U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with the above, we were great.
Apparently Onomah and Ogilvie were due to be in the squad for Brighton - Newcastle result might have affected that.
That's good news, hope they make the bench. Based on last night's performance I'm confident they can hold their own as they wore out a significantly more physical Chelsea team. Seeing as they were the best two players on the park and came off at 70 mins I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If Spurs wanted to make some money in a useful way, rather than through selling horrifying jumpers and crap, I'd happily pay money to have video replays of the U21 matches on the Spurs website. Sounds like (and the youtube clips look like) these guys put on a hell of a show. And it would really cheer me up after the match at the weekend.

Would rather watch those kids than the "real" England side any day. They take all the silly stereotypes about the "English game" and grind them underfoot while producing something quite artful.

It's strange, I've watched quite a bit of the u21 England side over the years when there are Spurs players appearing like Caulker, Rose, Adam Smith and now with Kane and Carroll and the sides are almost always quite good to watch. This current side is brilliant. Kane and Carroll are both great technical footballers add in the likes of Berahino, Will Hughes, Nathan Redmond, and a few other and they really play some nice creative football. Something just happens between the youth levels and the senior teams where it all seems to go to shit.

For me, the ultimate thing that encapsulates the problems with English football is that Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes don't even have 100 caps between them. Those two were at the center of the some of the best sides we saw in EPL history. Xavi idolizes Scholes, call him the best deep lying playmaker of his lifetime if that doesn't show how good he I don't know what does. Yet, there is Scholes playing left midfield for England to allow Gerrard and Lampard in the middle. In another country, Scholes and Carrick would have been immovable national team stalwarts like Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Xavi, or Busquets. Instead Gerrard and Lampard more than doubled them in caps, and no English manager ever realized that the reason why those two were so good is because they had players like Scholes and Carrick playing behind them. Lampard had Makelele, Gerrard had Alonso. England just never appreciates the players whose subtly massively influences the game. They prefer to go for the star names. Modric would have never made it into an England side had he grown up here.

Kyle Walker-Peters better make it as I've just thought of the best song for him. I've included the tune below as this very well might be an American song.

OH I'D LOVE TO BE KYLE WALKER- PETERS
THAT IS WHO I'D TRULY LOVE TO BE
BECAUSE IF I WAS KYLE WALKER-PETERS
ALL THE TOTTENHAM FANS WOULD BE IN LOVE WITH ME

Kyle Walker-Peters better make it as I've just thought of the best song for him. I've included the tune below as this very well might be an American song.

OH I'D LOVE TO BE KYLE WALKER- PETERS
THAT IS WHO I'D TRULY LOVE TO BE
BECAUSE IF I WAS KYLE WALKER-PETERS
ALL THE TOTTENHAM FANS WOULD BE IN LOVE WITH ME

Brilliant. Original football chants make my willy hard.

I would love it if WindyCOYS did a feature on our prospects, sort of laying out how far off some of these guys might be from making the first team. Say 6 months out, 1 year out, longer...

I would love it if WindyCOYS did a feature on our prospects, sort of laying out how far off some of these guys might be from making the first team. Say 6 months out, 1 year out, longer...

Have you listened to this week's pod? WindyCOYS WindyCOYS did an extended analysis of our youth team and loan players and where they are at in their development. Was very interesting.

Windy's reports regarding McEvoy have been most that he was unconvincing or that he was outright disappointing. My guess would be Peterborough decided they didn't have much use for him and all parties decided it would best if he returned to Spurs and the u21 team.

It's strange, I've watched quite a bit of the u21 England side over the years when there are Spurs players appearing like Caulker, Rose, Adam Smith and now with Kane and Carroll and the sides are almost always quite good to watch. This current side is brilliant. Kane and Carroll are both great technical footballers add in the likes of Berahino, Will Hughes, Nathan Redmond, and a few other and they really play some nice creative football. Something just happens between the youth levels and the senior teams where it all seems to go to shit.

For me, the ultimate thing that encapsulates the problems with English football is that Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes don't even have 100 caps between them. Those two were at the center of the some of the best sides we saw in EPL history. Xavi idolizes Scholes, call him the best deep lying playmaker of his lifetime if that doesn't show how good he I don't know what does. Yet, there is Scholes playing left midfield for England to allow Gerrard and Lampard in the middle. In another country, Scholes and Carrick would have been immovable national team stalwarts like Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Xavi, or Busquets. Instead Gerrard and Lampard more than doubled them in caps, and no English manager ever realized that the reason why those two were so good is because they had players like Scholes and Carrick playing behind them. Lampard had Makelele, Gerrard had Alonso. England just never appreciates the players whose subtly massively influences the game. They prefer to go for the star names. Modric would have never made it into an England side had he grown up here.

It's because in the vacuum of the UK sports media, crash-boom-bang thundercunt goals and stats are much more interesting to report rather than the careful, intelligent schemers maintaining the platform of a team.

It's the same with defensive players - fuck those clever, strong and skilful defenders and No'6's, what we want to see are lightning quick fullbacks bombing back and forth alonside 6 foot defenders hurling themselves into blocks and dangerous tackles.

For me it is a 90% press and ex-pro created problem in the UK.

Have you listened to this week's pod? WindyCOYS WindyCOYS did an extended analysis of our youth team and loan players and where they are at in their development. Was very interesting.

I wasn't especially prepared for it, so at some point throughout the season I'll do the same again, but be prepared.

Kenny McEvoy has been recalled from Peterborough. Any news as to why WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ?
Would love that to be the case. I haven't watched him enough to know what he is capable of so will be interesting to see what WindyCOYS WindyCOYS thinks of the recall. Looks like he was getting regular time there so can't be for that

Essentially what JDK JDK said. I could be so wrong but I think we've probably identified that he's not getting too many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom