To be or not to be

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Finally being offered a season ticket at Spurs is made out to be the ultimate fantasy, but when it actually happens does it live up to the hype? Tim Sowula makes his debut on The Fighting Cock and tells us how it feels to be offered the chance to touch the Holy Grail.

Read article

Great Article this.

I know everyone cites the Bundesliga as the holy grail of how a football association should be run, but it’s interesting that most top tier clubs in Germany restrict their season ticket allocation to less than 50%. This gives all fans a chance to attend even the big games and keeps the blood fresh so to speak.

It’s given even more poignancy with the recent exposure that the gate figures released by the big clubs in the Prem contradict the police figures for game attendance, as the clubs count “tickets sold” and not “bums on seats”.

I remember queuing up and paying at the door way back when, and I think its actually not a bad way of conducting business. However, the police will never allow it, as I should imagine there may be cases of people being turned away in their hundreds for big games. Also I wouldn't want to queue up at the crack of dawn to go to a game now, my poor knees couldn't cope with all that standing!

Back
Top Bottom