Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vetonghen, Rose, Stambouli, Mason, Lamela, Soldado, Chadli, Kane][/formation]
Let Soldado do what he is doing well - create. Take the responsibility for scoring from him. And give Eriksen the kick up the arse he deserves. Also gives a natural flexibility to go to a 442 if they do park the bus.

Poch gotta start rewarding the so called 'cup-players' with some PL starts.
Otherwise, what's the point for both sets of players? No incentive.

First and foremost, Kane gotta be starting. It's about freaking time!
I don't care if it's in place of Ade (as a lone ST) or in place of someone like Chadli (to be used as a 2nd ST).

Other than that, I'm tempted to add Benji in that list too.
Capoue's form hasn't been great for the past couple of games. And maybe he needs as bit more competition. Stambouli has impressed me every time I've seen him play, including the game vs Brighton. I love his quickness to pass the ball and his eagerness to try to keep a tidy one-touch tempo going on. His passing is accurate and he knows how to spread the ball. And then there's is defensive aspect ... he's quite the aggressive player.

So yeah, I'd go with:

Lloris
Naughton - Kaboom - Verts - Rose
Benji - Mason
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane​

Yep Kane in, rest Capoue and Dier they look tired.

Concerned about our width, if Kane and Soldado starts that means we can look to target our strikers but Lennon doesn't seem the same player and although Townsend can cross he opts not to and just takes a shit shot all the time. Would really like to start with a wide man but Lennon/Townsend need to up their game big time.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Benji, Mason, Lamela, Kane, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]

Fuck it no wingers.

Nostradamus 500 years ago:
“…In the year of mighty Our Lord,2014,Spurs will destroy them with 5-0 ,smash them to the ground,burying Villa for eternity,3 goals coming just from that striker,a soldier,who cares about himself how he looks,a splendid,shiny hairstyle!” …”
Historians who decrypted this message from the past, believe that is about Soldado”

Everytime Poch starts ade I think of a clinical definition of insanity and lose all the excitements I had of looking forward to another Spurs game. He really needs to be dropped this time.

I'll go for
----------------------------------Hugo
Naughton---------Fazio-----------------Verts-----------Rose

---------------------Dembele-------------Mason
Townsend------------------Eriksen------------------Lamela

----------------------------Hurrikane

SUB: Vorm, Dier, Davies, Capoue, Bentaleb, Chadli, Soldado.

COYS !!

Soldado and Kane up top in a 4-4-2 formation. Soldado good in build up play against Brighton, I really don't want him to be shit, he needs a start and he has form against Villa. No point starting Adebayor this one in my opinion.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Kaboul, Fazio, Rose, Benji, Mason, Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]
So...
Probs get slated for this one, but my thoughts entail;
- Fazio to deal with Bentekkers.
- Benji over Capoue. I still feel Capoue tackling leaves something to be desired, he is more of a 'shepherd'. Benji more agile also. Mason an obvious choice.
- Front 4: So Soldado brings the best out of Lamela I feel, Lamela performing much better in centre/coming from left. Eriksen and Lamela to rotate between left and centre. Soldado drifts right naturally, this should allow for Chadli to drift central (CF) and get in positions such as the one he scored vs. Gooners.

:soldadowtf:

Edit: Kane on at 60!

[formation=352, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Verts, Lennon, Stambouli, Eriksen, Capoue, Townsend, Lamela, Soldado][/formation]

tell Eriksen to do what Modric does lol
football genius shit:townhmm:

[formation=352, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Verts, Lennon, Stambouli, Eriksen, Capoue, Townsend, Lamela, Soldado][/formation]

tell Eriksen to do what Modric does lol
football genius shit:townhmm:
This is an absolute abomination bordering on artistic brilliance. It looks like the type of nonsensical formation that Sky puts up on the screen right before the match starts.
e6cP3Rq.png

Back
Top Bottom