Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like to think Spurs can maintain their excellent form against Aston Villa, but I'm not exactly filled with confidence at the moment...

P560_zps25c4d49d.png

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa Match Records 1896-2015

Villa are s$it should go down this yr, so on the basis of them having crap results, not scoring goals, mgr due for the sack – sound ffamiliar? WBA, Newcastle – yeah, then Tottenham is the right team to come up against.
Commme onn Tottnam……
We must get everyone to think about the game rather than untied shoelaces, untidy socks, girls in niteclubs, moaning crowds and that new car.
Tough job I know.. but
Must, have to win.
………….Lloris
Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose
……..Capoue, Mason
…Lamela, Eriksen, Kane
…………Soldado
tough selection for Poch – Chadli, Adebayor, Fazio, Dier, Demeble all players he could bring in as with many of my guesses Poch will do something different.
We score, they score, we score, they come home heavy, we scramble over the line 2-1. Lamela, Benteke, Eriksen.
Metro, Mirror say, they all say we are in for Benteke……

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/31/premier-league-10-things-look-out-for

7) Long- and short-term history a worry for Villa
There’s not really much for Villa to feel optimistic about ahead of the visit of Tottenham. Over the past two seasons the clubs have met five times, with Spurs winning all five at an aggregate score of 15-0. And even if you want to dismiss that as an irrelevance you’ve still got Villa’s last five games in the Premier League to worry about – five games, five defeats and an aggregate score of 13-0. It has not been an easy run of games – Woolwich, Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton took the wind from their early-season sails, and if you were feeling charitable you might suggest they were unfortunate to meet a QPR side just as they came into form. Spurs, though, will surely enjoy the wide open plains provided by Villa’s luxuriously spacious 105m x 68m pitch. JA

Nailed on to lose this one now.

:pochfacepalm:

On the other hand, you have the steaming turds that fly out of Paul Mersons mouth.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...mersons-premier-league-predictions-round-nine

Aston Villa v Tottenham – 3.30pm, Sun, Sky Sports 1
ChristianBenteke_3221692.jpg

If you take away Burnley then I think both of these teams would pick the other as their preferred team to play this weekend. Tottenham would pick Aston Villa because they haven’t been scoring goals and I think Villa would pick Tottenham because of that shocking result at home to Newcastle. Christian Benteke is another game in to his return and I’m going to go for Villa to win 1-0 – but that’s more my heart talking than my head, if I’m being honest.
PAUL PREDICTS: 1-0

This is an absolute abomination bordering on artistic brilliance. It looks like the type of nonsensical formation that Sky puts up on the screen right before the match starts.
e6cP3Rq.png

really attacking and really defensive in equal measures

the 3 CBs have great balance but it would all hinge on Eriksen running things and he's abit hit and miss but with Capoue and Stambouli he'd have plenty of protection

the 2 front men could be Ade or Kane too wouldn't change much we'd still get duffed lol

honestly think Lamela may end up in a more central striker role as he matures get him in the middle scoring goals

I would go with:

-----------------Lloris-----------------
Naughton Fazio Vertonghen Davies
-----------Mason----Dembele---------
Lamela----------Kane ---------Eriksen
----------------Soldado----------------

On the other hand, you have the steaming turds that fly out of Paul Mersons mouth.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...mersons-premier-league-predictions-round-nine

Aston Villa v Tottenham – 3.30pm, Sun, Sky Sports 1
ChristianBenteke_3221692.jpg

If you take away Burnley then I think both of these teams would pick the other as their preferred team to play this weekend. Tottenham would pick Aston Villa because they haven’t been scoring goals and I think Villa would pick Tottenham because of that shocking result at home to Newcastle. Christian Benteke is another game in to his return and I’m going to go for Villa to win 1-0 – but that’s more my heart talking than my head, if I’m being honest.
PAUL PREDICTS: 1-0

Ex-Villa player and one of sky's many resident gooners. Hardly a surprising prediction is it. What a cock that guy is.

----------------------Lloris--------------------
Naughton---Dier---Vertonghen---Rose
--------------------Capoue-------------------
-------------Mason------Eriksen------------
Lamela--------------------------------Chadli
----------------------Kane---------------------

Wanna see Dier given a go at CB. Wanna see Eriksen play a deeper role to allow Lamela to drift centre where he's been most influential.

Kane because HARRY FUCKING KANE

Lennon and/or Townsend starting... :walker-scream:

tbf I'm not their biggest fans but they are the only players we have with any sort of pace in midfield or upfront to stretch teams and our league form has been shite regardless of who is starting besides my 352 was abit of a piss take as it will never happen

Villa haven't scored since September 13th. We are so fucked. I'd rather play a team in incredible form like when we played Southampton than teams in a tailspin.

Back
Top Bottom