Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So who's getting the other 26,000 odd tickets? And where do we buy them?

FA. Corporate. Club Wembley. See: Some of the tickets Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante has a hold of.

Bit concerned we have Fiorentina three days before the final. The only hope is we have a three goal lead from the first leg and we can maybe rest some players.

Actual LOL. Can't remember the last time we had a comfortable first leg lead in anything.

On topic; I'm in two minds about going to this. I was at both the Pompy and Chav semis, and look how they turn out. Know that I'll jinx it.

I have been collecting LP every since the system was put in place. But now they only count the points from the last four years. So someone who has been going for 20 years is still on par with someone who has been going for 4 years. What do people reckon about this?

Also has anyone seen the melts on Facebook moaning about the fact that it should be 'first come first served' and its unfair that season ticket holders get priority.

Personally I think the system is as fair as it can be.

Rewarding loyalty in the previous 4 seasons stops those who may have gone loads 10 years ago but not much these days from taking the tickets to the more high profile games. Also increasing the away LPs to more than the home fixtures is welcome.

Those complaining are those who clearly have not attended enough to get a final ticket.

Lets hope we go to Italy with a lead in the first leg as that 3 day gap between Florentina and Chavs is a bit of a worry. Maybe play the below teams, go hell for leather in the final and hope our second team can do ok in Italy before hand (of course if all those players are still here and we haven't signed anyone else)

vs Chavs

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Verts, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

vs Florentina

[formation=4231, Lloris, Chriches, Fazio, Dier, Rose, Stambouli, Capoue, Lennon, Dembele, Townsend, Soldado][/formation]

I have been collecting LP every since the system was put in place. But now they only count the points from the last four years. So someone who has been going for 20 years is still on par with someone who has been going for 4 years. What do people reckon about this?

Also has anyone seen the melts on Facebook moaning about the fact that it should be 'first come first served' and its unfair that season ticket holders get priority.
The new system has worked out better for me as I'm a bit younger but I don't agree with it and it shouldn't have been put in place.

lol every club has mongs like that, I remember when Woolwich got to the final last season I had mates saying that a certain amount should go to general sale. These are the same mates who go to 1 maybe 2 games a season

We really can't complain about the scheduling. We're away from home three days before the final because we fucked around so much in the first half of the season that our multi-million pound "superstars" couldn't win the group stage and finished behind Beskitas. If we'd won that group, we'd have a home tie before the final and it'd be against easier opposition. When will we learn that this shit comes back to haunt us?

We really can't complain about the scheduling. We're away from home three days before the final because we fucked around so much in the first half of the season that our multi-million pound "superstars" couldn't win the group stage and finished behind Beskitas. If we'd won that group, we'd have a home tie before the final and it'd be against easier opposition. When will we learn that this shit comes back to haunt us?
You make it sound like they did it on purpose? We had a new manager and we played more games than anyone else in the league. You can hardly blame anyone for us having a "bedding in" period. No need to fucking melt about it.

Last edited:
The new system has worked out better for me as I'm a bit younger but I don't agree with it and it shouldn't have been put in place.

lol every club has mongs like that, I remember when Woolwich got to the final last season I had mates saying that a certain amount should go to general sale. These are the same mates who go to 1 maybe 2 games a season
I went to the 99 final but didn't get a ticket for the 02 final. I will always remember a lad in my class rubbing it my face that he got a ticket. First ever game to see Spurs. I was so pissed off. His name was Craig. Bastard.

I don't recall anyone checking tickets, just remember the fencing all round the garden and the full-kit Woolwich mongs hanging out their windows in the houses opposite.

Get well soon, here's hoping the team go and do you proud. No chance at all of a good sob story on Twitter etc leading to them offering you a box or anything if that meant you could make it?
Thanks mate. I'd love to go and did look into their disabled seating, but I'm not sure I could manage the trip even. My brother got married in London last year and I wasn't well enough to go. Obviously Spurs winning a cup is way more important as a life event, but still. :adeohshit:
Hope you're on the mend soon. If you're feeling any better by match day, I will happily pick you up & take you to your local pub to watch it-as long as you don't live abroad...anyway, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the thought, appreciate it. :adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom