced as well. Could make for a very interesting Spurs squad in 5 years.

our youth development is very exciting, we never used to get loads of good young players now it looks 10 a penny. I know people are frustrated but this is one area we have cracked.

Hi guys, looking at WindyCOYS WindyCOYS , SpursLegend SpursLegend and the guys on here who know our youth team to answers a few questions

1. Who in your opinion will make it into the first team long term. I see Winks and Onomah playing in Turkey and Pritchard doing well on Loan, who are the new Harry Kane's of our team?

2. Will the youth team affect transfer policy. For example we lack striker of a high quality IMO (Not sure Ade or Bobby are the long term solutions), is there anyone great coming through or will we need to buy, and should we sell some excess first team players in certain areas to accomadate some of these young players (if they are off a very high talent)?

3. How come we suddenly seem to have loads of talented young players, never used to be like this, is this luck or is our academy at Southampton level?

Hi guys, looking at WindyCOYS WindyCOYS , SpursLegend SpursLegend and the guys on here who know our youth team to answers a few questions
1. Who in your opinion will make it into the first team long term. I see Winks and Onomah playing in Turkey and Pritchard doing well on Loan, who are the new Harry Kane's of our team?
2. Will the youth team affect transfer policy. For example we lack striker of a high quality IMO (Not sure Ade or Bobby are the long term solutions), is there anyone great coming through or will we need to buy, and should we sell some excess first team players in certain areas to accomadate some of these young players (if they are off a very high talent)?
3. How come we suddenly seem to have loads of talented young players, never used to be like this, is this luck or is our academy at Southampton level?

1. Onomah is the closest thing to a 'dead cert' in the current U18/U21 ranks. I still think Walker-Peters, Ogilvie, Oduwa, Winks, Ball and Carter-Vickers all have a great chance too.
2. If Onomah and Winks break through during this season, then I've no doubt we'll be less desperate to sign central midfielders, put it that way. We still need a striker as none of the out and out strikers are A) good enough or B) ready.
3. Buy fanzine 1. Read my article on Moniz. :levylol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom