THST and the Tottenham transfer policy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No-one thinks the trust handles transfers, what they think is that the trust doesn't want to call the club out on transfers (or indeed other sensitive issues) for fear of being kicked out of the boardroom.

They seem like just another PR exercise for the club to say "We Listen"

And while we're at it, why do these articles have to have the largest font imaginable, it's like reading a primary school book (content aside... usually)

Since the stadium survey from the trust was the most biased survey,I've completed .
So I can't trust their impartially anymore.

No-one thinks the trust handles transfers, what they think is that the trust doesn't want to call the club out on transfers (or indeed other sensitive issues) for fear of being kicked out of the boardroom.

They seem like just another PR exercise for the club to say "We Listen"

And while we're at it, why do these articles have to have the largest font imaginable, it's like reading a primary school book (content aside... usually)
If you've read the minutes of their meetings with the club, they've actually asked Daniel Levy about transfer policy and investment. And he did answer them. The answers aren't popular with many fans, but they're answers none the less.

Martin's point is just that fans blindly lashing out in their media-fuelled sense of desperation tend to melt in all directions, and that really, there's a reason they can't and don't have any input or power in those situations.

If you've read the minutes of their meetings with the club, they've actually asked Daniel Levy about transfer policy and investment. And he did answer them. The answers aren't popular with many fans, but they're answers none the less.

Martin's point is just that fans blindly lashing out in their media-fuelled sense of desperation tend to melt in all directions, and that really, there's a reason they can't and don't have any input or power in those situations.
You mean they were fobbed off and didnt press the point right?

You mean they were fobbed off and didnt press the point right?
Press what point? They asked, Levy answered. You don't have to like the answer, but it is one. Levy seems to have reached a consensus with Pochettino and Mitchell on what the policies will be. Neither you, I, nor THST have a say in it.

Hurling abuse at Levy across the table about something you have no say in, and in fact a profound ignorance of the details of, is useless if you're there to talk about other stuff which matters for fans too, such as ticket prices, allocations and rules at the new stadium. I fail to see how hard this is for people to grasp, but since it is, it's not hard to see why it took THST so long to convince the club they weren't drooling morons. Too many of our fans are, and they drown out the reasonable ones.

Press what point? They asked, Levy answered. You don't have to like the answer, but it is one. Levy seems to have reached a consensus with Pochettino and Mitchell on what the policies will be. Neither you, I, nor THST have a say in it.

Hurling abuse at Levy across the table about something you have no say in, and in fact a profound ignorance of the details of, is useless if you're there to talk about other stuff which matters for fans too, such as ticket prices, allocations and rules at the new stadium. I fail to see how hard this is for people to grasp, but since it is, it's not hard to see why it took THST so long to convince the club they weren't drooling morons. Too many of our fans are, and they drown out the reasonable ones.
This is my issue with the trust in very simple terms...

The membership and the wider fanbase submit their opinions to the trust, who then are charged with taking these points up with the club.

When the club inevitably doesn't answer the question fully or honestly the trust should be pushing back on this. They dont.

The reason for this is probably because by their own admission they worked very hard to get where they are today (a regular audience with Levy/Donna) and don't want to jeopardise this by rocking the boat.

This is my issue with the trust in very simple terms...

The membership and the wider fanbase submit their opinions to the trust, who then are charged with taking these points up with the club.

When the club inevitably doesn't answer the question fully or honestly the trust should be pushing back on this. They dont.

The reason for this is probably because by their own admission they worked very hard to get where they are today (a regular audience with Levy/Donna) and don't want to jeopardise this by rocking the boat.
Well, what do you want, a supporter's trust who angrily harries the board about transfer policy, or a supporter's trust that gets the club to do more for fans on ticketing, the new stadium, and other issues? Diplomacy is required for the latter.

If you want your experience as a fan to improve, then the people who talk to the club about that need to do so in a way that actually convinces them to make changes. Shouting across the table does not do that.

Back
Top Bottom