The players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How are we going to compete in the CL then (when we get there)? CL games are also played midweek.
How is saturday-tuesday/sunday-wednesday different from thursday-sunday?
Will we have to rest half our squad for the CL games as well? Or the PL games? Play U21s against Zenit, Porto & Shakhtar?

That's a fair point..
I just hope it's becuase the EL is a step down and they are not motivated enough.
We did ok when we were in the CL last time as the players were up for the whole season.

This is what I thought as well. Everyone (fans+media+Rodgers) are saying Liverpool played their best match ever. I think any team in the PL would've beaten us yesterday. We were a crap team and they took the ball from us.
Yeah.

It's like saying we were world class when we beat Wigan 9-1 or whatever. We were not.

We just moved the ball quickly and had a bunch of chances.

Ginola accuses Spurs stars of failing to respect history of club

Ginola says Villas-Boas' departure should not cloud the fact that the players have shown a lack of pride in the shirt this season.

“You need to understand the history of the club,” said the Spurs legend.

“Who were the former players? Who are legends of the club? You have to understand where you are.

“When you are wearing the jersey, it is not only about your wages. It is not thinking only of yourself.

“When I was there on Sunday, I felt for the fans. They lost 5-0 and I was there thinking this is absolutely terrible because I didn’t see any reaction.

“At this time I look at the players and think you don’t understand what it is all about. Football is not that.”

Well said.:ledley:

I dunno, with so many new players, and ones who probably didn't go out knowing much about the Spurs way I think it's difficult to expect them to understand it within a few months.

But, having said that, I think the real problem is that most footballers these days are there for the paycheque and I don't think it matter if it's at Spurs or anywhere else. They just see it as a well paid job rather than an old style competition to go out and win with passion. It's a game wide problem, not just one at Spurs. Players like Holtby are fast becoming the minority.

I dunno, with so many new players, and ones who probably didn't go out knowing much about the Spurs way I think it's difficult to expect them to understand it within a few months.

But, having said that, I think the real problem is that most footballers these days are there for the paycheque and I don't think it matter if it's at Spurs or anywhere else. They just see it as a well paid job rather than an old style competition to go out and win with passion. It's a game wide problem, not just one at Spurs. Players like Holtby are fast becoming the minority.

I know it sounds a bit 'Hollywood Movie plot'... but surely, as part of EVERY player's 'initiation' into the club, as well as making them sing Karaoke at the training ground so that Kyle Walker can upload it and get lots of 'likes'... shouldn;t they simply play them summit like this;

...and if they'r gonna sing anything at the Karaoke night, it should be Macnamara's Band!

Last edited:
I know it sounds a bit 'Hollywood Movie plot'... but surely, as part of EVERY player's 'initiation' into the club, as well as making them sing Karaoke at the training ground so that Kyle Walker can upload it and get lots of 'likes'... shouldn;t they simply play them summit like this;

...and if they'r gonna sing anything, it should be Macnamara's Band!

Watching the first video reminds me how much was happier as a fan back in the days of Teddy, Klinsmann, Ginola et al. Things seemed simpler back then. As if we didn't have to worry about aiming high and could just tag along for the ride.

That's a fair point..
I just hope it's becuase the EL is a step down and they are not motivated enough.
We did ok when we were in the CL last time as the players were up for the whole season.
We also had one of the best players in the world in the team too!!

Watching the first video reminds me how much was happier as a fan back in the days of Teddy, Klinsmann, Ginola et al. Things seemed simpler back then. As if we didn't have to worry about aiming high and could just tag along for the ride.

The expectation does add a bit of negativity IMO. When we were shit it's almost as if we had an excuse when we fucked up, but we have a genuinely good side now. So when we take a hiding it's that much more embarrassing.

He mustn't have seen an inconsolable Lewis Holtby.

What Ginola said still applies to the rest of them.

One thing is not "responding to the manager". Another issue altogether is not responding to getting shat at on their own turf by Raheem Sterling and Jordan f*cking Henderson.

AVB Sherwood has got questions to answer and he may well be on his way out is obviously out of his depth.

However, the guys on the field today should take the brunt of the blame. I'd except Lloris, Walker, Chadli, Eriksen and Soldado.

Dawson and Capoue Kaboul are good enough to stay beside Suarez when he starts running towards goal, surely?

Naughton was a disaster. Fryers Rose not much better.

Dembele Vertonghen shouldn't have bothered turning up. Sandro should admit when he isn't fit and Paulinho was a fucking idiot to get sent off.

And how many chances do we give Lennon? He should have torn that wee car stereo thief a new arse today and did fuck all.

Fuck playing for the manager, they should play for us. Useless cunts.

Nothing's changed.

Change a few names here and there and you wouldn't even know this wasn't from today.

Gonna put this here. More on the alleged "mutiny" started by Kane. Pinch of salt and so on..

prof (who posted the initial bit on galahads behalf):Okay. The following info came to Galahad on Friday evening (with a couple of extra snippets on Saturday morning), and is from a different source to the person quoted in post #1 of this thread. He initially sent it to me just for my information and didn't want it posted, however the appearance of this thread meant that he is okay with the following being shared. Take it or leave it.

Kaboul believed that the Ade 'faction' had the ascendency, if not in numbers then in influence, due to their seniority. He felt that the refusal to tow the seniority line by the younger players (led by Kane, Dier and Mason) came as a challenge to the established order in general, and to the authority of his captaincy in particular. That's why he made the decision (very much egged on by Ade) to go to Poch and complain, with the aim of presenting the 'Kane Mutiny' (sorry, couldn't resist. :smiley9: ) as being the root cause of the team's problems. Unexpectedly, for the Ade group, Poch supported the mutiny.

Lennon was caught up in supporting players (Ade and Kaboul) with whom he has built friendships over several years. Poch spoke to him on Friday, laying out what he expects from Lennon as a player and as a teammate, and (to his credit) Lennon seems to have responded very well. Poch does not see Lennon as a major issue, more as someone who did what they thought was the right thing (being loyal to a friend) but quickly realized it wasn't. As far as Poch is concerned, Lennon is not a man-management issue.
--
-prof on jan and eriksen: They both sided with the mutineers. Solidly. Would have been easier to keep their heads down and not take sides, like Lamela, Paulinho and Dembele.

-on rose siding with ade/kabs: I have heard that from one source, but it hasn't been corroborated.

-on lennon choosing the wrong side and seen his error : It does appear that way.

If there is truth in this ITK, then it makes our win v Hull very important. Because like most Spurs fans I back the likes of Kane and Mason, 'ones of our own', if they are unhappy with Ade and Kaboul. Because for sure most Spurs fans are very unhappy with what Kab and Ade have given us this season.

God this seems like the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. Give no credence to it whatsoever
With most ITK I feel like my standard response is "alarming if true, but sounds like it's made up."

As for that, I'm just laughing my ass off. Can't take it seriously.

Gonna put this here. More on the alleged "mutiny" started by Kane. Pinch of salt and so on..

prof (who posted the initial bit on galahads behalf):Okay. The following info came to Galahad on Friday evening (with a couple of extra snippets on Saturday morning), and is from a different source to the person quoted in post #1 of this thread. He initially sent it to me just for my information and didn't want it posted, however the appearance of this thread meant that he is okay with the following being shared. Take it or leave it.

Kaboul believed that the Ade 'faction' had the ascendency, if not in numbers then in influence, due to their seniority. He felt that the refusal to tow the seniority line by the younger players (led by Kane, Dier and Mason) came as a challenge to the established order in general, and to the authority of his captaincy in particular. That's why he made the decision (very much egged on by Ade) to go to Poch and complain, with the aim of presenting the 'Kane Mutiny' (sorry, couldn't resist. :smiley9: ) as being the root cause of the team's problems. Unexpectedly, for the Ade group, Poch supported the mutiny.

Lennon was caught up in supporting players (Ade and Kaboul) with whom he has built friendships over several years. Poch spoke to him on Friday, laying out what he expects from Lennon as a player and as a teammate, and (to his credit) Lennon seems to have responded very well. Poch does not see Lennon as a major issue, more as someone who did what they thought was the right thing (being loyal to a friend) but quickly realized it wasn't. As far as Poch is concerned, Lennon is not a man-management issue.
--
-prof on jan and eriksen: They both sided with the mutineers. Solidly. Would have been easier to keep their heads down and not take sides, like Lamela, Paulinho and Dembele.

-on rose siding with ade/kabs: I have heard that from one source, but it hasn't been corroborated.

-on lennon choosing the wrong side and seen his error : It does appear that way.
Vertonghen and Eriksen support the mutineers? Does that mean they supported Kane and the Spurs clan or was with Bayors Blasé crew? Sorry I'm a dipshit I know!

Back
Top Bottom