U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen that Steffen Freund's son, Nicklas Freund has joined our academy? He's a goalkeeper - I really like the idea of us having a crazy German with the in goal in the future!
Br91OLsIgAEomdm.jpg

Very strange loan altogether..same league he was in 2 years ago with a similar level team as Peterborough.

Pity that all this manager switching has negatively impacted the amount of chances our youth players get.

Very strange loan altogether..same league he was in 2 years ago with a similar level team as Peterborough.

Pity that all this manager switching has negatively impacted the amount of chances our youth players get.
A season in the Championship after playing in League 1 last season will be good for him and hopefully play the majority of the games.

He was in the Championship 2 years ago. Did ok, not great. Team got relegated.

Only played a handful of games before getting injured and coming back. He got a full year with Swindon and had a great year. If he does the same at Brentford he could be competing for a spot with us next year. Windy doesn't think he'll make it at Spurs though. If that's the case, hopefully he can at least raise his value some.

Only played a handful of games before getting injured and coming back. He got a full year with Swindon and had a great year. If he does the same at Brentford he could be competing for a spot with us next year. Windy doesn't think he'll make it at Spurs though. If that's the case, hopefully he can at least raise his value some.
No doubt he had a good year yes but it was League 1...that being said I think a lot of our youth players work better with a familiar squad.

I think it's a bit weird that we haven't released Ryan Mason. He's already 23 and he did alright in League 1 last season, but I don't think he'll be Premier League quality anytime soon, if ever.

I think it's a bit weird that we haven't released Ryan Mason. He's already 23 and he did alright in League 1 last season, but I don't think he'll be Premier League quality anytime soon, if ever.
Maybe we're trying to help him continue his football career instead of dump him on his arse when it's clear he's not an asset... Same as Dawkins and others. A much more responsible attitude if this is the case

Maybe we're trying to help him continue his football career instead of dump him on his arse when it's clear he's not an asset... Same as Dawkins and others. A much more responsible attitude if this is the case
I agree. I doubt he's on as much in a year as our top earners are on in a week, so why not keep him and develop him? It's great to see the club working hard to get these players where they can be, even if that's obviously not at Spurs.

Grant Ward, who is on loan to the Chicago Fire in MLS, came on as a 2nd half sub and scored his first goal for the club (in his 9th appearance).

PlasticWellinformedHypsilophodon.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom