Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tiny Dancers. The lot of them

I still think it's messed up what Eriksen did to Carroll.

837272847.gif

Really? Because rewind a year ago the hype was very very different.

Now it was obvious he would struggle eh? I get that a lot. I was in the minority claiming this. In fact I was a troll apparently.

The Championship is not a linear regression from the Prem, it is a different beast altogether with a much more physical style of play and far less modern tactics. This combined with the pressure of at QPR to return to the Prem and the fact the players of the Championship probably put a bit more energy in their step when taking on a player on loan from a big Prem club did not bode well for a player that does massively shy away from the physical game.

The Championship is not a linear regression from the Prem, it is a different beast altogether with a much more physical style.

You are like a walking cliche.

The prem is more intense physically. There are better athletes in the prem with better engines. The difference maker is the prem has the relentless power of the championship (only more) AND MORE SKILL which results in less lumping up the pitch.

You think Swansea made it out of there with big dumb animals?

Harry IMO is a bad manager. But he was right about one thing. When the west ham kids went on loan the lampards etc wrecked that shit. Nobody was making excuses for them.

Last edited:
You are like a walking cliche.

The prem is more intense physically. There are better athletes in the prem with better engines. The difference maker is the prem has the relentless power of the championship (only more) AND MORE SKILL which results in less lumping up the pitch.

You think Swansea made it out of there with big dumb animals?

:paulinhofacepalm: It's like trying to teach a kindergartner algebra. I suppose the idea of referee influence in front of the cameras has quite literally never entered your forebrain has it?

:paulinhofacepalm: It's like trying to teach a kindergartner algebra. I suppose the idea of referee influence in front of the cameras has quite literally never entered your forebrain has it?

You drunk brah? I mean that is quite the tangent when it comes to excuse making.

You drunk brah? I mean that is quite the tangent when it comes to excuse making.

And therein lies the problem, you see a tangent when the point is directly at the center of the circle. That you believe my point a tangent only serves to further build the case that you've no idea what you're talking about.

Hey ya got me. He was killing it in the part timer league but I suppose that does count as pro football.

The fact that I did not know modrics league goals in the murky arsehole of 2003 minnow/unpronounceable league is a shocking lack of knowledge.
Hold on. You gave a stat about Modric's goal tally throughout his career. Just because you don't recognise his goals in Croatia, that doesn't mean they don't count. Speaking of counting, you seem to struggle with it.

It is pro football. That's not opinion. That's fact.

I didn't know it either. But you brought it up. Then you looked it up, and still got it wrong. If you don't know the facts, look them up. And then when you do, get them right!

Hold on. You gave a stat about Modric's goal tally throughout his career. Just because you don't recognise his goals in Croatia, that doesn't mean they don't count. Speaking of counting, you seem to struggle with it.

It is pro football. That's not opinion. That's fact.

I didn't know it either. But you brought it up. Then you looked it up, and still got it wrong. If you don't know the facts, look them up. And then when you do, get them right!

You brought up Modric. And I said I did recognize his goals in Croatia. And I didn't even claim Scholes etc scored more. Just said it would be a fun fact. And the whole point was to state that you compared Modric to players who scored and assisted for fun in the prem.

But like I said...You won. Enjoy.

Luka Catalina Wine Mixer Modric
:vdvhmm:

Get off this board with that shit. You don't want to discuss topics when you get called out? Jog on.

He didnt say anything!

"I suppose the idea of referee influence in front of the cameras has quite literally never entered your forebrain has it?"

"And therein lies the problem, you see a tangent when the point is directly at the center of the circle. That you believe my point a tangent only serves to further build the case that you've no idea what you're talking about."

What do I have to work with? What the flying fuck does that have to do with performing well on loan?

You brought up Modric. And I said I did recognize his goals in Croatia. And I didn't even claim Scholes etc scored more. Just said it would be a fun fact. And the whole point was to state that you compared Modric to players who scored and assisted for fun in the prem.

But like I said...You won. Enjoy.

Luka Catalina Wine Mixer Modric
:vdvhmm:
That's complete bollocks but for the sake of the thread we'll leave it there.

He didnt say anything!

"I suppose the idea of referee influence in front of the cameras has quite literally never entered your forebrain has it?"

"And therein lies the problem, you see a tangent when the point is directly at the center of the circle. That you believe my point a tangent only serves to further build the case that you've no idea what you're talking about."

What do I have to work with?

This is simply your admission that it all went entirely over your head, not that there wasn't any substance to it.

This is simply your admission that it all went entirely over your head, not that there wasn't any substance to it.

Please...tell me: Tell me what that paragraph about refs etc has to do with Tom Carroll? And what I claimed about West Ham players?

I'm not even going to drag you over the coals on it...You are American. I don't expect you to get the ref about Joe Cole, Lampard, Rio Ferdinand etc going on loan early on and standing out. Michael Carrick did it too...

When they were sent out to the lower leagues, did they suffer: "referee influence in front of the cameras"

Whatever that means? Please spell it out to me...

Please...tell me: Tell me what that paragraph about refs etc has to do with Tom Carroll? And what I claimed about West Ham players?

I'm not even going to drag you over the coals on it...You are American. I don't expect you to get the ref about Joe Cole, Lampard, Rio Ferdinand etc going on loan early on and standing out. Michael Carrick did it too...

When they were sent out to the lower leagues, did they suffer: "referee influence in front of the cameras"

Whatever that means? Please spell it out to me...

Mate this is just more of your typical shit tactics of sidestepping, making references to stuff that aren't even relevant. You'll note in the original post of question, referring to the referees, I left the bit out of your post about West Ham. You know good n well that's not at all relevant to the point, despite your obliviousness to other points.

But as for the topic, and your question, I'll be happy to spell it out for you since you politely asked with "please." It's quite simple really:

The Premier League is not as physical as the Championship because fouls are called more often due to the exposure (cameras). Due to the transparency, it's a commonly known fact that the more exposure any given professional league has due to broadcasting, the closer to home they make their calls. There's no real harm done if referees are accused of calling a game to tight, especially since it's a trend across top leagues in Europe, but if people worldwide see a game that's not called closely enough and someone gets hurt then they have serious questions to handle. As the exposure has increased, proportionally has the tightness of calls. This is not as much of a case in the lower leagues which are primarily only broadcasted in the UK.

Capish?

fouls are called more often due to the exposure (cameras). Due to the transparency, it's a commonly known fact that the more exposure any given professional league has due to broadcasting, the closer to home they make their calls.

Capish?

24xnhfn.gif

They have cameras...and 10's of thousands of fans watching and listening...And...Pro refs...and...oh my fucking god...my head. My eyes. My stars. Head, shoulder knees and toes that a weaksauce argument/excuse.

They have cameras...and 10's of thousands of fans watching and listening...And...Pro refs...and...oh my fucking god...my head. My eyes. My stars. Head, shoulder knees and toes that a weaksauce argument/excuse.

So let me be sure I perfectly understand you here, you're suggesting that the exposure of the SkyBet Championship is even remotely comparable to the exposure of the Barclays Premier League? Do I have that correct?

- Let's litter another thread.

Sigh. You're right. Everything after this:

I understand just fine. Modric does not have the ability in front of goal that Scholes and Fabregas has. THAT is why he plays the position he does. Not because of his ability. He does not have it in his locker. He's not a lock picker or a goal scorer. He's a sad withdrawn pass monkey with an engine from hell. And a fucking good one.

was quite frankly irrelevant. My sincere apologies.

However, as for a change in subject and a call to end hostilities, I think Gibbs is absolutely right that the rise of Bentaleb will spell the end of Carroll at Spurs.

I,m torn! I Was, am a TC fan. An for that reason,oddly, I want to see him now move on. I just don't see him getting enough game time at Spurs, to see his career progress. Think a move to Swansea or Sunderland under Poyet might be good for him.

Back
Top Bottom