The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was very down last night and this morning, I got to work and a Liverpool fan said to me "you must be frustrated today". I was primed to react, but then went on to say...

"If you win next week it will be a good point, you would have been happy beating West Brom and drawing at Chelsea, just got to flip it around...Leicester won't win at Old Trafford and Chelsea won't be as bothered now they think your out of it"

This I had not considered, but it's all quite insightful and true. A BIG IF, but the IF we do beat Chelsea, and Leicester don't win...then pressure is back on. They will need to win it @ home to Everton, who won't give them fuck all ( unlike some teams like Swansea etc ) if it goes into the last day, well who says we can't take it ?

It's true. I'd have been happy with 4 points from WBA and Chelsea and that's still possible.

Always I will worry about Woolwich and Shity catching us, but second is in our own hands and that's important too.

COYS - let's finally beat Chelsea @ the Second Hand Fridge :)

Don't kill yourself my man, don't see this as one season, see it as a 5 year road to domination

Enjoy it, Leicester will have a trophy on a shelf like Blackburn as they disappear in a year or two, we have been building for years

Don't kill yourself my man, don't see this as one season, see it as a 5 year road to domination

Enjoy it, Leicester will have a trophy on a shelf like Blackburn as they disappear in a year or two, we have been building for years

A trophy would be nice for us. Can't help but think that should be us in the fa cup final. We should have beaten palace but were played a full team in europa games either side of that cup game. Obviously the league title is the one we want more. Leicester might disappear. No way they will keep mahrez. He will be in a city shirt.

Chelsea will definitely want to beat us and if a miracle happens and we can still win it on the last day I cannot see them breaking a sweat to beat Leicester. They've openly admitted their preferred team. Hazard and fabrigas should be banned on Saturday for their comments. Classless wankers

Last edited:
The interesting point my grandad put to me was this. If Spurs were fighting for 4th like we had initially expected, and any other of the "big" teams were sitting second, I'd be cheering Leicester on as well. And he's right. I'd be cheering for the underdog, and even though we are also underdogs in this story, I totally get why everyone but us wants to see Leicester win the title now, and I'm not bitter about it.

article-P-795c20ac-8dec-48b2-b8e1-9c8a51d725c3-3sNQFwuL6f98a97d23f7fb6fb0ba-470_634x356.jpg
130503koscielny.jpg

Utd will not do us no favours on the weekend, just realised Lingered and Kossialny are the same player?

Thinking about it, Ive never seen them in the same room together?

Last edited:
article-P-795c20ac-8dec-48b2-b8e1-9c8a51d725c3-3sNQFwuL6f98a97d23f7fb6fb0ba-470_634x356.jpg
130503koscielny.jpg

Utd will not do us ay favours on the weekend, just realised Lingered and Kossialny are the same player?

Thinking about it, Ive never seen them in the same room together?

It should be quite obvious that they're not the same person.. I mean.. Oh man, you're breaking my balls.. I'm gonna sound like a racist here..

But.. Koscielny obviously have a bigger nose

Leicester's to lose now after all that went on on Monday nite but need to keep an eye on the ball 3 points next Monday will ease a few worries on here about the a scumfest. Leicester have less than a 50% chance of winning at Man Utd can't see it being a nil -nil TBH. I don't see the title race ending on Sunday Afternoon love to be a fly on the wall in the Man Utd Dressing rooms

This seems like an exercise in contradiction: Darren Fletcher says it is due to lack of title winning experience that we are likely to not win the league. Then the article discusses how Leicester have done so with fewer title winning players than ourselves.

Tottenham come up short in pivotal test of title-winning character | David Hytner
It's however they want to spin it, for us we don't have the experience which costs us, for them they don't have the experience which means the pressures off.

A trophy would be nice for us. Can't help but think that should be us in the fa cup final. We should have beaten palace but were played a full team in europa games either side of that cup game. Obviously the league title is the one we want more. Leicester might disappear. No way they will keep mahrez. He will be in a city shirt.

Chelsea will definitely want to beat us and if a miracle happens and we can still win it on the last day I cannot see them breaking a sweat to beat Leicester. They've openly admitted their preferred team. Hazard and fabrigas should be banned on Saturday for their comments. Classless wankers

The trophies will come, remember Poch picked up our squad a total mess, season 1 he isolated who to dump and who to keep, season 2 he has shaped the best team in the league with 5 or 6 others he can rely on to fill in.

Season 3 he is now in a position where he has the settled team and by upgrading on 4 fringe players in summer will mean we can compete on more than one front and get some silverware in the cabinet

Chelsea will always be Chelsea absolute scum, I bet Conte gets rid of most of the squad, spineless mercenaries

I sincerely hope not, as that will mean they're eligible again on Monday!!!!

I had a feeling the Everton game against LC will be the game that either wins the PL for them or allows us back in to the race. We need to beat Chavs because they will not win at OT. I still believe (a little).

Back
Top Bottom