The shirt or the man in it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me it will ALWAYS be the Shirt. Thankfully at my age, i dont go in for hero worshiping players (although obviously i have my 'favourites') as i have learned over the years that they come & go but, for me, the club will always be there.

The Roberts quote absolutely nails it for me.

Many fans will have a myriad of derivations of Yid, Tottenham, Billy Nick quotes or our motto tatooed on themselves. I would wager very few have, Harry Kane, he's one of our own inked down their forearm.

At least we didn't sing Soldado's name when he came on during the Villa game, makes me cringe when we sing this guys name as if he is a Spurs goalscoring hero, early last year no problem with the song as its fans showing support and love but this guy doesn't deserve a song.

I miss the old Tottenham songs, the blame for not signing them is down entirely to the "old school" supporters (I'm one of them) by not signing them and keeping them alive, it's our duty to pass them on. We are quick to get on our high horses and complain about "new" songs and weather they are worthy or not but do absolutely fuck all to get the old ones sung and kept alive.

Ironically we do have a new song this year, "everywhere we go" is a non-player song and I think one of the reasons why it has got going.

The Roberts quote absolutely nails it for me.

That quote comes from Joe Paterno an American football coach.

The donkey from down the road came out with something similar:

“Play for the name on the front of the shirt, and they’ll remember the name on the back.”

Back
Top Bottom