The question of time and Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
A lot of time has passed since Eriksen arrived at Spurs. The club has changed, the team and our expectations, but has our Danish playmaker? Questions are starting to be asked about his worth, how much we need him and where should he play? It's time for Eriksen to show us.

Read article

Well written piece, but can't agree with most of it. Poch thinks he is undroppable, one of our most selected players.

Eriksen is a player that thrives when given space, be that on the left, as a conventional 10 or dropping deeper. Give him space and he will exploit it. His challenge is to find this space, which is becoming harder given that the oppo will do all they can to deny that space, stop Eriksen = stop Spurs. I'd argue that the emergence/improvement of the other players (Lamela, Dier & Dembele) have benefitted from the attention the oppo give Eriksen, which has left them more time on the ball to elevate their game and contribute effectively.

I would like to see him improve his physical presence, his upper body strength. Yet I doubt he is going to do this.
I look at Lamela at Roma just before he joined and how his upper body has improved, his arms etc.
euk3g0.jpg

Yet Eriksen's physique looks the same as when he joined from Ajax.
16jhcms.jpg

He basically has the same weak points that people talked about at Ajax.
1) his physicality
2) performance consistency (his tendency to show up for certain games)
3) his goalscoring consistency.

I would like to see him improve his physical presence, his upper body strength. Yet I doubt he is going to do this.
I look at Lamela at Roma just before he joined and how his upper body has improved, his arms etc.
euk3g0.jpg

Yet Eriksen's physique looks the same as when he joined from Ajax.
16jhcms.jpg

He basically has the same weak points that people talked about at Ajax.
1) his physicality
2) performance consistency (his tendency to show up for certain games)
3) his goalscoring consistency.

This is my issue with Eriksen, since he arrived nothing has changed or improved. he is still a good player but he should be running our team

This is my issue with Eriksen, since he arrived nothing has changed or improved. he is still a good player but he should be running our team
He should be hitting his prime over the next few seasons.
He seems to have plateaued.
Only the next few years will tell.

Back
Top Bottom