The Season in Division two

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we had the TBWAH thread but this relates to the year we had in division two.
I remember being at Villa when relegation was all but confirmed and that was pretty tough. But what a year we had, so many memories,
Blackpool on the Prom, Bristol 9 Millwall home and away.
My personal favourite was Mansfield away. Train up and the double decker busses to the ground. Pissing rain and 3.3. What a day.
And then Brighton away when it all kicked off

Thoughts and memories?

Memories?
- Burnley at home. 3-0. Pissing with rain and my wife throwing up on the shelf.
- Bristol Rovers at home. 9-0. Couldn’t be arsed to go. Regretted it ever since.

Memories?
- Burnley at home. 3-0. Pissing with rain and my wife throwing up on the shelf.
- Bristol Rovers at home. 9-0. Couldn’t be arsed to go. Regretted it ever since.
A bit off topic, but I just remembered that I was at the Wigan game in 2009-10. It ended 9-1 and when Kranjcar scored our 9th in 90+4 my son went nuts. Turned out he’d bet on Kranjcar getting the last goal.

Nine goals and we still couldn’t keep a clean sheet ffs. Nothing’s changed. Well, apart from us scoring goals.

Oh the memories!

Long before my time but I read a very good book called Glory, Glory Gone recently that covered the decline of the Bill Nick era, the Terry Neill fiasco, the relegation and the subsequent revival under Burkinshaw. Great read that did a lot to satisfy my curiosity about the club during this period.

Long before my time but I read a very good book called Glory, Glory Gone recently that covered the decline of the Bill Nick era, the Terry Neill fiasco, the relegation and the subsequent revival under Burkinshaw. Great read that did a lot to satisfy my curiosity about the club during this period.
Thanks for the tip. Look forward to finding a copy.

loved that season, me a few mates went to all the home games and many of the away, memories of the games nave faded now
remember having bet with a mate Spurs would go up & west ham would go down *they were in first div then)
up until the easter we were nailed on to go up, and then it was a last game draw at southampton that got both of us up we were 3rd (from what I remember there was hardly any shots and the players sof both teams eemed to play for the draw (maybe the captains had agreed something ?)

Brilliant season.
Went to every home game, except Millwall as my Dad wouldn't take me to that one( was 9/10),
and Orient away.Anyone that went that season,enjoyed it . And the reunion at the Coach& Horses the other year shows ,that people still have very fond memories of it.

Back
Top Bottom