Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the shit-stirrers surface trying to unsettle one of our best players. Toby gives me the impression that he is happy at Spurs and has bought into Poch's vision so please get a bloody move on with a new contract Daniel, and get rid of any release clause while you're at it.
Toby is one of a couple of players we cannot afford to lose at any price - he is the glue that holds our defence together and creates a solid platform on which to build and makes the whole team play better. Probably my favourite Spurs player since VDV. COYS.

Every Spurs fan should read this. This is called sensible journalism, just shining a light on facts, no click bait.

It would be in the public interest to leak who took the picture of the contract and who paid them to do so.
There should be a footyleaks leaks site where they expose the dodgy cunts that steal the stuff and the despicable cunts that pay for it for nothing else than clicks and ad revenue.

What am I missing here - why would Hugo get bonuses for losing?
He wouldn't be, it's sensationalist wording.
More likely he'd receive a set fee (reportedly 4k) for merely appearing, regardless of a W/L/D, regardless of whether he plays 90 minutes or is subbed off after 15 seconds.

He'd then get a bonus for a win, which is where the 8k comes in.

He wouldn't be, it's sensationalist wording.
More likely he'd receive a set fee (reportedly 4k) for merely appearing, regardless of a W/L/D, regardless of whether he plays 90 minutes or is subbed off after 15 seconds.

He'd then get a bonus for a win, which is where the 8k comes in.
Yeah, this is all nonsense. Write the phrase "Appearance Fee" and nobody bats an eye because it's part of most top player's contracts. Write that a player receives a bonus for losing and mouth-breathing idiots lose their minds.

More info on his contract

'Tottenham expect to strike a new deal with Toby Alderweireld long before his £25million release clause can be activated.
Details of Alderweireld's current contract, worth £50,000-a-week plus appearance bonuses, were revealed by the website Football Leaks on Monday, and expanded upon on Tuesday by Belgian newspaper Le Soir.
These included a clause which seemed to offer rivals the chance to buy the Belgium international centre half in his peak years at an attractive price.

However, the clause cannot be triggered until the summer of 2019 when the contract is due to end, by which time Alderweireld will be 30.
Even then it will be only be until 14 days before the end of the window, and only if Spurs take up the option to extend his contract by one more year, to 2020.
It was inserted by Tottenham as a form of protection against Alderweireld walking on a Bosman free at the end of his deal if they wanted to keep him.

15349636_1148744838554320_6941062564065449515_n.jpg

As we welcome the world's best defender back to the team, it must surely be way overdue that he was given the honour of having his own song.
In an attempt to kick start a flurry of righteous 'Toby hymns', I have endeavoured to pen a ditty that may spur (pun intended) members of TFC to even greater and more inspirational prose in tribute to and admiration of the magnificent TA.

To the tune of 'Daisy, Daisy'

Toby, Toby,
Give us a goal or two,
We're so crazy, all for our love of you,
The world's great-est defender,
He'll never play for Wenger,
He loves the spurs, the connoiseurs,
In the glorious white and blue

I'll get me coat!

Crazy Horses of course by the Osmonds! The Alderweireld bit is cunningly utilizing the synthesizer. Youtube it.

Crazy Toby! Alderweireld! Alderweireld!
Crazy Toby! Alderweireld! Alderweireld!

it must surely be way overdue that he was given the honour of having his own song.

Adam Ant - Prince Charming

Alderweireld, Alderweireld
In the back four
Nothing to the scared of
Don't you ever, don't you ever
Stop playing beast mode
Show em that you're handy

Duh duh, duh duh YID!
Duh duh, duh duh YID!

Etc.

Didn't Pochettino say that if it wasn't Burnley he would have played? So I imagine it was just a good game to give him some rest before our next game in 10 days time.

Southampton won't be easy.

Back
Top Bottom