Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I,m torn! I Was, am a TC fan. An for that reason,oddly, I want to see him now move on. I just don't see him getting enough game time at Spurs, to see his career progress. Think a move to Swansea or Sunderland under Poyet might be good for him.

Honestly, I'd like to possibly see him get a loan to Saints. Might help repair relations a bit, and then see how he does with a full season under his belt in the Prem. Really his only chance at this point to get a leg back up on Bentaleb (a Prem loan that is, not necessarily to Saints).

Honestly, I'd like to possibly see him get a loan to Saints. Might help repair relations a bit.

So we take their manager who rejuvenated them. And we give them a player who was a spectacular flop in a lower league to repair relations?

I'm sure that will drop their panties to raid thier top players/staff in the future eh?

Pritchard aswell? I though he was more a winger or offensive midfielder while Carroll is a more deep-lying CM?

That's kinda my point. The last thing this team needs is more possession and a midfielder that can't score IMO.

I just read that paulinhos goals this season were the most from a central midfielder since Jermaine Jenas. That is a damning stat that needs to change.

Honestly, I'd like to possibly see him get a loan to Saints. Might help repair relations a bit, and then see how he does with a full season under his belt in the Prem. Really his only chance at this point to get a leg back up on Bentaleb (a Prem loan that is, not necessarily to Saints).
who actually gives a fuck about our "relations" with Southampton?

Not actually part of the conversation, but as an aside, I do believe the gap between the Championship and the Premiership is smaller than its ever been.

The quality threre is a lot better than it gets credit for, and if you think over recent years more and more teams are getting promoted playing good football - and continue to play good football AND stay up.

I know you don't as a fan, but if it gives us a better chance with any players we may look to acquire from them in the future then it's to no harm. It's not about fan-to-fan relations.
if we really wanted we could sign whatever player we wanted form them (bar maybe Lallana). sounds cocky but it's a fact. clubs don't care about relations these days, they care about money & if we offer them enough they will sell to us.

if we really wanted we could sign whatever player we wanted form them (bar maybe Lallana). sounds cocky but it's a fact. clubs don't care about relations these days, they care about money & if we offer them enough they will sell to us.

Yep. Money talks. And Lev is so hated by boards he even falls out with teams we have business and development agreements in place.

Last edited:

Of course, but things going that smoothly is assuming we're the only club going in for the hypothetical player.

Gareth Bale (a genetic freak) saved their season. Modric is class, but we had Bale and Modric and could not finish above Woolwich. You take Bale out of Real? They had to sign the most expensive player in HISTORY to stop their slide. Modric joined them and they had their worst start in decades. They won nothing and had to turn to a powerful modern athlete like Bale to save their bacon.

They spent a billion on that team. I'm realistic.

Also talking about Carroll in this company is IMO the Lamelaphant in the room. Its like saying Danny Rose can be Ashley Close because he's quick. It's the lowest form of formum one upmanship because players are individuals.
This individual just got TERRIBLE reviews in a championship team. Lets not get carried away and start talking about CL champs eh?

"Lamelaphant in the room"
You can be such a tit but that is comedy gold IMV.

Last edited:
Hearing whispers that Tom Carroll is on the verge of joining Derby on loan.
I thought it was now or never this season with us, so it would seem we clearly don't think he's good enough for the squad.
That would be a great move for him if true. Derby play some really good attacking football, and I think he would fit in really well there. Mclaren puts a lot of faith in younger players as well

players develop at different rates so I wouldn't be to quick to write him off just yet

most important he needs to be playing week in week out and he won't get that here as of yet

Doubt theres room for Mason AND Carroll, one would have to go on loan. Otherwise we'd have Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho, Mason, Holtby, Eriksen, Sandro Carroll and Bentaleb all fighting for what will probably be 3 central midfield places. 9 players for 3 positions is a bit much, we could probably do with losing 2 of those.

Carroll did himself no favors on loan last year or the American tour. We need to give him a permanent transfer.

If he gets engulfed and bullied by us teams, he will be obliterated in the prem.

Carroll did himself no favors on loan last year or the American tour. We need to give him a permanent transfer.

If he gets engulfed and bullied by us teams, he will be obliterated in the prem.

I was really expecting a lot more from Carroll on the USA tour. Granted it was just a brief viewing, I didnt think he took advantage of an opportunity.

I was really expecting a lot more from Carroll on the USA tour. Granted it was just a brief viewing, I didnt think he took advantage of an opportunity.

Yep. He failed to back up capoue who was tangling with 2 people for one of the goals. Him and holtby were just standing ball watching yards away.

There was obvious danger unfolding that needed to be cut out. It's part of dembeles game that is unsung. He would have bailed him out and given them a moose to deal with.

Mason showed a lot more nouse and awareness.

Back
Top Bottom