TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i wasn't able to see him because he passed away early in the morning. Maybe the worst day of my life if i can be honest. and thank you guys for the support.

Obviously didn't watched the game, but in a such dark day it was a nice little moment when checked my phone and saw that we won 4-1. did we played well?
Dreadful news. My sincere condolences.

i wasn't able to see him because he passed away early in the morning. Maybe the worst day of my life if i can be honest. and thank you guys for the support.

Obviously didn't watched the game, but in a such dark day it was a nice little moment when checked my phone and saw that we won 4-1. did we played well?
Condolences, hope you and your family are coping with this ok!

First off. Sincere condolences to Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb for your loss. It shows the power of this stupid game that even in this darkest of times you can seek a small amount of joy in the result.

On to the match. I watched it 'as live' this morning as was out and about yesterday. Before watching I saw a missed call on my phone from my pal who goes to the games and a Facebook message from a Newcastle fan I know which I tried not to read. Genuinely made me fear the worst as people only tend to contact me if we've lost.

First half was so so frustrating watching us play well but come up against a team with everyone behind the ball. They obviously saw what Leicester did and tried to emulate it. Forgetting the crucial part about actually having good players who can start and finish counter attacks at lightning speed. Soon as we went 1-0 I started feeling very pessimistic. Surely this was going to a frustrating 1-0 or 1-1. The fact we responded immediately was the most crucial part of the game. I think it convinced the players their goal was just an irritating blip and gave them the confidence to keep going.

2nd half. Absolutely no idea why BFS changed to 3 at the back. Players looked confused. No one knew how to track or fullbacks and, the one counter attacke from them early in the first half apart, we played some sexy stuff. What I continue to love a four this poch side is how they treat each defeat as a small setback and continue to pursue the kind of football they want to play. 4 more goals. Best goal difference again. Hoping we can now finally dispatch Leicester out of the cup and take yesterday's form to palace, who seem to be struggling a little bit since the new year.

I'm sorry for your loss. Cancer is horrible, has killed the majority of my family

Sorry for your loss mate. I managed to spend a week with my Dad before he passed away, but you can't prepare yourself for it. Miserable business.

We've got our striker back!
BPK0sDd.png

5QAKEDu.png

That's the furthest forward HK has been for a long time.
Sincere condolences NB.

I thought the main difference was having Dembele back in the team. He has so much guile and strength on the ball from midfield. It was like watching a masterclass. What a player. He's really blossomed under Poch. I'm sure most of you will agree that he's a very talented footballer. But before under different managers he hasn't progressed or showed the kind of form he's so capable of. Now he seems like our key player. Opposing teams just can't get the ball from him. The difference previous and now is that when he dribbles round half the team he feels that he has great options to pass forward to. Again What a great player and game changer. A real joy to watch on the ball. Loving it. Really loving watching him play.

I actually think that it's a compliment that teams 'park the bus' against us, albeit a 'two edged sword'.
This is were a coach earns his stripes!
Their coach or ours?

They park the bus without any quality? Im all for defending and doing it in style but teams as Sunderland are very caveman level. LC do it well as a team but do need to resort to having a dig at players after the ball had gone, which I find very 1970s (without the studs)?

Is this the first 'Park the Bus' side who we've truly beaten, and beaten by a decent margin??
So far we've failed to beat Leicester, WBA, and to some extent Liverpool & Chelsea when they've 'tried it'!!

Is this the first 'Park the Bus' side who we've truly beaten, and beaten by a decent margin??
So far we've failed to beat Leicester, WBA, and to some extent Liverpool & Chelsea when they've 'tried it'!!

West Ham parked the bus when we beat them 4 - 1. Or at least, they tried to, they came out firing after we scored our first. But I remember before that they had every man in their half defending.

I thought WHU, to a point tried to contain us (I know its not quite the same) but they did put all their efforts on defending against us.

I'm afraid that Sunderland were largely architects of their own demise. That decision to switch to three at the back was catastrophic.

We also seem to making a habit of going a goal down first before we've handed teams a spanking this season.

Bournemouth & Man City come to mind.

We also seem to making a habit of going a goal down first before we've handed teams a spanking this season.

Bournemouth & Man City come to mind.

Suits me... I'd rather that, than going a goal up and being on the receiving of a spanking!!
Ladieeeees!:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom