Time to move to a 4-4-2

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s time to play like every other fucker in the league and play 4-3-3.

——————lloris——
RB—Romero—Dire—lB
—Sarr—Bentancur—Biss
—Kulu—Kane——Richi
If we somehow get Enrique to replace Conte I suspect that we would roll with some form of version of that one. Swap Sarr and Pierre around as seen fit.

Heck, I think that most likely replacement managers could go with that one.

We should apply for the right to play two keepers at once on account of our current goalkeeper presumably having no fucking hands.

That’s the only formation which will fix us.

If we somehow get Enrique to replace Conte I suspect that we would roll with some form of version of that one. Swap Sarr and Pierre around as seen fit.

Heck, I think that most likely replacement managers could go with that one.

Enrique?

Good fucking god please no make it stop.

,.......................Hugo
Doc....... Romero......Dier....... Perisic
.......... Bentacur......PEH
Kulu........ Richie........Son
................Kane

Let Kane and Richie swap about during the game at will.
Maybe swap Perisic for Son and bring in Davies.

Buy a decent creative AM and let them play
I like 4/2/3/1 but I think we’d get torn apart with our current players.

You need the wide players in the three to be busy fuckers. Even with a great midfield; you would be looking for Son and Kulu to drop in when needed. Son just can’t do that. It’s almost like we’re playing with ten people; off the ball he’s killing us.

And then you really do need your 9 and 10 pressing. I like the idea of Richie and Kane playing together but, it would probably have to be with Kane in the 10.

You need the wide players in the three to be busy fuckers. Even with a great midfield; you would be looking for Son and Kulu to drop in when needed. Son just can’t do that. It’s almost like we’re playing with ten people; off the ball he’s killing us.

And then you really do need your 9 and 10 pressing. I like the idea of Richie and Kane playing together but, it would probably have to be with Kane in the 10.
It's only based on players we currently have.

I'd like to get a creative, central AM in there, but we don't have one.

I'd have the FBs pushing up when in possession and have 1 of the DMs hold , to effectively have a back 3 when in possession to counter any breaks against us.

Agree re Son, which is why I said maybe bring Davies in, drop Son and play Perisic there.

I know he wont change formation but this team I think would work, Prob get a lot of disagrees but I'd even be tempted to play Davies as LB and then look at upgrading in the summer.

New GK
New RB Romero New CB. New LB
SARR. Bentacaur
Kane Clone
Kulu. Kane. Richi

I think that a 4-3-3 suits us better right now.

Set a compact, mid block press similar to what we have in the first half last night. Or pressing triangles. Industrial midfield that battles for the ball constantly and then get the ball to the attackers as fast as possible so that they can have a go at goal on the counter. And use the midfielders to push into the box.

Like how Barcelona did it when Xavi and Iniesta started getting too old and the tiki taka was no longer optimal.

Last edited:
A different formation would help but it does have the feel of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic about it. However happy with anything that gets Hojbjerg and Son out the side at the moment. Want to see more Sarr Bissouma, Gil and who know maybe even Spence. At least give us a glimpse of a brighter future.

It's only based on players we currently have.

I'd like to get a creative, central AM in there, but we don't have one.

I'd have the FBs pushing up when in possession and have 1 of the DMs hold , to effectively have a back 3 when in possession to counter any breaks against us.

Agree re Son, which is why I said maybe bring Davies in, drop Son and play Perisic there.
Yeah, I had hoped that Biss would be exactly that sort of DM, but he just hasn’t settled yet.

Son needs flat out dropping, regardless of formation.

But we’re so reliant on Kulu to create, imo he’s a perfect winger in the 442 formations of the past.

Out wide with 6 players behind him when required.....

vs

Out wide with 6 players behind him when required.....

Much of a much-ness to a large degree.

Back
Top Bottom