Tottenham,why?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My parents bought me a Shoot! magazine or similar as a 5yr old back in 1980/81, and it had one of those movable league table wallchart things - remember, you used to move the teams up or down the slots depending on where the were in the league.

To cut a long story short, as I was first doing it I decided I needed to pick myself a team, and thought the best sounding team name by far was Tottenham Hotspur. So they became my team.

I only found out years later, that half my family were Spurs fans and the other side were dirty Woolwich fans.
I remember the league tables in Shoot, I used to religiously keep the tables up to date. I also used to buy Goal magazine, the only girl in my school to buy football publications instead of Jackie or Fab208.

My first game was Spurs Chelsea in 72. You may be able to help here it was the game Osgood got taken off on a stretcher. I thought it was 1969/70 but can't ask my old man. Thinking about it it could have been 72
:oops: oops, bad punctuation reads like Chelsea was my first game. It was actually against Sheffield Wednesday. So can't help you. I think the first time I saw Chelsea was when we sent them down :D

My grandfather was a guest of the Royal Navy in Gillingham in 51 and he traveled on weekends to watch spurs win the league, then in 61 the double side toured Israel where my dad was a ball boy and the rest is history of tears and honour

I remember the league tables in Shoot, I used to religiously keep the tables up to date. I also used to buy Goal magazine, the only girl in my school to buy football publications instead of Jackie or Fab208.
I have a framed cover pic from FAB 208 hanging up in my flat.Its from December 1969 and has Jimmy Cliff,2 skinhead girls and Jim Lea and Don powell from Slade on it.......I'll get my coat

The friend who got me regularly watching EPL games in 2012 was a City fan, so I jokingly "supported" Norwich for that season just to annoy him. I honestly don't know what drew me to Spurs over the course of the year, but I didn't even have to think about who I'd actually support for real after having experienced a full season. And now I willingly get up at six am on my few days off to watch games, the REAL test of any young fan's loyalty!

(I guess I just have a thing for bird mascots)

Back
Top Bottom