Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just think it's amusing he continues to evaluate the worth of deep-lying playmakers on how many goals they've scored. Please Gibbs, for your own sake, try to make an effort to understand the position and its role.

I understand just fine. Modric does not have the ability in front of goal that Scholes and Fabregas has. THAT is why he plays the position he does. Not because of his ability. He does not have it in his locker. He's not a lock picker or a goal scorer. He's a sad withdrawn pass monkey with an engine from hell. And a fucking good one.

My quote

I wonder if Fabracunt or Scholes etc scored almost as many league goals in one season than Modric did in his entire pro career?
Your embolding refers to Scholes and Fabrigas.

"than Modric did in his entire pro career?"

In short you wonder if either of Fabrigas or Scholes scored more league goals than the total of goals scored by Modric.

This argument is pointless. :soldadowatch:

Real Madrid won their last game, against Espanyol. Modric didn't play. Bale and Ronaldo did. Bale scored.

Even though I got the last game wrong...Doesn't that prove my point? When they were out they lost one and drew one. They came back and won. Because the previous games with Modders pulling the strings and no Bale put them in a space where it was mathematically impossible to win in the last game of the season.

I understand just fine. Modric does not have the ability in front of goal that Scholes and Fabregas has. THAT is why he plays the position he does. Not because of his ability. He does not have it in his locker. He's not a lock picker or a goal scorer. He's a sad withdrawn pass monkey with an engine from hell. And a fucking good one.
Is this why Messi doesn't play as a keeper? :lloris:

:capouestare: Incredible.

ME: Carroll is not good enough for Spurs and Bentaleb is.
Millbanks: Luka Modric.

i+don+t+hear+anything+different+than+normal+rap+_0a297ccb1283e2926201f5756b6601b7.gif

Lie.

I just checked. Modders has scored less than 20 league goals in his entire pro career in all clubs according to ESPN.
Even if you count his goals on ESPN it amounts to 32 goals. But even that is not his number of OVERALL career goals.

ME: Carroll is not good enough for Spurs and Bentaleb is.
Millbanks: Luka Modric.

i+don+t+hear+anything+different+than+normal+rap+_0a297ccb1283e2926201f5756b6601b7.gif
Just for info, Modric has 60 LEAGUE goals in his career http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=43862

Don't make me seem the cunt when you've spent the last 2 pages making absurd claims based on goal stats and "genetic freaks" of nature.

I'd put £100 on that you actually watch very little football besides Spurs matches, as you seem intent on suggesting players are good or bad based on their goal and assist stats, rather than how they actually play.

And all this, when from the off I actually said I AGREE with you about Carroll not being good enough!

Even though I got the last game wrong...Doesn't that prove my point? When they were out they lost one and drew one. They came back and won. Because the previous games with Modders pulling the strings and no Bale put them in a space where it was mathematically impossible to win in the last game of the season.
No it doesn't prove your point. There's 10 other blokes on the pitch. And they were missing Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema. Isco played up top and Casemiro on the wing. Every team in the world would miss those 3 players. Modric isn't going to win it single-handedly.

Just for info, Modric has 60 LEAGUE goals in his career http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=43862

Don't make me seem the cunt when you've spent the last 2 pages making absurd claims based on goal stats and "genetic freaks" of nature.

I'd put £100 on that you actually watch very little football besides Spurs matches, as you seem intent on suggesting players are good or bad based on their goal and assist stats, rather than how they actually play.

And all this, when from the off I actually said I AGREE with you about Carroll not being good enough!

Don't worry, I can assure you we all saw his post you cited and thought less of him for it than you. He relentlessly brings up Modric in his tirade against Carroll and the tiny-dancers, so he's done nothing but make himself appear all the more absurd by trying to make you look ridiculous for making the connection.

If he even had a viable opinion on the position related to Carroll, he butchered it with this anyway:

Even if you count his goals on ESPN it amounts to 32 goals. But even that is not his number of OVERALL career goals.

Hey ya got me. He was killing it in the part timer league but I suppose that does count as pro football.

The fact that I did not know modrics league goals in the murky arsehole of 2003 minnow/unpronounceable league is a shocking lack of knowledge.

If he even had a viable opinion on the position related to Carroll, he butchered it with this anyway:

What about the part where I said Carroll would do exactly what he just did at qpr years before he did it?

Tappy tappy soft and almost zero cutting edge?

I called it regarding Carroll. That is the subject right? MOST QPR FANS CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BACK OF HIM.

My fav comment from a QPR fan was the one that said we are not allowed to call Carroll shit because if you do you don't understand football apparently.

The sarcasm and poignancy was not lost on me.

What about the part where I said Carroll would do exactly what he just did at qpr years before he did it?

Tappy tappy soft and almost zero cutting edge?

I called it regarding Carroll. That is the subject right? MOST QPR FANS CANT WAIT TO SEE THE BACK OF HIM.

My fav comment from a QPR fan was the one that said we are not allowed to call Carroll shit because if you do you don't understand football apparently.

The sarcasm and poignancy was not lost on me.

It wasn't hard to predict Carroll would struggle in the Championship. What is hard however, is to believe you know what you're talking about when you say Modric plays as a DLP because of an "inability in front of goal."

Seriously, this discussion is retarded. Modric supplanted Xabi Alonso, a World Cup, domestic league and Champions League winner as a deep lying playmaker, a position that doesn't ask for goals.

He has just won a Champions League medal himself and is an integral part of Real's squad. What on earth have goals got to do with it? Alonso is regarded as one of the best players in his position and barely ever scored goals, why should Modric? What about Xavi or Pirlo? Complete nonsense

It wasn't hard to predict Carroll would struggle in the Championship.

Really? Because rewind a year ago the hype was very very different.

Now it was obvious he would struggle eh? I get that a lot. I was in the minority claiming this. In fact I was a troll apparently.

Back
Top Bottom