Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier was solid in the first two matches, don't think he made one mistake but in the last two where his level of opponent has been higher it's showed he isn't a right back. That said he won't face a tougher test than Adam Jhonston and Raheem Sterling this year, both really tricky pacey players so maybe I'm being harsh. But my point about Naughton is he is a good tackler, he does win most of his battles with the winger with the ball on the floor. I don't want to come across like i'm scapegoating Dier, I really like the bloke, just think Naughton is a better option, but I've no doubt Poch is the better judge of this so I've no problem seeing him start next week.

Wont face a tougher test than Johnston and Sterling!?

Hazard, Sanchez, Di Maria are in another league compared to those two. Dier seems to stand off opponents too much which is why he seems to often get beat on the dribble.

Wont face a tougher test than Johnston and Sterling!?

Hazard, Sanchez, Di Maria are in another league compared to those two. Dier seems to stand off opponents too much which is why he seems to often get beat on the dribble.
They are far superior players I agree but in a just one on one winger attacking a fullback they are going to cause as many problems as them. The ones you've listed have an end product though.

I noticed Remy beat him twice vs QPR. Sterling skinned him once in the first half, and studge once.
Remy - he had one half arsed row z shot at goal, is all I remember - not him passing Dier, ball at his feet.
Sterling lost Dier for the opener, but again, didn't pass him with the ball in his control, unless he was one of the ones in that effort in the second half, where sterling fluffed the shot. As for Sturridge, again I don't remember it happening. I am NOT disputing anything you say, you may well be right, but I saw the games and have no recollection of the incidents you mention.
I'd love to see Dier play central defence, somewhere he's not expected to run up and down the pitch all game

h91WaQn.jpg

orly.gif

Remy - he had one half arsed row z shot at goal, is all I remember - not him passing Dier, ball at his feet.
Sterling lost Dier for the opener, but again, didn't pass him with the ball in his control, unless he was one of the ones in that effort in the second half, where sterling fluffed the shot. As for Sturridge, again I don't remember it happening. I am NOT disputing anything you say, you may well be right, but I saw the games and have no recollection of the incidents you mention.
I'd love to see Dier play central defence, somewhere he's not expected to run up and down the pitch all game

I dont think he is a bad player, think he can read the game well just think he isn't the greatest 1 on 1 tackler. Which isn't anywhere near as much of an issue at CB than it is as fullback.

Still going to reiterate that I thoroughly enjoyed that match. Going onto the pitch and saying I'm going to play better football than you, hounded the opposition and played some fantastic football, I know the result wasn't there but Poch has implemented a mentality and style and the fact it's showing already is positive, until we sack him in 18 months :(

Back
Top Bottom