The players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

not buying the 'hardly any service' excuse anymore, he had plenty of chances, he just couldn't hit a barndoor, Defoe is not a better player then soldado, we're shit out of luck at striker position
Wrong. I can blame most players today, but not Soldado.

@ AberdeenYid AberdeenYid I agree to a great extent. But he seems to have lost the dressing room. Whether that's his fault or the players' fault doesn't really matter. The fact remains.

he seems to have lost the dressing room.
UDBqxKZ.png

Today was the first time under AVB where I thought level of effort was a problem. Pretty shameful performances from most. Maybe the dressing room is lost. Who is to know?

Agree with much of what has been said, but seriously, where do we go from here? Here and now! Realistically, who comes in! Who would any one of us not bought, any of the new players, that have been bought! If I remember rightly, 3-4 months ago, we were all upbeat about this season. I,m fu**ed off (understatement) with today's result, but we are still only 6 points (2 wins, where others may fail) off of top 4! Well over half a season to go! I don't think it would be wise to panic/react in a negative way! We showed character and determination after City. We can do it again against Southampton, WBA and Stoke! With others (no one is flying) potentially dropping points, we could be right back in the mix!

As frustrated as I am, I can not right off or c**t off the season, manager and players just yet!!

COYS!!

Agree with much of what has been said, but seriously, where do we go from here? Here and now! Realistically, who comes in! Who would any one of us not bought, any of the new players, that have been bought! If I remember rightly, 3-4 months ago, we were all upbeat about this season. I,m fu**ed off (understatement) with today's result, but we are still only 6 points (2 wins, where others may fail) off of top 4! Well over half a season to go! I don't think it would be wise to panic/react in a negative way! We showed character and determination after City. We can do it again against Southampton, WBA and Stoke! With others (no one is flying) potentially dropping points, we could be right back in the mix!

As frustrated as I am, I can not right off or c**t off the season, manager and players just yet!!

COYS!!
It's one thing being "back in the mix". But after half a dozen times of being back in the mix and missing out by a point or cunty Chelsea result Levy wants his next CL run. Lets face it, getting results against the lower teams isn't all it takes and we've so far failed to beat one top four contender this season.

We can talk manager (soon to be managers, I expect) all we may, but when players like Naughton, Dembele, Lennon and Paulinho turn up (or not) like this today, no wonder we struggle to beat even relegation zone teams.

Aberdeen is spot on. Players should at very least play for us, at home. Tactics, injuries, opposition aside, they should have a proper go, at very least.

We have so many bottlers in this team it is unreal. One doesn't even know where to begin.

Also I see Dawson getting bailed out for his lack of pace, as if it's a saving grace being a slow professional footballer. Which would be good and dandy, I suppose, if it wasn't for the fact that all of his many gaffes today were due to awful positioning and absurd decision making, not pace or lack of it. He was the most capped, most app'ed, longest serving and oldest player in that defence, let alone a club captain. And it was still he who needed helping out. Not with the pace, just being in the proper fucking place at the proper fucking time. But he is so good clearing high balls you say. Oh really? Is that why Liverpool spent all game sending high balls over the defence with ease, no defenders trying to clear and nobody trying to play the runners offside? Brilliant. Just took the biscuit for Sterlings goal, when the ball bounced in from the left, Lennon desperately trying to mark 2 players at the 6 yard box, Dawson not marking, not blocking, not pressing. Just standing around at the near post ball watching. Sorry, but when you defend like that, I don't give a shit if you look angry flapping your arms when we concede our 3rd, 4th, 5th goals and THEN clap the fans afterwards. I thought we got rid of sentimental losers attitudes like that when we flogged Keane.

Paulinho? Good thing he got a ban. Will force the managers hand. Was diabolical until the red card no matter where he played.

Lennon? Poor old Lennon is back. A winger, whose prime asset is pace, failed to make one single good run in behind the fullback to find space for the good deep pass. He'd rather wait outside on the touchline, standing around to wait for the ball to feet, then get pressed back or inside by some random teenage scouse fullback played out of position.

Dembele? Do not get me started.

Naughton? Neither.

Chadli, Walker, Hugo and possible Soldado(how much work did he do today!) are the only one to take any credit at all from today. The rest should be donating their match bonuses to local charities. Absolutely shameful.

The worst thing is, Liverpool were not even that good. They just kept rushing the ball to Suarez and then backing it with runs from Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho, interchanging. That is all it takes to unbalance our defence.

The literally did not need to do more than a give-and-go outside the box to get a free shooting chance inside it.

The worst thing is, Liverpool were not even that good. They just kept rushing the ball to Suarez and then backing it with runs from Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho, interchanging. That is all it takes to unbalance our defence.

The literally did not need to do more than a give-and-go outside the box to get a free shooting chance inside it.
That will be remedied once we have more first choice defenders back, we've always looked pretty damn solid then, unless ofcourse more than one of them has a major fucking off day.

Wrong. I can blame most players today, but not Soldado.

@ AberdeenYid AberdeenYid I agree to a great extent. But he seems to have lost the dressing room. Whether that's his fault or the players' fault doesn't really matter. The fact remains.
Very much this. I think you can only really take player blame so far. If they are unhappy in how they are being told to play or are getting demoralised by poor results then it's the manager who must be looked to overall. Fish rots from the heard first.

This is what I thought as well. Everyone (fans+media+Rodgers) are saying Liverpool played their best match ever. I think any team in the PL would've beaten us yesterday. We were a crap team and they took the ball from us.

Back
Top Bottom