Tottenham Hotspur 2017-18 - Player Ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Work are kidding if they are getting something out of me this afternoon. A game early but let's get it rolling. How does everyone see the individual performances of our lads this season?

Hugo Lloris - 7/10 - Probably not his best season for the standards he keeps. But he is still a great captain, a fantastic keeper and saved our bacon many, many a time. Had too many sketchy moments for me that bring down his score but he's still the best I've seen in my time here and will be going forward for a while. O Captain, My Captain.

Kieran Trippier - 7/10 - Another one who had his poor games but generally a very underrated player who is improving leaps and bounds and been rewarded with International caps. Fantastic crosser (sorry Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ) and engine for days. Can improve positionally and technically.

Davinson Sanchez - 8.5/10 - Could eventually be our greatest signing ever? Much like Dele when he first joined was thrust into a far more involved and important role than he would probably expected when he joined. A titan! At 21! Has grown immensely next to the imperious Jan Vertonghen and will only get better and will no doubt be one of the World's best if he's not already. For someone who is still a kid he has bullied seasoned pros and some of the best on the planet. Special.

Jan Vertonghen - 9.5/10 - His best season for us by quite some distance and pretty much a unanimous Player of the Year winner. In a team with Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen, that is some going. An unbelievable season that has seen him get the recognition outside of Spurs he's deserved for a long time. One of the most complete defender's on the planet and our Superman.

Ben Davies - 8/10 - Stepped out of Danny Rose's shadow and has made LB his own. An understated and underrated player who does his job admirably if without flash. That lack of flash seems to see him not receive the credit he deserves but he has been an integral part of our game this season and rarely lets us down.

Eric Dier - 7.5/10 - A weird one. Some days he looks brilliant, some days he looks like he doesn't quite know what he wants to be. Still, absolutely integral to Spurs and especially leading the midfield. His versatility helps us when injuries come but I think he needs to nail down what he is. Would like him over the summer to sit down with Poch and make a decision over his future in the midfield or defence.

Mousa Dembele - 8/10 - Inconsistent as ever. Those few weeks in Feb/March were astonishing. Some of the best central midfield football I've seen and just a beauty to watch. I think it took it out of him and we saw that with a major dip in form in the home stretch. Think he's entering the ''Scholes'' part of his career where we need to pick and choose his games and wrap him in cotton wool.

Heung min-Son - 8.5/10 - A fabulous season from the cheery bastard. Before his dip in form in the last month he has been a sensation this season scoring vitally important goals all year long, especially at Wembley. A cult hero and will only get better. Can't wait to see what he'll do next one.

Dele Alli - 7.5/10 - A very inconsistent season but the beauty of Dele is that even when inconsistent in all round play he churns out the goals and assists. Making him super effective. Can be frustrating when he tries too much, but he's still so young and got so much to learn that with this base he's going to be a superstar. Seems to have reigned in the petulance to a degree in the respect he's content in winding others up without the physical silliness.

Christian Eriksen - 9.5/10 - Jan had our best season, but Christian is our best player. One of the best in the World. Passing, shooting, tenacity, vision etc. He has everything a great AM needs. Our deadpan dynamo is fucking awesome and I think we will have to fend off some interest this summer. I do find myself wondering what happened to his free kick scoring? Also, his corners are ridiculous. Still, incredible player.

Harry Kane - 8.5/10 - God. Another season of goalscoring delights, although his form was somewhat curtailed by that injury. His all round play is so underrated (remember that pass to Dele?!) but it's his goalscoring that pays the bills. 27 in the League this year and you can still say he had more in him. Will be scoring goals for us for the next 10 years. God.

Serge Aurier - 5/10 - As a big fan of his, a disappointing season. His recklessness got taken advantage off too often. There is a player in there though. Next season huge.

Toby Alderweireld - 6/10 - A write off. Was his usual self before his injury in a season that was drowned by off the pitch fuckery.

Juan Foyth - 6.5/10 - Incredibly exciting prospect. Looked calm, assured and a baller whenever we saw him.

Danny Rose - 5/10 - See above. Injury ravaged so saw nothing of his best. I'm getting there but The Sun article still irks me.

Victor Wanyama - 6.5/10 - Off the boil for most of the season. Injuries and loss of form means we lost what was an automatic starter last year. Fingers crossed he gets it back next season.

Harry Winks - 6/10 - The poor bastard. Was looking on for a breakout season until injury fucked him. Hopefully back next year and will get back on the wagon.

Moussa Sissoko - 5/10 - A tryer and Poch's boy but he's just not technically at the level of his teammates or opponents. That said, a much better player at CM than wing.

Erik Lamela - 6/10 - Most of us chuffed to see the boy's return. Inconsistent as expected from such a spell out but does a great job off the bench for Poch. Called Wilshere a pussy and fucked up Fabregas. Bump it to a 7 just for that.

Fernando Llorente - 5/10 - Despite his hat-trick has looked a step off everything Spurs. Half the player we saw at Swansea. Spurs' second striker conundrum continues.

Lucas Moura - 5/10 - Too early to tell. As Poch said he's a signing for next season due to PSG wasting him away. Has looked bright in spells and am hugely excited to see him next season.

Vorm/Gazza/KWP - N/A - All deputised well, just not enough to warrant a ranking. KWP especially I want to see much more of next season.

Mauricio Pochettino - 8/10 - Has taken us another step forwards on this road. His substitutions can be puzzling and late but who am I to tell him I know better? Tactically showed great adaptability when Toby fell and trusted the youth of Sanchez. A little disappointed not to see more of KWP and Moura. Has moulded a great group of young players into a side of men who can go toe-to-toe with anyone in 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1. A magician.

In summary, a good season considering we played away all season. Cannot wait to get back the The Lane.

COYS!

5378de3bd9ce7d760d94e85a65c956f6.jpg

Last edited:
Llori - 6.5
Vorm - 5.5
Gazzaniza - 6

Trippier - 6
Aurier - 5.5
KWP - 6
Davies - 7
Rose - 6

Sanchez - 7
Vertonghen - 9
Aldeweireld - 7
Foyth - 6.5

Dier - 7
Dembele - 8
Wanyama - 3.5
Sissoko - 6
Winks - 7

Alli - 6
Son - 7
Eriksen - 9.5
Lucas - 6.5
Lamela - 7

Kane - 8
Llorente - 5

GOALKEEPERS

Hugo Lloris -
6.5/10
I think he's been well below his usual standards this season. I still think he's one of the best goalkeepers in the league but this was a season to forget for him, statistically his worst season since Poch's first season too with nearly a goal conceded a game with him in goal. He'll be back stronger than ever next season.

Michel Vorm - N/A

Paolo Gazzanniga - N/A

DEFENCE

Kieran Trippier - 6.5/10
Solid showing from him this season. 24 starts across the Premier League and Championship with 8 assists is a good return from a full back. Do think his lack of athleticism will see his position under threat in pre-season and next season. May even find himself at a different club but he has stepped in well this year.

Ben Davies - 7.5/10
Really exceeded my expectations this season. Created more chances than any other defender in the league this season. Played alot more due to fitness issues with Rose but hasn't stopped him from going for it every single game. First choice left back now, no doubt about it. With Rose likely to be gone in the summer, it should be a good battle with him and the new left back next season.

Davinson Sanchez - 7.5/10
A great debut season for him. Still nervy here and there with his clearances and his inexperience shows but the fact this is only his second full season in Europe and his first in one of the best leagues in the world, he's come on leaps and bounds. He is only going to get better.

Jan Vertonghen - 9/10
Easily our best defender this season and one of the contenders for our player of the year. Has held it together back there at times, especially with Alderweireld's injury and contract dispute going on in the background. Really hope he is here until he retires.

Toby Alderweireld - 7/10
As solid as ever whenever he plays at the back besides the one game in the FA Cup. It's a shame that his Tottenham career has come to where it is at right now as his first two seasons before these proved he is one of the best in the world at what he does.

Danny Rose - 4/10
Just doesn't look up to it anymore to be honest. Whether it's in his head that he's off in the summer or the injuries have been too much for him, I'm not sure but his performances haven't been good enough. Besides Dortmund away, I cannot remember one decent performance from his this season. He's been okay at times where the opposition haven't really threatened but his forward runs and pace are a thing of the past, especially in a Tottenham shirt.

Serge Aurier - 5/10
This actually might seem like a high rating to some but I can see a player in Aurier. He has had some really solid games for us, but he, as it's like with all defenders, will be remembered for any errors he's made. From being sent off on his Premier League debut, to conceding a penalty at the Bernebau and the Juventus stadium. People sometimes forget his performance at left back against Liverpool where he shackled Salah very well too.

Juan Foyth - N
/A

Kyle Walker-Peters - N/A

MIDFIELDERS

Mousa Dembele - 7.5/10
If he had performed like he did against Man Utd and Woolwich in the league and Juventus away in the Champions League, during that brilliant week, all season then he would have got a notch higher and perhaps would have been our player of the season. Unfortunately injuries prevent him from doing that regularly. If this is his last season, I am glad we got to witness him as a Spurs player.

Eric Dier - 7/10
A good season for Dier. Has to play at centre half at times, including a brilliant performance against Real Madrid at the Bernebau. A mixture of good and bad performances this season but considering he's a constant in our central midfield and considering he's made 40+ appearances for a team who are 3rd in the league, topped their Champions League group and got to the semi finals of the FA Cup, it's hard not to give him this score.

Dele Alli - 7.5/10

As inconsistent as we've ever seen him this year but you cannot deny that Dele Alli can pop up with important goals and shows up for the big games. Winners against Real Madrid, another goal in the FA Cup semi final, winner at Stamford Bridge. The score might actually seem quite high to some but the fact he has been involved in 28 goals in 42 starts this season is pretty great (14 goals and 14 assists)

Christian Eriksen - 9/10
The guy who makes it all happen. Probably our player of the season. Whilst Vertonghen will run him close, Eriksen arguably has the harder job on the pitch and he does it with ease. Another player for the big occasions. Another assist in an FA Cup semi final. Goal in the our first win at Stamford Bridge for 25+ years. His best season for us as well in terms of goals and assists. He'll only get better.

Heung Min-Son
- 8/10
It's been quite the season for him. I think he's played in more games than anyone else in our squad this season and the 18 goals and 6 assists he's brought to the table have been mighty important. Gone off the boil in recent weeks but his pace and trickery will always be a welcome threat when we need it. Matched the record of scoring in 5 consecutive home games too.

Moussa Sissoko - 6/10
Has come in and done a job when requires. Has played a variety of positions since he's arrived, mostly at central midfield this season where his energy, strength and willingness to run forward with the ball have been welcome at times. Has been involved in more goals and assists than all of our central midfielders this season, which is good to see considering he's not a starter.

Erik Lamela - 6/10
Another player who has come in and done a job when required. Some thought he'd never play for the club again. Then within 5 minutes of his return from over a year out, he sets up a goal. Someone Poch trusts, remains professional, works hard and gets about his way. Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

Harry Winks - 6/10
Absolutely gutted about his injury as we could have done with him during the run in to ease some pressure on both Eric Dier and Mousa Dembele. His performances at home to Liverpool in the league and both home and away against Madrid will always be remembered for me. Mature beyond his years. Also become an England international this year and will be very disappointed to miss out on the World Cup squad. He deserved it.

Victor Wanyama - 4/10
A season to forget for Big Vic. Unfortunately has looked a shadow of last season. Looks uncomfortable in possession, a total lack of confidence to pass or move forward with the ball. The score may even have been lower if it wasn't for his absolute rocket at Anfield. A big year for him next season.

Lucas Moura - N/A

FORWARDS

Harry Kane - 8.5/10
What can you say about Kane? 25+ league goals for a 3rd consecutive season and closing in on his 40th in all competitions. Broke the calendar year record, got his 100th Premier League goal and counting. Definitely gone off the boil due to his injury but his goals are so important to us. The nature of the guy means he's going to want to be even better next season which can only be good for us.

Fernando Llorente - 5/10
A bit of a tough season for Fernando, but he has hardly has his chance. Stats wise, he has 5 goals and 1 assist in 10 starts, which doesn't sound too bad and he's involved in a goal every 80 odd minutes due to the minutes he's actually completed which sounds even better. He'll be off in the summer but will always have a Tottenham hattrick to his name and was part of that brilliant night at the Bernebau.

Work are kidding if they are getting something out of me this afternoon. A game early but let's get it rolling. How does everyone see the individual performances of our lads this season?

Hugo Lloris - 7/10 - Probably not his best season for the standards he keeps. But he is still a great captain, a fantastic keeper and saved our bacon many, many a time. Had too many sketchy moments for me that bring down his score but he's still the best I've seen in my time here and will be going forward for a while. O Captain, My Captain.

Kieran Trippier - 7/10 - Another one who had his poor games but generally a very underrated player who is improving leaps and bounds and been rewarded with International caps. Fantastic crosser (sorry Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ) and engine for days. Can improve positionally and technically.

Davinson Sanchez - 8.5/10 - Could eventually be our greatest signing ever? Much like Dele when he first joined was thrust into a far more involved and important role than he would probably expected when he joined. A titan! At 21! Has grown immensely next to the imperious Jan Vertonghen and will only get better and will no doubt be one of the World's best if he's not already. For someone who is still a kid he has bullied seasoned pros and some of the best on the planet. Special.

Jan Vertonghen - 9.5/10 - His best season for us by quite some distance and pretty much a unanimous Player of the Year winner. In a team with Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen, that is some going. An unbelievable season that has seen him get the recognition outside of Spurs he's deserved for a long time. One of the most complete defender's on the planet and our Superman.

Ben Davies - 8/10 - Stepped out of Danny Rose's shadow and has made LB his own. An understated and underrated player who does his job admirably if without flash. That lack of flash seems to see him not receive the credit he deserves but he has been an integral part of our game this season and rarely lets us down.

Eric Dier - 7.5/10 - A weird one. Some days he looks brilliant, some days he looks like he doesn't quite know what he wants to be. Still, absolutely integral to Spurs and especially leading the midfield. His versatility helps us when injuries come but I think he needs to nail down what he is. Would like him over the summer to sit down with Poch and make a decision over his future in the midfield or defence.

Mousa Dembele - 8/10 - Inconsistent as ever. Those few weeks in Feb/March were astonishing. Some of the best central midfield football I've seen and just a beauty to watch. I think it took it out of him and we saw that with a major dip in form in the home stretch. Think he's entering the ''Scholes'' part of his career where we need to pick and choose his games and wrap him in cotton wool.

Heung min-Son - 8.5/10 - A fabulous season from the cheery bastard. Before his dip in form in the last month he has been a sensation this season scoring vitally important goals all year long, especially at Wembley. A cult hero and will only get better. Can't wait to see what he'll do next one.

Dele Alli - 7.5/10 - A very inconsistent season but the beauty of Dele is that even when inconsistent in all round play he churns out the goals and assists. Making him super effective. Can be frustrating when he tries too much, but he's still so young and got so much to learn that with this base he's going to be a superstar. Seems to have reigned in the petulance to a degree in the respect he's content in winding others up without the physical silliness.

Christian Eriksen - 9.5/10 - Jan had our best season, but Christian is our best player. One of the best in the World. Passing, shooting, tenacity, vision etc. He has everything a great AM needs. Our deadpan dynamo is fucking awesome and I think we will have to fend off some interest this summer. I do find myself wondering what happened to his free kick scoring? Also, his corners are ridiculous. Still, incredible player.

Harry Kane - 8.5/10 - God. Another season of goalscoring delights, although his form was somewhat curtailed by that injury. His all round play is so underrated (remember that pass to Dele?!) but it's his goalscoring that pays the bills. 27 in the League this year and you can still say he had more in him. Will be scoring goals for us for the next 10 years. God.

Serge Aurier - 5/10 - As a big fan of his, a disappointing season. His recklessness got taken advantage off too often. There is a player in there though. Next season huge.

Toby Alderweireld - 6/10 - A write off. Was his usual self before his injury in a season that was drowned by off the pitch fuckery.

Juan Foyth - 6.5/10 - Incredibly exciting prospect. Looked calm, assured and a baller whenever we saw him.

Danny Rose - 5/10 - See above. Injury ravaged so saw nothing of his best. I'm getting there but The Sun article still irks me.

Victor Wanyama - 6.5/10 - Off the boil for most of the season. Injuries and loss of form means we lost what was an automatic starter last year. Fingers crossed he gets it back next season.

Harry Winks - 6/10 - The poor bastard. Was looking on for a breakout season until injury fucked him. Hopefully back next year and will get back on the wagon.

Moussa Sissoko - 5/10 - A tryer and Poch's boy but he's just not technically at the level of his teammates or opponents. That said, a much better player at CM than wing.

Erik Lamela - 6/10 - Most of us chuffed to see the boys return. Inconsistent as expected from such a spell out but does a great job off the bench for Poch. Called Wilshere a pussy and fucked up Fabregas. Bump it to a 7 just for that.

Fernando Llorente - 5/10 - Despite his hat-trick has looked a step off everything Spurs. Half the player we saw at Swansea. Spurs' second striker conundrum continues.

Lucas Moura - 5/10 - Too early to tell. As Poch said he's a signing for next season due to PSG wasting him away. Has looked bright in spells and am hugely excited to see him next season.

Vorm/Gazza/KWP - N/A - All deputised well, just not enough to warrant a ranking. KWP especially I want to see much more of next season.

In summary, a good season considering we played away all season. Cannot wait to get back the The Lane.

COYS!

I pretty much agree with all of that. Trying to find something to argue about but failing to do so. :-(

Ha, good work!

Manager rating? 8.5/10 - Poch has juggled the demands of the PL and CL very well plus handled the Wembley move with class and dignity. Some failings in a couple of big games (you know which ones!) and subs could be used earlier but overall he's had a very good season. Again!

I pretty much agree with all of that. Trying to find something to argue about but failing to do so. :-(

Ha, good work!

Manager rating? 8.5/10 - Poch has juggled the demands of the PL and CL very well plus handled the Wembley move with class and dignity. Some failings in a couple of big games (you know which ones!) and subs could be used earlier but overall he's had a very good season. Again!
Manager rating! Great shout. I'm gonna add.

Erik Lamela - 6/10 - Most of us chuffed to see the boy's return. Inconsistent as expected from such a spell out but does a great job off the bench for Poch. Called Wilshere a pussy and fucked up Fabregas. Bump it to a 7 just for that.

COYS!

Pretty much spot on for me.... Though i think Sissoko deserves an extra mark to take him the right side of 5/10.... Hasn't done much wrong apart from being expensive (a pricetag he did not set).

Would do the same for Aurier too were it not for the grey hairs he's caused on a couple of occasions.

Edit: ....And Lamela is 1000/10 cos being NW1Spur NW1Spur is for mugs.

Wembley Stadium - 2/10 - It ain't home. It's an atmosphere vacuum and it's out of the way for most of youse. Shithouse.

Fans - 10/10 - As always. Breaking records that Chelsea won't beat. Nights like Madrid. Away days. Legends.

Wembley Stadium - 2/10 - It ain't home. It's an atmosphere vacuum and it's out of the way for most of youse. Shithouse.

Fans - 10/10 - As always. Breaking records that Chelsea won't beat. Nights like Madrid. Away days. Legends.

Harsh on Wembley there plus it's a lot closer for some of us.

I'd give Wembley 7/10 but purely for all the big games. We showed up on and off the pitch (Liverpool, Real, Man United, Woolwich) and because of it for this season only we were the most attended club in Europe.

Fans? You're all cunts, 2/10.

Harsh on Wembley there plus it's a lot closer for some of us.

I'd give Wembley 7/10 but purely for all the big games. We showed up on and off the pitch (Liverpool, Real, Man United, Woolwich) and because of it for this season only we were the most attended club in Europe.

Fans? You're all cunts, 2/10.
I live 10 minutes from Wembley. It's lovely for me. But the place isn't Tottenham. It's not home. I think you're right though, I'm being harsh.

Hugo Lloris - 7/10 - Indecision crept into his game this season. It's, apart from his reflexes, his biggest asset, he makes his mind up quickly and commits to it. This season he's made his mind up not as quickly and then not always committed to that decision. His kicking has actually improved in the 2nd half of this season. He's a terrific Captain, eloquent and represents the Club so well. Always says the right thing after a win or a loss and commands a huge amount of respect from this young side.

Kieran Trippier - 5/10 - I've said all before so will not bore, suffice to say he's our worst player by quite some margin. Hope he makes it to Russia then we can make some serious cash when we sell, and we really, really should sell. (His crossing is woeful, a good crosser of the ball finds a player on your own team, it's that simple).

Davinson Sanchez - 8.0/10 - Love him. A real quality player, what he has been able to do this season in only his 2nd year playing in a first team as a professional is truly incredible. He is the man we have trusted to chase down every ball over the top of our high-line, he has dealt with this with only twice (from memory) the oppo scoring as a result of him being beaten. He is tenacious, aggressive and even when a striker has gotten the better of him in the first phase of their duel, he's been so quick to recover and get back, slow up the attack or make the tackle. Needs to work on his shorter passing game and his heading (all our CB's are weak in the air). Bright future.

Jan Vertonghen - 9.5/10 - Without doubt his best season with us, surpassing last years (he was better than Toby last year too) and his first season with us. His positioning has been immaculate and I could watch him bring the ball out of defence all day long. A true leader within this team, not done by screaming or shouting like a madman, but leads by example taking the game to the oppo. Player of the season.

Ben Davies - 7.5/10 - Really impressive season. For me the biggest standout from him is to perform with such consistency all season game after game with minimal rotation, this can't be underestimated enough given the demands of that position, Walker and Rose both benefited with significant rotation and rest time when they played. He lacks what I like in an FB which is pace and the ability to go on the outside of the oppo keeping play stretched but he makes up for this in spades with his work on the inside.

Eric Dier - 7.0/10 - Love Eric, he's been quite this year, out of the media spot light and post match interviews, not sure why but feel as a result of this many have taken a more negative view on him this year. For me he's got one annoying trait a that's a lazy pass, he will give one of these away every game. The only other area he is limited in is when he's pressed he's prone to losing his 1v1. But make no mistake he is a vital cog for us and mark my words he is about to have a fantastic World Cup (whether England are remains to be seen) but for me International football really suits his game.

Mousa Dembele - 6/10 - A low mark, but impossible to give higher given the limitations of his injuries this season, namely unable to compete 90mins in the first half of the season and latter parts too. That said, he's my favourite footballer to watch, I adore him and that sequence of game he strung together at our toughest run of fixtures i can ever remember he was the main man in all of them, bossing Juve, Man U, the scum, beautiful. I do not want to see him leave but accept with good grace if he does.

Heung min-Son - 7.5/10 - Super player, what is not to like about a two footed AM! When in full flow twisting and turning there are few better, he has a super shot on him too. There is still a lot more to come from him as he has settled well into the side but on a number of occasions he's not on the same wavelength as Dele, Eriksen and Kane and in recent weeks it's been far to easy for the oppo to shut him down and our attacks too. Highlight of the year was his goal against West Ham and him silencing their racist cunts and ending the career of Barzagli.

Dele Alli - 8/10 - I'll stand firm on this and will not be swayed by anyone, he's been excellent this year despite what everyone has said about him. He has performed a different role, been playing a lot deeper than last year, just looks at the numbers, not as many goals but many more assists! He's a terrific presser of the ball and never stops running be that to draw the defenders away from Kane or arriving late into the box. One of the reasons why Kane score so many gaols is Dele. Something else to ponder, especially as we head to off to Russia and that's his temperament, so often maligned, wrongly, but think on this, he has been booed and jeered all season, the more this has been done the more he has rammed that down the throats of those doing it. I'd argue Kane hasn't been able to do this, he's shrunk, his performances dropped off as a result(??) maybe. But one thing that is crystal clear Dele sucks up the abuse and feeds off it, plays better as a result and that is the sign of a mega star.

Christian Eriksen - 9.0/10 - Only reason why I'm not giving him player of the season is because of consistency, Jan has just pipped on on that front. That said, I think we would get buy without Jan (not in the big games) but without Eriksen we don't sing. Beautiful player to watch, his intelligence greatly underrated, he knows when to drop deep to find the space.

Harry Kane - 8.0/10 - Might have marked him down too far here, sorry, I'm fighting with myself over it as I type. Without any doubt our talisman of the side, he is us when he wears our shirt. I've marked him down this season by half a point or so only because he hasn't quite been as dominant this season LOL at myself for typing that, so what's different in my eyes this year is you never see him wrapped up by CB's, this year he has been on a number of occasions. In previous seasons he has dragged those CB's all over the place taking them out to the touch-line if necessary, this season he's been more static, more between the 18yrd box. I'm not talking every game but more than last year. His pressing has also not been a feature this year and I think this has caused us some issues in conceding more chances on our goal. I am nitpicking, so chill if I'm riding anyone up whilst reading this, he is one of the best strikers in the world and I'm critiquing him as such, ergo Ronaldo early part of this season was written off as he couldn't score for love nor money, it comes with the territory I'm afraid.

Serge Aurier - 5/10 - All the ingredients are there. He's a better crosser of the ball than Trips and can get past the oppo on his own ability. He needs to know when to go tight and when to drop off and of cause when to stay on his feet. These are easy things to get right, with a pre-season under him I expect to see more of him next term.

Toby Alderweireld - 4/10 - Not even worthy of a score to be honest as he's hardly kicked a ball. Spurs fans need to be careful of building him up too much into a halo effect. He's not perfect, Jan was better than him last season and I feel the circus that surrounds him now is actually elevating him better than he actual deserves. He's completed ONE season with us in three, so he unfortunately is a passenger and certainly not meriting of the money being mentioned right now. He's quality but his not God (mistakes in FA Cup Semi, against West Ham, shocking performances against lower league oppo prove this).

Juan Foyth - N/A - Love him. Looks great on the ball, like how he's dealt with the physicality of the game, especially as he's been the direct target, Strikers thinking they can put him under pressure with big tackles and elbows to the face, he's received a blooded nose in everyone one of his appearances and has been highly impressive.

Danny Rose - N/A - Nothing to say, just now starting to look a bit better, but has barely kicked a ball. Karma.

Victor Wanyama - 6/10 - Thought his best game of the season was against Newcastle and still didn't look fully up to speed. Hope he can work on his injury and have a good pre-season where he can be at the same level as the rest of the team and one that we all saw last year, when he was sublime. What a hit against Liverpool though!!!

Harry Winks - N/A - Keep working hard fella, get back out there again. Been a joy to watch you play.

Moussa Sissoko - 7/10 - Not a good footballer but has done exactly what Poch has asked him to do. Been the most ridiculous abuse from Spurs fans who seem to think that when his playing as DM he should be running up the line taking players on, the football intelligence in our fanbase is so poor, but no doubt the same ones abusing Walker, Rose for years. For me I'd like to see him sold so we can get Onomah in the side, he's one of our own and the ceiling is much higher with him.

Erik Lamela - 6/10 - Delighted to see him fit and back playing again, fingers crossed his injuries are a thing of the past and next season we get to see this wonderful aggressive, committed and skilful lad.

Fernando Llorente - N/A - Very disappointed to be fair, Madrid game aside was expecting a lot more. Think some of this was also our fault, it's clear we don't play to a plan B, I'm fine with this, it just confirmation that we shouldn't waste our time in buying a plan B direct striker in the future.

Lucas Moura - N/A - Early days, got to say he has the potential for us all to get out of our seats. I'm concerned however that he will find his way into the side as his defensive side of the game is lacking (WBA's goal came from a corner that resulted in him giving away the ball in midfield and was unable to win it back).

Vorm/Gazzanega - Great performance from Gazzanega in the Cup(?) And I love Vorm we are lucky to have such a good number 2.

KWP - N/A
- Would have loved to see more of him this season, for me he's a better footballer than Tripps but probably isn't as fit/strong as him yet(??). Good to see him still with a beeming smile on his face shaking the hands of the lads at the end of the game, no sulks and clearly part of the team. Hopefully next year is his year.

Mauricio Pochettino - 9/10 Class.

Last edited:
Llori - 6/10
Vorm - 5/10
Gazzaniza

Trippier - 7/10
Aurier - 5/10
KWP
Davies - 7/10
Rose - 5/10

Sanchez - 7/10
Vertonghen - 9 /10
Aldeweireld - 7/10
Foyth

Dier - 7/10
Dembele - 8/10
Wanyama - 4/10
Sissoko - 5/10
Winks

Alli - 7/10
Son - 7/10
Eriksen - 9/10
Lucas
Lamela - 7/10

Kane - 9/10
Llorente - 3/10

Bit harsh on Wembley. Glad to be leaving but it gave us the chance to rebuild our home and for that we should be grateful, also gave us a chance to prove we can fill a huge stadium which we did easily. In that respect we impressed.

Hugo - 6/10 - A few too many errors but overall solid as always.
Vorm - 6/10 - Good quality back up whenever called upon as usual.
Gazzaniga - N/A - Good game against Palace.

Trippier - 6/10 - Overall decent season but still have a nagging feeling he isn't quite good enough to be first choice for the level we're aspiring to reach.
Aurier - 5/10 - Huge fan but clearly needs a lot of work, both mentally and physically.
Sanchez - 8/10 - Outstanding debut season, will only improve.
Toby - 6/10 - Has looked excellent as always when he's played but season marred by injury and off field speculation.
Jan - 9.5/10 - Joy to watch. Player of the year and easily best centre back in the league IMO.
Davies - 7/10 - Really like him and he's had a great season, but similar to Trippier I think I'd prefer him as a squad player and have a more athletic first choice left back.
Rose - 5/10 - Barely played and when he has he's been bang average. Wouldn't put me up or down if he stays or goes.
Foyth - N/A - Looks very promising but too early to properly judge.
KWP - N/A - Same as Foyth.

Dier - 6.5/10 - Very middle of the road season. Really needs to solidify a long term position next season IMO.
Wanyama - 6/10 - Injury hit season and looked shaky when he played.
Dembele - 7/10 - Incredible run of form mid season sandwiched between a lacklustre beginning and end to season. As much as I love him I think if we were to replace him with a top quality signing his departure wouldn't be as big a loss as some fear.
Winks - 6.5/10 - Absolute class at the beginning of the season. Really hope his rehab has worked and he can get a good pre season under his belt. Massive potential.
Sissoko - 5/10 - Attitude and effort can't be questioned but the guy is simply woefully unsuitable to the way we play. Will be very disappointed if we don't sign an upgrade on him this summer.
Eriksen - 9/10. Top class. Improving every season. Arguably our most important player.
Dele - 7.5 - Not quite reaching the heights of last season but still very good and a lot of his criticism has been unwarranted IMO.
Lamela - 6/10 - The way he has returned from such a long lay off is very admirable. He is unfortunately never going to reach the heights we all thought he might but I would still keep him as a squad player unless a clear upgrade became available.
Sonny - 7.5/10 - Class player and very underrated, but he does have a tendency to hit horrible patches of form, such as the one he's in right now. Needs to eradicate this if he is to be seen as truly world class.
Lucas - N/A - Like the look of him. Hope we see more of him next season

Kane - 8.5/10 - Top drawer. Best number 9 in Europe even allowing for his patchy form since his return from injury.
Llorente - 4/10 - An experiment that failed. Was never going to suit our play style.

Pochettino - 9/10 - Top class, woudln't swap him for any manager in the world and can't wait for him to lead us into the new stadium in September.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom