The three captains

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our lack of outfield leadership has been a major concern for me. Hugo is the obvious choice I suppose, and it might ruffle quite a few feathers if Harry was given the post so early in his career. But at least, he shows some gumption, and doesn't go missing when things are not going too well.

I've never been a fan of GK or Strikers as Captains... has to be a defender or CM for me... simply due to Geography... surely it's easier to dictate play and keep an eye on players from the MIDDLE of the park.
Fair play to Lloris, but really, how the hell is he gonna communicate with Llamela from 100 yards away?
Likewise a striker trying to give some encouragement to the defence... he's at totally the wrong end of the pitch to have an impact.
It's no co-incidence that 4 of our best ever Captains were either midfielders or defenders. (Blanchflower, Mackay, Perryman, Mabbutt... y'know, the good ones that weren't Ade!)
:adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom