Tottenham exiles

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hearing that Tottenham are considering Wembley for Next SEASON champion league ties.

This would be a big betrayal of our magnificent White Hart lane. Surely in our last season at the lane it would be entirely fitting that the Cl ties should be in a cauldron synonymous with glory nights.

I am torn on this. For our last, and only, run in the CL you couldn't get a ticket for love nor money. As it is our last year at The Lane I would expect the tickets would be even harder to acquire therefore leaving many people disappointed. If there is any truth in the stories that upto 7,000 seats are lost in the Paxton then this would mean only a total of 2,000 seats available to non-season ticket holders.

But seeing so many empty seats the past couple of seasons on an EL night, only for them to now be filled by glory hunters perhaps it's not a bad thing after all.

On a purely football related issue, playing our games at Wembley wouldn't be easy. It is the excuse for a shit display when the scum did it whilst having their stadium built.

The idea of one last round of "Glory, Glory nights" at the Lane is hugely appealing. But if a huge portion of the ground is boarded off, the atmosphere suffers (I think Everton had that problem for a while).

On the other hand, the chances are we wouldn't fill Wembley either (especially early group games v the smaller teams).

On balance, the heart has to rule the head on this one. Play the games at the Lane. Just imagine a cold winter's drizzly night under the floodlights and in front of a partisan crowd. Barcelona won't last 10 minutes!
:walker-scream:

Reluctantly I think this is probably for the best. With the dismantling of the old WHL this coming season the capacity will be reduced by approximately 20%. Hardly a small amount. It's not like we won't still be playing there in the PL. I think this is a situation where practicality has to come before emotion.

I can remember years ago when rebuilding one stand that fans were only on 3 sides. Atmosphere was crap and our results were not good.
Won the FA cup with games against Qpr replay Hull Coventry and Exeter with 3 sides.The first game with out the Old West Stand was against WBA we were losing 3-0 at half time a lot left to queue up for WHU away tickets in the league cup quarter final I know I did...misssed a rare in them days Steve Perryman goal we lost 2-3

Long as we keep WHL for the league I don't have an issue. As many fans as possible should have the chance to see us against Barca or Real IMO. It will be more special with 40-50K of us (I assume that would be the limit at Wembley).

Guys we ain't loosing White Hart Lane, we are getting a massive upgraded White Hart Lane, 4 stands not a bowl like Arse or Spam, seats close to the pitch in the SAME PLACE.

Leaving Upton Park is massive for Spam because they leaving their pubs and their old fashioned bear pit of a stadium to move to Corporatesville with a bowl style stadium with seats miles from the pitch. They are selling their soul for something they won't even own, our plans are more a massive upgrade.

I'd happily move into the new stadium next season given the brilliant plans we have, I'd cry if we got an athletics stadium on the other hand.

Back
Top Bottom