The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact that article is on talksport means its ultimately bullshit.
Of course it's bullshit. It's not suggesting what's going to happen, just what might happen. It's not meant to be taken seriously. It's just as serious as people predicting that Leicester will win all their remaining games - all nonsense.

Did i hear right that we play after them every game until the last game of the season?
Yep. Four Monday nights in a row, then a Sunday afternoon, then the final day.

It's unfortunate that we'll be playing catch up (and you could argue that it may give Leicester a psychological boost as they'll be playing to extend their lead each time), but it's simply a result of the broadcasters suddenly realising we're important right now and so cramming us into the television schedule in the only available slots.

At least there's one person who'll be pleased with the extra revenue...

BVXSzi.gif

Yep. Four Monday nights in a row, then a Sunday afternoon, then the final day.

It's unfortunate that we'll be playing catch up (and you could argue that it may give Leicester a psychological boost as they'll be playing to extend their lead each time), but it's simply a result of the broadcasters suddenly realising we're important right now and so cramming us into the television schedule in the only available slots.

At least there's one person who'll be pleased with the extra revenue...

BVXSzi.gif

That's 6 games. It's 3 in a row.

#pedantscorner

It's not suggesting what's going to happen, just what might happen. It's not meant to be taken seriously. It's just as serious as people predicting that Leicester will win all their remaining games - all nonsense.

...that's the only bit that keeps fucking happening though!

...that's the only bit that keeps fucking happening though!
I know it's obviously through the rose-tinted glasses of being a Spurs fan...

But I'm praying that just one result going against Leicester would knock their belief and make the whole thing fall down like a house of cards.
Their past few results have not lined up with their respective performances.

So here's hoping West Ham give as much of a fuck this weekend as they did against us...

But can you see them winning 10 in a row? I know they don't have to, but I can't. Something will give.
...I can't, no... but then again, I also couldn't see Bayern messing up on Penalties in the CL Final in 2012...

...same as I couldn't see that a poxy bit of lasagne would ruin our entire season, and no one outside the club seemed to give a shit (...mind you, the players certainly did... right in the middle of the pitch!)

...same as I (and the whole world) could see the ball had gone about 3 miles over Roy Carroll's goal line at OT...

It's these things that keep happening, against all sane logic and odds, that make me feel it will never truly, be our day! Even when we deserve it to be!

...I can't, no... but then again, I also couldn't see Bayern messing up on Penalties in the CL Final in 2012...

...same as I couldn't see that a poxy bit of lasagne would ruin our entire season, and no one outside the club seemed to give a shit (...mind you, the players certainly did... right in the middle of the pitch!)

...same as I (and the whole world) could see the ball had gone about 3 miles over Roy Carroll's goal line at OT...

It's these things that keep happening, against all sane logic and odds, that make me feel it will never truly, be our day! Even when we deserve it to be!

Was at OT for that. I'm not sure I'm over it yet.

I know it's obviously through the rose-tinted glasses of being a Spurs fan...

But I'm praying that just one result going against Leicester would knock their belief and make the whole thing fall down like a house of cards.
Their past few results have not lined up with their respective performances.

So here's hoping West Ham give as much of a fuck this weekend as they did against us...

I agree. If West Ham come out like they did against us, and Leicester come out willing to absorb attacks like they have been, it could be the result we need. I think if things were to fall apart for the foxes, they need a demoralizing defeat. 3-0 to the Spammers, or something of the kind is necessary to shake them. That coupled with a win for us at Stoke would set the table for the final four weeks, and give us an honest chance.

I'm honestly so pessimistic that I accepted 2nd about 2 weeks ago. I just don't see Leicester dropping enough points to let us back in, sad as that makes me.

Of course, I'm hoping they do drop the points like that article suggests, but fuck it's suggestion that Chelsea will beat us 2-1 the cunts.

Am I the only one who won't honestly be upset if we finish 2nd? It's still a huge fucking achievement and much higher than any of us realistically could have predicted. Of course other clubs have been way below par from what we usually expect, Woolwich have been injury ravaged, City have faltered since January, united are shit as expected, liverpool are shit as expect and Chelsea could have been fighting relegation. But I have to be honest and say the results Leicester have been getting have for the most part been deserved and as a squad over the season, they deserve to be up there.

As things stand all we can do is look at one or two games and think "What if." But I just don't see this as a failed season even if we don't finish first. I'd love to see my team achieve glory, but I won't be upset if we don't, because we have came a damn sight closer than I ever thought we would even this decade.

Back
Top Bottom