There are positives

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another positive. The Chavs have just got mullered by Citeh. They have all the money in the world to throw at players, a "master tactician" in charge, & the same points/worse goal difference than us after 2 games. We played away at United(a title contender) & were narrowly beaten. They were soundly thrashed today by Citeh away-another title contender. We should have beaten Stoke at home - they should have beaten Swansea at home. I'm all for this positive stuff.

Last edited:
People yelled at AVB for boring and badly played 1-0 wins. These past two games we have played very well, outplayed United and outplayed Stoke. We had a bad 30 minutes against Stoke and even less bad time against United. Blame Levy for getting our business (that better be done, which i believe will be) too late, but these two games have given me a lot of hope for this season. I believe that we will play attacking and exciting football, which hasn't been seen in a while. Frankly, I don't even care where we finish, I just want to see good performances and victories. We have seen two semi-good performances, just need to finish the job, which will be easier with the new signing(s) (that will come).

I can't say I felt positive when I left the ground yesterday, but having read through this, has made me feel a wee bit better. Think that it was the way the game went that made me feel crap, more than the actual performance, as it felt like a loss. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Positives come when we play a more traditional game that the players seem to understand and respond to much better.

Yesterday there was no "high group press" (vomit) and "zonal counter attack" (lolz).

Just players marking their man, the breaking down of Stokes play, and cohesive, swift movement. Oh and we tried to go forward when we could. Good signs, and 11 of the 13 players used can really pat themselves on the back.

We need some big improvement from the top table though too. IF our constant capitulation and weak mentality is down to Poch having his hands cut off in the transfer market, the only way too really tell is to give him the players he wants.

Personally, I dont think its that simple, and he still has a lot to learn. He has shown some adaptability in our starting 11 (Kane, Dier, Dembele, Davies) and that has been a strong step in the right direction.
But he needs to realise what his current crop are capable of and deal with the fact he wrote off 2 DMs this window.

You dont compensate that by bringing on Lamela.

While it concerns me a lot, we have to stick, and give him a chance with his squad, and I think Levy will, eventually get there over the next few years.

Agree with most of that except the suggestion that we didn't press high. In the first half we pressed high and as soon as we lost the ball, and came away with something like 70% possession. The subs fucked it massively but up until that point was one of the most effective examples of the Poch press that we've seen so far.

I wonder if its possible to participate in a "positives" thread and then continue in your crusade against the perceived tactical inabilities of yet another (Spurs) manager - in a more massively arrogant and cock like manner?

"Personally, I dont think its that simple, and he still has a lot to learn. He has shown some adaptability in our starting 11 (Kane, Dier, Dembele, Davies) and that has been a strong step in the right direction.
But he needs to realise what his current crop are capable of and deal with the fact he wrote off 2 DMs this window.

You dont compensate that by bringing on Lamela
. "

Remind us mere mortals about your trophy winning experience as a premier league manager once more - that allows you to speak in these imperious and patronising tones................
- why don't you?

Fuck me sideways.
RVBi3T1.gif

I wonder if its possible to participate in a "positives" thread and then continue in your crusade against the perceived tactical inabilities of yet another (Spurs) manager - in a more massively arrogant and cock like manner?

"Personally, I dont think its that simple, and he still has a lot to learn. He has shown some adaptability in our starting 11 (Kane, Dier, Dembele, Davies) and that has been a strong step in the right direction.

You dont compensate that by bringing on Lamela
. "

Remind us mere mortals about your trophy winning experience as a premier league manager once more - that allows you to speak in these imperious and patronising tones................
- why don't you?

Fuck me sideways.
RVBi3T1.gif

Its quite disturbing that you think...
Lamela is really not a very good footballer, like Taarabt he has some amazing skills, but seems to have no idea how to apply them. I'm not sure if there is any significance to the fact that if you add his name to that other Spurs misfit - Bent, you can make the word lamentable.
...yet you keep hounding me around various threads about my problem with Poch bringing him on.

You like the fact our manager brings on shit players, and we go from playing well to playing shit?

Its quite disturbing that you think...

...yet you keep hounding me around various threads about my problem with Poch bringing him on.

You like the fact our manager brings on shit players, and we go from playing well to playing shit?
You are an arrogant man Sammy - and if you are not
You post like you are.
You did not know that he would play as badly as he did - and you use the fact that MP cant see the future as a method of (yawn) beating him (yawn) over it.

I have watched you post for the last 6 or 7 years, and you have consistently denigrated all of the managers (in that time) for the "obvious" mistakes that they make - that you can see clearly.
You are a blowhard Walter Mitty wannabe
If you were anywhere as gifted with the prescient knowledge that you consistently claim to have, you would be managing professional teams to glory.

and yet here you are.........

I wouldn't mind, but there is no suggestion that Lamela was (directly, or indirectly) responsible for either of the goals - both of which seem to lie on the shoulders of the two central defenders.

You just needed another excuse to show your superior tactical acumen to yet another underachieving Spurs manager.

Jesus sammy - find another drum to bang.

If I set you up with a twosome with Halle Berry and Kate Upton, you would come on here moaning about how shit they were and how they could improve their performance if............yada yada yada

You are a joyless, miserable and boringly repetitive poster. I am at a loss to see what the fuck you get out of supporting any team, why the fuck did it have to be the one I'm passionate about?

Did I shoot an Albatross of yours?

You did not know that he would play as badly as he did - and you use the fact that MP cant see the future as a method of (yawn) beating him (yawn) over it.

Shit players play shit football. Yes I knew he would be shit. Because he is shit.

I have watched you post for the last 6 or 7 years, and you have consistently denigrated all of the managers (in that time) for the "obvious" mistakes that they make - that you can see clearly.

Yet chosen to ignore where I give them credit for the positives

If you were anywhere as gifted with the prescient knowledge that you consistently claim to have, you would be managing professional teams to glory.

A lifetime in the army has clearly told you that authority should never be challenged and is always right and know your place- So go ahead and be a good little sheep.

I wouldn't mind, but there is no suggestion that Lamela was (directly, or indirectly) responsible for either of the goals - both of which seem to lie on the shoulders of the two central defenders.

Then you dont know what indirectly means

You just needed another excuse to show your superior tactical acumen to yet another underachieving Spurs manager.
Its really not that big of a strange thing to accept professional managers get it wrong. The game yesterday was a good indicator of that. Lamela failed in his role.
He failed because he is a terrible footballer. You may have forgotten, but you also think hes terrible.

Yet here you are, backing the manager for using him. Fucking weirdo.

You are a joyless, miserable and boringly repetitive poster. I am at a loss to see what the fuck you get out of supporting any team, why the fuck did it have to be the one I'm passionate about?

I got joy, a lot of it from the first hour or so of yesterdays game. Then the inevitable happened and Im man enough to recognise it rather than pretend it was all in the hands of the football gods because we are too great to be shit.
You lost your passion when you fell on your sword and decided that this club is where it should be.

Shit players play shit football. Yes I knew he would be shit. Because he is shit.
Yet chosen to ignore where I give them credit for the positives
A lifetime in the army has clearly told you that authority should never be challenged and is always right and know your place- So go ahead and be a good little sheep.
Then you dont know what indirectly means
Its really not that big of a strange thing to accept professional managers get it wrong. The game yesterday was a good indicator of that. Lamela failed in his role.
He failed because he is a terrible footballer. You may have forgotten, but you also think hes terrible.
Yet here you are, backing the manager for using him. Fucking weirdo.
I got joy, a lot of it from the first hour or so of yesterdays game. Then the inevitable happened and Im man enough to recognise it rather than pretend it was all in the hands of the football gods because we are too great to be shit.
You lost your passion when you fell on your sword and decided that this club is where it should be.
Oh dear.
I didn't spend a lifetime in the army, I left because I challenged the future mapped out for me, I have been a civilian longer than I was a soldier.
I do know what indirectly means, and I also know that whilst lamela isn't the standard we thought he was going to be, he isn't "shit" - I suspect that you are not fit to lace his boots, as a footballer.
Hmm, resorting to personal insults - where did I say I backed the managers choice of playing him? No - what I said was, that you didn't know that he would be that poor (he was poor by his own standards) and that you did not know that he would be worse than Alli. Sorry - you just did not know that, because nobody did. Only your massive ego says that you "knew" that.
And your massive ego says that you are man enough to speak out about the things that are wrong etc etc
THATS MY POINT - YOU BORING, TAWDRY, EGOTISTICAL INDIVIDUAL - YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP POINTING IT OUT!
I haven't lost ANY of my passion for the club, but god knows - people like you certainly seem hell bent on removing it.
Please note, I am addressing your posting style, and how you come across because of it. I haven't resorted to insulting you personally, or challenging your intellect. I am simply pointing out to you, the godawful impact your constant whining, moaning and pompous posts have on me - and I doubt that I'm alone.
You are like the character Private Frazer in dads army, everything is gloom doom and despondency in your world.
You are actually a really good poster, when you are not on a mission to show everyone just how "expert" you are, and that gift of foresight you possess
Just give it a rest, or go and suck the life out of some other poor message board. Please.

I can't say I felt positive when I left the ground yesterday, but having read through this, has made me feel a wee bit better. Think that it was the way the game went that made me feel crap, more than the actual performance, as it felt like a loss. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

The main positive I took when leaving the ground was that it wasn't a loss. The game was there for Stoke to win and for some reason they backed off and accepted a point.

I hope if we are in a similar position in a game that we have the guts to go for the win.

The main positive I took when leaving the ground was that it wasn't a loss. The game was there for Stoke to win and for some reason they backed off and accepted a point.

I hope if we are in a similar position in a game that we have the guts to go for the win.

I think we would, as seen plenty of times last season with the late winners.

It's always the way. If we were 2-0 or 2-1 down and it was 2-2 it would almost have felt like a win.

Back
Top Bottom